Brewer Fanatic

2014 Season Ticket Sales

chadomac

The front office has to be extremely concerned about losing season ticket holders this offseason, right? Do you think there will be some type of promotion/discount to keep as many of us as they can?

I'm fairly confident the prices won't go up, I can tell you that. Are you considering downgrading or discontinuing your ticket package?

Just curious what others' thoughts are going into next season from a ticket-holder perspective.

I got rid of a 20 pack after 2011. It seems to work better for me to buy tickets on a game by game basis and if they are not any good I still go but at heavily discounted prices in August and September. Now if everybody did that I know the organization would be in trouble but to a degree they have brought it upon themselves with the discounted ticket promotions that they have on a regular basis.

As a long time 10-Pack (or was it 9?) holder I initially decided not to renew this last season. But then that Chance To Advance promotion came and I signed up for that. It was cheaper and by the end of the year I was sitting on the field level. I hope they offer that again because I loved it. Not sure if many took advantage of the program this year or not.

I have a 10 game package for the 2nd consecutive year (about 10th overall).

I'm going to renew for sure, and might upgrade both in seat location and number of games. It depends on what's available.

My ticket account representative seems totally accommodating, so it looks promising.

Now, we're in the Family Section on the Loge level (right in front of the media section behind the screen). I think I'd like to get down on the field level, but still behind the screen. Not sure how pricey that will be.

I've been a partial season ticket holder (currently a 20 game plan) since 1992 (93?). There have been a lot worse seasons than this "record-wise" in those 20 years and there was the 1994 strike year. My memory is not great, but I don't remember a time when they ever lowered the price. My guess is that they will keep the prices the same and possibly offer some extra added incentive to renew (something a little more than they offer in most years).

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Full season since 02. This is the closest I've been to giving them up. There are tons of way to get cheaper tickets besides my "discount". The in-game "entertainment" is just boring. The games are taking forever. My favorite employee is no longer working there. It's a real toss up right now.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

I'm planning on Renewing...

but with a newborn on the way we'll see what the wifey says....

This is may same situation. We bought a 20 pack for the first time this season. I loved it. Saving a few bucks on each ticket and all the perks made it well worth it. Plus our ticket rep was fantastic.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I do not have my own season ticket package, but I do buy into a full season package for 2 tickets for 10 games. I plan on renewing indefinitely because:

1) 10 is a manageable number of games (enough to make it worthwhile, but not too many)

2) The tickets are in the 2nd row of the field level, and I don't want to lose the opportunity to buy seats that good.

3) The price is reasonable as the tickets are in the first section of "outfield" pricing.

In general though, if the tickets weren't as good, or I wasn't in the package with friends/relatives, I would not buy season tickets and would go game-to-game instead. My preferred method for most sporting events is scalping tickets day-of, unless it is a high-demand event and I want to guarantee myself tickets ahead of time.

Bani, if you're on the first base side you sit 4 rows in front of me and my friends who share a 40-game plan. I've probably seen you. Same with me - I get 10 games and sell half of them so the 5 games I go to cost hardly anything.

I will not likely be going in on a plan next year though but that is because I will probably not be within driving distance of Miller Park.

Ive been a 20 pack SSH since 2012, and for living in AZ I have made it to about 10-12 games in my package each season, but thats mainly due to finding cheap flights and also now having airline flight benefits thanks to a friend of mine. Im building a new house this fall so unless I can find some people to split my package with I will likely be dropping my 20 pack and just buying on a game by game basis again. I do have to say that my rep has been fantastic though.
Formerly AirShuttle6104

• 1 month later...

Well... got the packet in the mail on Saturday. It appears prices have remained the same based on the Terrace Box price of $18 noted. We're considering moving close this year... most likely either Field Outfield or Loge Outfield.

I have a question for other season ticket holders. If we were to do the Sundays Plus package and were thinking about these two areas... can I call our rep and ask him what seats are available right now? We've done the Fan's Choice package in the past and picked our games... so we never knew where our seats were going to be until we got the tickets. Just wondering if it's different when you pick one of the designated 20 packs instead. The section/on the aisle factor would influence our decision a lot.

Rumor has it that season ticket packages will include a season ticket holders only Segura bobblehead. Anyone know if this includes all ticket packages? If so, what is the smallest package you can get?

On that note, if any season ticket holders would like to sell or trade an extra Segura bobblehead, please let me know.

I was always hoping they wouldn't do the exclusive bobble, but it appears as though it is happening this season. It just isn't doable for me to get a season ticket package.

:(

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

It doesn't specify on the packet on just which package gets the bobble.... I'd say probably all 20 game or more packages will get the bobble.

Also the pay-in-full right away rewards are pretty much the same as last year...

Full SSH get their choice of Yount or Fingers signing a limited print pic....

You knew me as Myday2001.

I have a question for other season ticket holders. If we were to do the Sundays Plus package and were thinking about these two areas... can I call our rep and ask him what seats are available right now? We've done the Fan's Choice package in the past and picked our games... so we never knew where our seats were going to be until we got the tickets. Just wondering if it's different when you pick one of the designated 20 packs instead. The section/on the aisle factor would influence our decision a lot.

Definitely ask. The reps may not have a complete picture of what's available until they know who else is renewing/not renewing, but they should be able to give you some idea already. Here is the hawing household's experience:

From 2001-2007 we had a fan's choice 20-pack in the terrace box. The only reason we weren't moved all over was because we asked for family section seats, but we were moved around within that section. In 2008, we added a Sunday Plus 20-pack in the loge family section, which has been awesome for us; and in 2009 we changed our terrace seats to Opening Day Plus.

When I talked to our rep about changing the terrace plan, he described how our section (417) was divided, with seats in certain rows reserved for fixed-pack, other rows for fan's choice customers, etc. The rows reserved for fan's choice customers lined up with where we'd been seated in recent years.

We wanted to claim seats in row 7 for our fixed package, and at first he said that wasn't possible - that for a fixed 20 pack he could put us in rows 2 or 3. Something like that. Then he realized that since not all terrace box sections have seven rows, row 7 of our section wasn't reserved for anything - so he said, sure, he could put us there. (In case you are wondering, the front rows of the section don't work for me because I'm short and the railing blocks my view. I tested many seats in TB 417 one night in September 2002 when we were almost the only fans there, so I know what seats optimize my view. And yes, I am a giant nerd.)

So since 2009 we have had two fixed packs and have mostly been very pleased. There are a few instances every year where the two plans result in our having games on consecutive days/nights, which does not work well with our day jobs and distance from Milwaukee; but that is usually when the exchange policy saves our bacon, or I split those pairs of games with a coworker who also likes the family section.

Having the same seats every time isn't important for everyone, but I like it a lot. We have even met the couple who has "our" terrace seats for the Sunday Plus package. It's kind of nice to know who else is sitting there.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Speaking more generally about 2014 renewals:

Our packet arrived Saturday and the total owed is exactly the same as last year. Comparing the 2014 seating/pricing list to 2013's, there are no changes for existing or new season ticket customers. The 2014 invoice says that the total ticket savings off gate price, based on 2013 pricing (emphasis mine), is the same as on the 2013 invoice. Thus it appears single game ticket prices aren't set yet. There is also no mention of blue/gold/marquee game categories. Perhaps they're planning to switch to all dynamic pricing; time will tell.

The perks for early renewal are a bit expanded. For 20-game, half-season and Terrace Ticket Treat customers, the first 1500 accounts to pay in full can opt for a personal autograph session with Gomez, Lucroy or Segura OR $25 in food and beverage vouchers per seat on your account, plus your choice of Stadium Club passes OR seat upgrade vouchers.

For those wondering, the renewal materials are entirely Braunwashed.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

It's always been the secondary market for me. Why would I want to buy games I don't want in September just so I can be assured of a few prime dates in the summer? I go to games based on my schedule availability and interest which I can't project months ahead, and don't wish to lock myself in.

It's always been the secondary market for me. Why would I want to buy games I don't want in September just so I can be assured of a few prime dates in the summer? I go to games based on my schedule availability and interest which I can't project months ahead, and don't wish to lock myself in.

To each his own, but I like the perks and saving money on tickets and parking. I also go to all the bobblehead games anyway and they have packages built around that.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

In July I would have said no, but now I think we will probably renew our weekend 10 pack. Having games set on the calendar makes it easier to attend games with our adult daughters, and it's fun going to one game every 2 or 3 weeks and knowing where our seats will be.
Note: If I raise something as a POSSIBILITY that does not mean that I EXPECT it to happen.

We took the plunge and moved from Terrace Box to Loge Infield, Sec 212. We wanted 1st base side and couldn't get anything on the aisle in Field or Loge Outfield... so Loge Infield was just a dollar more per ticket than the Field Outfield... decided to go for it. Hope my wife and I get a similar tax return to last year to cover this :)

Archived