Brewer Fanatic

Scooter Gennett led the Major Leagues in AVG for August

The stache
Brewer Fanatic Contributor
We could platoon him and Weeks next year in a strict lefty/righty split. If not Weeks, almost all utility guys are right, so it shouldn't be that hard to do and gradually let Scooter get some AB's against lefties to see if he gets any better.

Only problem is having two guys who only play one position. As suggested, we probably would need to dump Ricky and add someone who can play more than just 2B.

That means we'd probably bring back Yuni.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There's this guy on the roster named Jeff Bianchi who can play all over and hits right handed.

Calling what Bianchi does 'hitting' is being too kind. :D

I never figured Bianchi for much more than back of the bench filler, but he's been really bad this year. No power, and his OBP stinks. Maybe he's somewhat better than this, but for someone who may get 200-250 PA's, I'd like to get someone that can either hit with a little bit of power, or draw a walk once in a while. Bianchi does neither.

There's this guy on the roster named Jeff Bianchi who can play all over and hits right handed.

Calling what Bianchi does 'hitting' is being too kind. :D

I never figured Bianchi for much more than back of the bench filler, but he's been really bad this year. No power, and his OBP stinks. Maybe he's somewhat better than this, but for someone who may get 200-250 PA's, I'd like to get someone that can either hit with a little bit of power, or draw a walk once in a while. Bianchi does neither.

Bianchi's hitting has certainly been disappointing. I've been happy with his defense. That alone gives him some value. But it would be nice to see him hit a little more. Let's hope that part of his game develops a little more next season.

I think we ever let guys like Bianchi, Schafer and Halton grow into bench roles we would end up with a better bench in a year or two.

I did see an article by Jeff Passon about unsung players of 2013. Gennett was ranked 9th while Kris Davis was 22nd. So it appears maybe he is starting to get some national run. http://sports.yahoo.com/news/list-of-baseball-s-most-unsung-players-goes-in-one-direction-131517711.html

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Archived