Brewer Fanatic

Pirates acquire Justin Morneau

reillymcshane

I like this addition for PIT. Morneau is a platoon-only bat at this point, but he can still hit righties. 2013 line v. RHP: .281/.343/.488/.831 (Career .891 to .711 v.RH/v.LH OPS split). Plus he's a solid defender at 1B.

Add Morneau in a platoon with Gaby Sánchez (career .298/.396/.495/.891 line v. LHP, .980 OPS v. LHP this season), & all of a sudden the Buccos are getting good fielding & good hitting from 1B.

I'm really rooting hard for the Pirates. I've definitely adopted them as my 'other' NL team over the past few seasons.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

The Twins really botched this season. They probably could have gotten a worthwhile player for Justin before July 31. They inexplicably have held on to Josh Willingham, I know he was injured but he's signed for next year at a decent rate. And they refused to move an over-priced, unneeded close in Glen Perkins.

The Twins really botched this season. They probably could have gotten a worthwhile player for Justin before July 31. They inexplicably have held on to Josh Willingham, I know he was injured but he's signed for next year at a decent rate. And they refused to move an over-priced, unneeded close in Glen Perkins.

i dunno if they could have, Morneau was pretty bad in july before the deadline, hitting .175/.330/.596 ... at least they got a AAAA OF for him

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Archived