Brewer Fanatic

Brewers trade John Axford to Cardinals for PTBNL

JJHardy7
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mr Southpaw said:

Michael Blazek goes from the 5th best prospect of the Cards to the 11th best prospect of the Brewers. None of the ten in front of him are on the MLB roster (Maybe Hellweg). Why do people say our minor leagues cupboard is so empty?

"Because it is? The top 4 of the Cardinals (Taveras, Wacha, Wong and Gast though I have no idea what Gast is doing that high on the list) is far better than Nelson, Jungmann, Hellweg and Taylor and that's even after the Cardinals have also graduated Miller, Rosenthal, Martinez and Adams off their prospect list this year.

We're just so ridiculously far behind other teams, especially the teams in our division on high upside prospects as well as depth."

But you are saying our 5th through 10th prospect are better than Blazek? MLB.com is. Maybe not, maybe we will just suck forever.

I am not an eternal optimist, but it looks like the glass is at least a 4/10ths full.

But you are saying our 5th through 10th prospect are better than Blazek? MLB.com is. Maybe not, maybe we will just suck forever.

I am not an eternal optimist, but it looks like the glass is at least a 4/10ths full.

First, You're looking at rankings that hadn't been updated and then comparing them to rankings that were updated post trade.

Second, I don't put much stock in Mayo's prospect rankings at all, BA never had him in the Cards' top 10. I think we'll see better prospect rankings in the future from MLB/MiLB with Callis on board.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

The Crew 07......

First, You're looking at rankings that hadn't been updated and then comparing them to rankings that were updated post trade.

Second, I don't put much stock in Mayo's prospect rankings at all, BA never had him in the Cards' top 10. I think we'll see better prospect rankings in the future from MLB/MiLB with Callis on board.

So you are saying Blazek has digressed or the so called experts over rated him? Maybe the other Card prospects were under rated?

He was number five in the Cards list, he went to eleven on the Brewers list. He is now number ten on the list. Are the new ratings accurate, in your opinion?

I went to Baseball America to find their list and it just looks out of date. It has Wily Peralta and Tyler Thornburg as our top two even though they are now major leaguers, not prospects. Taylor Jungmann was listed number three with Jimmy Nelson number five and Hellweg at six. I think most Brewer fans think Nelson and Hellweg is more ready and has better pitching qualities than Jungmann.

I am trying to under stand your logic, but it just is not making sense to me. Help me out.

Archived