Brewer Fanatic

2007 Vent Thread, Part 3

I remember the 2nd half performance of the last Brewers closer selected to the all star game.....

Want to know something spooky? Turnbow's implosion really started on July 1 of last year, when he gave up 3 ER's and didn't record an out against the Twins.

Here's hoping that it's just an inevitable bad day for CoCo, and not something similarly disastrous.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
And I couldn't even let out a loud, soul-cleansing curse when Ramirez hit the HR because my daughter was in the car with me.

Don't worry, I said enough for you.

And I had to ride in the car with a Cub fan, how badly do you think I wanted to sock him when the game ended? Thank God I didn't because he's my closest friend, but man. At least he kept his cocky remarks to himself, he saw how pissed I was.

1. I figured this would be on the first page close to the top of the page.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

2. Bruce Froemming can not retire soon enough, he was horrid today.

3. Score some freakin' insurance runs! Yes 5 runs is great but you know 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 is better.

4. Aramis Ramirez is my most hated Cub for the rest of the year (I reserve the right to have it be tied if another Cubs does something elsehttp://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif )

5. Cordero, throw a fastball please. Your slider is not working and when you leave a hanger right over the plate to a great hitter you're not going to get it back.

6. This vent is about Kevin Mench. I'm pissed that Kevin Mench was our best offensive player today and drove in 60% of our runs. Congrats on your first non intentional walk.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

7. DVR is a great thing. I was looking forward to watching this game many times because I love watching the Brewers beat the Cubs. This game was quickly erased.

That's all for now but I'm sure I'll think of more.

Quote:
I just don't see how anyone could be happy with 8 innings of failure. EIGHT STRAIGHT INNINGS OF FAILURE!!!!!!!
Most teams are shut out several times each season (a whole nine innings of failure!). It's not like it was 26 scoreless innings or something.

As someone who owns Fuentes and Cordero as their main two closers in fantasy this is most frustrating. I'm thinking of benching both of them and putting RP/SP guys in their slots for next weeks H2H matchup against the 2nd place team (I'm 1st).

as we were driving thru Utah and the Brewers were held scoreless in the top of the 2nd, I said to my wife, "This stinks of one of those games where we score big in the first and then shut down and rest on our laurels the rest of the game. You know, where we score a bunch of runs in the first and then none the rest of the game. Meanwhile, the opposition comes all the way back to tie and win the game."

Man, I hate being right.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Quote:
You know bugs me? People who constantly predict something bad is going to happen to the Brewers and when it finally does, pats themselves on the back like they are Nostradamus.

I just knew you were going to post that. I just knew that. My day is blown.

On the plus side of that picture I like to pretend that Soriano's right foot hits DeRosa right in the face.

Another thing. rluzinski's avatar, please get rid of it I'm begging you!

Quote:
You're only encouraging him...

Oh well in that case. I love your avatar rluz, never change it!http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Here's my vent, Mark Grace is really annoying.

since nobody vented today, I will, even though it has nothing to do with today's game.

The Doorman. I know many fans are enamored with him. He gets to be on tv all the time and has become a semi-celebrity as a result.

My vent is this: I and many others on this site are just as big of a Brewer fan as he is and the only reason that I don't get to be on tv all the time is because (1) I live in AZ; and (2) I'm not rich enough to buy season tickets right beside the dugout every year.

I know this is petty but it bugs me that many people glorify this guy. I could understand if he was some superfan in the cheap seats that shows undying devotion to the club (like the Drum guy or that nun in Cleveland among others on other teams) but this guy and his girlfriend/wife Stephanie (I know her name because she got to do the in-game trivia thing on the jumbotron on Tuesday when we were there) obviously have spectacular well-paying jobs (or inherited it/won the lottery) that pay them very well.

Maybe if I knew more about the guy and what he actually does for a living might change my opinion a bit (for all I know he does philanthropic work for needy children) but right now he bugs me alot and the "coolness" factor has begun to rub me the wrong way.

End of vent.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Quote:
I think I know who this is but can you be more specific?

There is one guy I see on tv often and i bet thats him.

The guy that sits behind the opponents dugout in the first row with the beard.

Archived