Brewer Fanatic

2007 Vent Thread, Part 3

I'll never forget a few years ago, Cubs/Phillies. Cubs clinging to a 1 run lead, Phils load bases top of 9th. Hawkins on the Mound. Phillies batter hits a line drive back to Hawkins which he catches, then tries to double off the runner on first. However, his throw HITS THE RUNNER'S HELMET and goes into the stands. 2 base error, Phillies win. Never forget the reactions to that one.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not down at all with booing Carlos Lee. He's got his many flaws, but I don't doubt that he enjoyed his time in Milwaukee. He took big money to play a game, something we would all do if we had the opportunity. It's not his fault the economics of the game stink.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

I hate booing at all times except the Cubs games where you have to boo to drown out the Cubs fans. The only other time I could agree with booing is if a player does something that is unsportsmanlike, such as starting a fight.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Who cares if people boo? It's a baseball game. They paid for their ticket and have every right to boo. It's not lewd, profane or disorderly. It's booing a guy you don't like. And I don't blame people for booing him. He's on the other team now.

I don't boo him because I have nothing against him and aren't interested in booing. But who cares what other people do? If anything it's jestful booing. I don't think there's real hatred there.

If it really bothers Carlos then he should have accepted our contract. But obviously 50 million dollars means something to him and I don't blame him.

He's totally not worth the money btw!

The first time the 'Stros were in town I wondered aloud why people were booing Carlos. A fan sitting next to me said it was because Lee refused to play for the Brewers. He simply couldn't understand that although we were offering $44M, he was pretty much garanteed (and did) to get way more. He was traded to our team, he didn't come up through our system. He only played 2 years here. And he's supposed to remain loyal and give up $50M? I only boo'd him when he hit a HR against us.

I don't like when fans boo an obvious correct call. If a catcher doesn't hold the glove up to frame the pitch and tosses it back to the pitcher it probably wasn't a strike. I see a lot of pitches 4-5 in outside where people boo that it wasn't a strike.

I also don't like fans that boo because an OF didn't dive for a ball 10 ft away from him, but will also boo if he makes a diving catch and misses it.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

The thing is that most people who boo Lee aren't doing it "just because he's an opponent." They're doing it because they think he somehow jilted the Brewers, and that thinking is just wacky.

Yeah, this is a complicated one. I mean, I think he eventually would have jilted the Brewers, had he not been traded to Texas. (Check that: I know he would have jilted the Brewers.) Then, in my mind, he would be boo-worthy. But I think the trade was sort of like the George Costanza preemptive break-up -- the Brewers broke up with him before he could break up with them. So I don't think he should be booed for that. Also, as has been mentioned earlier, he was a solid teammate and decent overall citizen during his tenure in Milwaukee.

I'm sick of close plays at second base because of the coveted home run pose. Not just with Billy but all of baseball. Every time A-Rod hits one, he glances at his dugout with his hands up as if to say, "Do you like me now? Please!" You're paid to hit the ball and you don't need to act like you've just saved the world cause you hit one out. It's now spreading to pitchers who have strikeout dances.

Annoying.

Quote:
I'm sick of close plays at second base because of the coveted home run pose. Not just with Billy but all of baseball.

You make a decent point. I gotta say, however, even though I hate the Red Sox there's nothing funnier than watching Manny stand in the batter's box for like 5 seconds waiting for his HR to leave the park.

After that great 24-10 start, the Brewers have gone 22-22 and worse yet, the Brewer fans are happy about it! If we accept mediocrity, then that's all we are going to get! Nothing short of a series sweep of the pathetic Cubs is going to convince me this team deserves to even be in the playoffs!

Put up or shut up, Brewers.

After that great 24-10 start, the Brewers have gone 22-22 and worse yet, the Brewer fans are happy about it! If we accept mediocrity, then that's all we are going to get! Nothing short of a series sweep of the pathetic Cubs is going to convince me this team deserves to even be in the playoffs!

You're being sarcastic, right?

I hope this game pisses these guys off and they come out tomorrow with a vengeance. Just think one maybe two more runs in 8 innings and this would be a win. We were just asking for something like this to happen

What?

They had the game won. It's not the offense's fault. They scored enough runs to have a comfortable lead in the 9th inning. Then they blew it. It happens, it's not indicitive of anything like they were "asking" for this too happen.

I'm sick of being embarassed by my home team!!! Right now there's a crowded mass of cockier-than-hell Cubs fans shouting like idiots on Clark street because they spotted us 5 runs and they still took care of business. Our little team from our little city got bent over and humiliated.

Score some freakin runs! Put a good team away! Step up to a real challenge!! We were given a gift in the first and absolutely squandered it. If it wasn't for Ben tomorrow, we'd be talking instant sweep right now. Even with Sheets, I expect to now lose all three.

I just hope that somewhere there's a Brewers fan punching a Cubs fan in the face right now.

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

Archived