Brewer Fanatic

2007 Vent Thread, Part 3

Quote:
Worst managed game of the season. Ughhhh

I agree. You hear that a good coach is worth 5 - 6 games per year. How many losses is a clueless moron worth?

@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jose Capellan is garbage. What ever happened to that guy who supposedly threw 97.

Find some team with a left hander who isn't completely awful and take Capellan for him. Not having a second lefty didn't help today, and may bite us tenfold down the stretch.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Although we'll never know if the "right decisions" would have made a difference in this game, I definitely think Yost did a horrible job of giving his team the best opporitunity to win today. Oh well, a loss is a loss and every team's gonna have them, I suppose.

Was at the game. Standing room only, stood the whole game in the sun, only to be Yost'd. @#%$ are you doin' not playing JJ, Prince, Estrada, and playing Mench. Way to handicap yourself Ned. The Royals are bad but not THAT bad. PH'ing Gabe Gross was awesome too, NOT. Then I get treated to alittle Capellan and Spurling, THE LOSING COMBINATION. Ughhhhhh... Is managing really that hard? Really Ned?

Not exactly a managerial clinic today, but no amount of managing is going to overcome lack of execution (a la the bullpen).

When I saw the JV lineup for today, I almost got the sense that Ned was thinking, "Ah, well, if we lose, we still took two out of three, and nobody is going to complain about that." I know you have to give guys days off, etc., and let the so-so guys in the bullpen get some work, but it's really too bad not to mop up a sweep against a pretty bad team.

Yep, all Ned's Fault.

--Hardy is hurting, but Ned should play him?

--Prince can't get a day off? Even so, he struck out twice, must be Ned's fault.

--Mench guns a guy out at the plate, plus hit a double in the ninth, Brewers don't bring him in. Ned's fault, sure thing.

--Weeks could not hit a beach ball, yep, Ned's fault.

--Bill Hall forgot how to hit today. Darn ned.

--Last I looked, Spurling is on the payroll, Ned's fault he was terrible.

We need Lew Pinella, yes, for sure, he brings us to the promised land.

Not to disagree with you, oh wise One, but Mench got the guy going for second.

That said, will vent at the bullpen (minus Wise). Ned can't make them throw strikes. About the only gripe I have is using Latin Cappy over Villy Ice.

Quote:
Not to disagree with you, oh wise One, but Mench got the guy going for second.
Actually he got a guy at home as well.

EDIT: I could see how that would get missed if you are like me and was in a blinding rage at that point. Or if the TV had been turned off like I wanted to.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Theres not a team in baseball with a worse set-up guy than T-Bow. Its Melvin that has an unfounded love affair with him, not Yost. Hopefully someday soon Melvin realizes that it might be a good idea to get the type of set-up guy the rest of the contenders have. You know, one of the guys with an ERA half of what Turnbows is. Like:

Linebrink

Shields

RSoriano

Burgos

Neshek

JRincon

Okajima

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

Villaneuva wasnt going to come into the came when the pitcher spot was due up in the bottom of the 11th. I think Ned wanted to pinch hit for the pitcher spot and then bring in CV for the 12th till we won the game.

I cannot stand Ned Yost but I think he made the right call going with Capellan and Spurling to get the bottom of the order out.

Now its up to Doug to get Capellan out of this city asap. Send he and Dave Bush home on KC plane for Grienke.

I like Bush but so would KC I believe.

Now its up to Doug to get Capellan out of this city asap. Send he and Dave Bush home on KC plane for Grienke.

That is funny to me. I would not like to see Bush go for Grienke. Letting Capellan go would make me feel better. He seems to not throw strikes, when he does its 88-90. Not too over powering. Although, I do not have a problem with the way Ned used the pen, or the lineup for that matter. Ugly games happen. I am just dissapointed by the loss in general because Hart brought hope back.

Theres not a team in baseball with a worse set-up guy than T-Bow.

His meltdowns frustrate me as well, and he didn't get the job done today -- period. However, in his defense, in his previous 8 IP, he had given up zero runs, one hit, and two 2 BB's.

I don't think he's horrible, but he suffers in comparison to CoCo and Villanueva.

I think that's a bit of an exaggeration.

All that chart shows is how many oppurtunities the Brewer set-up man gets. Which of those guys is worse than T-bow? I'll give you Baes for Bal, even though he only has 1 BS. Rauch has a higher ERA, but that happened when he had to close some games.

I don't think he's horrible, but he suffers in comparison to CoCo and Villanueva.

What he suffers in is when he's compared to other set-up men who have ERAs half of what his is.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

Archived