Brewer Fanatic

2007 Vent Thread, Part 3

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Astros are a very, very bad baseball team. Sucks that the Cubs get to beat up on them for a series right after the break while the Brewers have to play a team that is contending for the wildcard.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Quote:
The Cubs are still the Cubs....this won't continue

Okay I need to vent about this now.

I see this all the time. Yeah they sucked last year but the Brewers haven't? Whoopie one .500 season in the past 15 so it's obvious if the Cubs are the Cubs and will start to suck the Brewers will too because...they're the Brewers. Might as well hand the division to the Cardinals for the next 50 years now.

-----

Continued from:

viewtopic.php?p=165080#p165080

Original Lead:

viewtopic.php?f=63&t=382

I never said the Cubs suck and will always suck. They are obvious a good team, BUT we all know something will happen to them to make us all laugh, which will ruin their season. Trust me, the Cubs will not win the division and if they do, they will not advance farther than us in the playoffs.

They are obvious a good team, BUT we all know something will happen to them to make us all laugh, which will ruin their season. Trust me, the Cubs will not win the division and if they do, they will not advance farther than us in the playoffs.

I imagine that Yankee (or Twin) fans were posting similar things about the Bosox (or Chisox) a couple of years ago.

Quote:
they will not advance farther than us in the playoffs.

Whew now I don't have to worry. We made the playoffs for the first time in 25 years.

Celebrate good times, come on!

Brewmann you need to find something else to do. Even in the vent thread you are the people I hate to talk to. How do you know the brewer players are nervous? That is the craziest comment you can say. You have no idea what the players feel like and they are still in great position. Easiest schedule in the NL the second half with the cubs and while the cubs are hot, so were we at one time. And you were probably saying just the opposite back then. Some fans just live week to week and don't take the ups and downs very well.

I just making and observation and you don"t know anything about me. I have been a fan of this club since since the early70th's.

Remember this is a vent forum

please free not to talk to me it would not bother me one way or another

If Ned is going to pull Weeks like that, then why doesn't he just sit him altogether? He's basically just making Graffanino's job there more difficult - rather than already having a couple AB's tonight, he comes off the bench cold.

If they feel they can't trust Weeks to hit a flyball to the outfield or a medium-speed groundball, then maybe they should just send him down or DL him.

I'm not questioning the move of using Graffy there, I guess I'm just questioning the way the entire second base position is being handles right now. I believe that is the second time in roughly a week that Weeks has been pulled in that situation.

Our two backup infielders are batting about .240. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

Our starting second baseman is batting about .220. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/embarassed.gif

C'mon Rickie get something going.

If they feel they can't trust Weeks to hit a flyball to the outfield or a medium-speed groundball, then maybe they should just send him down or DL him.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I was happy that Graffy pinch-hit for him, but the significance sort of made me shake my head.

This might sound totally weird, and I don't necessarily believe it, but maybe using Rickie in this way (getting him some non-clutch MLB AB's and hoping that he eventually catches fire) is kind of a rational compromise between sending him down to AAA and playing him full bore? Not a perfect solution, by any stretch, but one that avoids the extremes?

Just waiting for "The Season is Over" thread to start. Not to mention the "Ben Sheets Being Injured Makes Us Better" thread.

First of all, I started the "Cappy to the DL makes us better thread" and for the record I do not feel the same about Sheets. There is a difference between a soft tossing lefty and a top 5 pitcher in the NL. Just thought I'd clear that up.

Archived