Brewer Fanatic

2007 Vent Thread, Part 3

He doesn't speak it during national television interviews, though, because he doesn't want to be misunderstood or mistranslated when the interview airs in Japan.

Interesting, given that he has said some things in Japanese that sounded terrible when translated into English--the Cleveland comments for instance, or that Wrigley smelled like "fresh garbage." (Actually, I liked that one)

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mike Wilbon on PTI.

1. He says he'd take Derrek Lee over Prince Fielder

2. Said the Brewers have basically been crap so therefore they will choke away the division.

What a Berman bag.

Thanks for the information, cc. I recall reading something like that in the past; it's nice to have some confirmation.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I know this is sort of delayed, but I was somewhat annoyed during the futures game when they said JJ had an average infield arm. They said Reyes had a great arm and cited how he made off balance throws a lot. So I guess having bad footwork means you have a good arm and if you get to balls and have time to set and throw you have an average arm.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I know this is sort of delayed, but I was somewhat annoyed during the futures game when they said JJ had an average infield arm. They said Reyes had a great arm and cited how he made off balance throws a lot. So I guess having bad footwork means you have a good arm and if you get to balls and have time to set and throw you have an average arm.

That kinda of annoyed me, too. When they showed highlights that supposedly show Reyes' "superior" arm compared to Hardy's "average" arm, they were making the same exact play and threw out the runner at first by almost exactly the same distance. Of course, it's important to remember who was comparing the two -- Steve Phillips, who won't hesitate for a second to remind everyone that he was the one who "discovered" and signed Reyes.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

How many games are we going to be behind the Cubs before the Brewers realize that Capuano should not be starting for the team. He is a batting practice pitcher. If he had been pitching to Prince at the HR derby, Prince would have won in a landslide.

Without a move or two being made and some common sense on the part of our management of our pitching staff, we won't even sniff the playoffs this year. In fact, our lead will be gone by next week (shortly after the break was my prediction as we trudged into the All-Star Game, and it looks like we aren't aiming to disappoint).

Pretty hard to win when 3/5 of your rotation completely sucks. I have absolutely no faith at this point that Cappy, Suppan, or Vargas are gping to turn things around. We need to put Yo and Villy in the rotation before the season slips away completely. We have come too far to let three scrub pitchers bring down the season when we have very good replacements being wasted in the bullpen.

Quote:
If Sheets loses tonight the season is effectively over.

No, it's actually not. Theres still 72 games left after todays game, and that's a lot of baseball to play.

Man, I'm really sick of posts in this thread that are all knee-jerk reactions and entirely premature.

Man, I'm really sick of posts in this thread that are all knee-jerk reactions and entirely premature

its the vent thread, you're going to find posts like this all throughout the thread. don't read it if you aren't going to like whats in it. When people aren't happy they need a place to vent. and thats what this thread is for.

Quote:
its the vent thread, you're going to find posts like this all throughout the thread. don't read it if you aren't going to like whats in it. When people aren't happy they need a place to vent. and thats what this thread is for.

While it's one thing to vent about a specific thing like the struggles of a player of the Brewers recent skid, its another to simply say the season is over if we lose one game. I should have been more clear that it's those type of comments that annoy me. All other vents I'm fine with.

I'm surprised that people are mentioning Cappy, Suppan and Vargas.

A few weeks ago it was Bush.

I'm guessing in another few weeks it'll be someone new.

All it'll take is one or two decent outings from any of those three and suddenly people will forget about this last stretch.

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

While it's one thing to vent about a specific thing like the struggles of a player of the Brewers recent skid, its another to simply say the season is over if we lose one game. I should have been more clear that it's those type of comments that annoy me. All other vents I'm fine with.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

People seem to be having a hard time understanding the purpose of the vent thread. So far as I understand it, you're letting off steam while the team is playing poorly. Maybe a secondary "nitpick Vents" thread should be opened for people to say "HEY WAITAMINUTE, YOU'RE ALL ACTING SO MAD ABOUT THE BREWERS!"

Archived