Brewer Fanatic

2007 Vent Thread, Part 3

Verified Member

PIRATES - PIRATES - PIRATES - PIRATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/mad.gif

That's all I got to say at this time.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I tend to agree with those that feel TGJ will not amount to much more than a 4th or 5th OFer. But, I do find a delicious bit of irony in the fact that some of the very same people that were saying the very same things about Bill Hall a couple of years ago (ironically also based on results thru the age of 24) are now fretting the fact that Hall may be getting replaced temporarily by Gwynn.

It's possible (though I admit not all that likely) that Gwynn could continue to improve his skills to a level of at least being an average to slightly above average major league CFer. That would probably require him to get on base at about a .380 to .400 clip because it doesn't look like he'll hit for any power.

But... he's shown steady progression, and at 24 he may not be done yet. I think its a bit early to write him off completely.

Having said all of that... I don't really want to see him in the lineup everyday batting 1st or 2nd. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

I hate watching Fielder inch off the base at 1st especially after he had that balk called on him a few weeks back.

I wish Braun would get a batting helmet that fits, unless it is some rookie hazing thing.

I am tired of Estrada not blocking balls in the dirt.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I am starting to think that Rickie Weak and his Sheffield wannabe batting style is flaming out in the majors. Its either that or he is still hurt, and if he is still hurt shame on him for not telling anyone.

I wish that some day that Jeff "Hammonds" Suppan pitches a decent major league game again.

Hey, man. He can show them how to win in October! That's probably the only way he can help them then, because I don't see him taking a turn in the rotation in the playoffs.

Proven Winners? suck.

Lost a(nother) first inning advantage.

Lost to a(nother) *bad* pitcher.

Lost a(nother) road trip.

Lost a(nother) game in the standings.

Lost the hitting streak.

Second baseman couldn't put wood on ball swinging a canoe paddle right now.

I could go on, but I won't. Posted a long time ago that even if the Brewers had a great homestand prior to this trip, this trip would still be an important measuring stick. Chances to win the division are still very good, but there are still a lot of things that need to be tightened up going into the second half.If Cappy doesn't show something good tomorrow I'm going to start to worry about the long term prospects for the season.

Suddenly the post-break homestand looks really important again, but this time the Crew won't be beating up on the dregs.

Anybody hear Yost's post game press conference? Basically says he doesn't care what the fans say, we played a great game but lost, Suppan pitched great blah, blah, blah.

Shut up and just once hold this team accountable for their piss poor play.

What frustrated me about tonight's game was that it easily could have been won if one of the following happened:

- Suppan didn't groove a pitch that Kearns hit for a gapper

- Tony Gwynn knew how to pick up a rolling baseball (the two times he bobbled balls on the ground tonight made me realize why they never made him an infielder) and kept Ronnie Belliard from going from first to third (!!)

- Anyone at all had been able to get on base for Braun or Fielder for *one* of their three combined solo HR's

- Ryan Langerhans didn't come out of absolutely nowhere to steal a gapper from Graffy that would have driven in a run.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I'll be another one to admit, I am really getting sick of Ned's happy-go-lucky attitude about everything. I don't expect him to scream at his players, but seriously, how are you going to address the problems if you always act like everything is just peachy?

If you played a "great game" against the Nationals and LOST, you're not a World Series caliber team. Period.

Never more than today has the Brewers supposed dependence on the long ball mattered this much. 4 solo home runs in a 5-4 loss? That's really tough to think about.

Also, Rickie Weeks. Watching him makes me sad...I hope it's just the wrist. He's one of my favorite players, and watching him lunge at the 0-2 and 1-2 pitches in the dirt is just devastating. A little part of me dies every time I think about him free falling towards the Mendoza Line.

Don't mean to pick, but why would anyones wrist make them lunge at 0-2, 1-2 pitches? He is lost at the plate right now, and needs to be replaced. His "name" shouldn't be enough to hold him in the lineup, he's yet to prove anything. I'm not saying a permanent replacement, but at least something for the time being 'til he gets his head on straight. He hardly looks like the collegiate batting champ that was drafted right now...

Quote:
Doug Melvin passing on a Gwynn for Otsuka trade just because Hall got hurt.

Where did you hear this? Also Otsuka was taken out of the game with some injury earlier this week (he's on my fantasy team) so I'm sure that didn't help his trade status.

I don't think that the wrist directly worsens Weeks' approach at the plate, but if it's a nagging little tweak that bugs him every time he swings, his AB's will naturally become less productive as he becomes more and more frustrated, hence, the hacking at balls in the dirt.

Archived