Brewer Fanatic

2007 Vent Thread, Part 3

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewers have hit the 14 game over spot and now are heading back in the other direction. This team seems to lose it comming near the Break and the Trade deadline . They better wake up both the bats and arms because they have to realize they are lucky to be in First.

I gave myself the "day off" from the Brewers. I didn't listen or follow on the computer per usual. I figured that would help the boys out. I come home and look and what do I see? My boys lose and I lose my boy! Without Hall, there is no president. Without the president, we have anarchy. ANARCHY!

Until Hall retakes the field, my avatar will remain black.

Quote:
I come to the vent thread with the numbers, not judgment!

Well the vent thread really isn't for numbers. Most know after they settle down and it's just a game, a series etc. but this is for after the game or series that wasn't played well when fans can get angry and it doesn't help us get over it when everybody comes in with numbers telling us how we're wrong.

but this is for after the game or series that wasn't played well when fans can get angry and it doesn't help us get over it when everybody comes in with numbers telling us how we're wrong.

It's not possible to be "wrong" in the vent thread. That's it's allure. I have been comforted by that fact on many occasions, myself.

Well can I make a non baseball related vent?

I just recently got Nickelodeon Games and Sports and they play a grand total of 4 shows on this station. Figure it out, Legends of the Hidden Temple, GUTS and Double Dare 2000. A little variety would be nice people!

Now let's see baseball vent, baseball vent. Oh yes The Bronx is Burning could quite possibly be the dumbest idea ever created by ESPN even dumber than Who's Now, Quite Frankly and ESPN Hollywood.

Quote:
The Bottom line is Doug has to sit Ned Down during the Break and Tell him he Needs to Move Vargas out of the Rotation.

I have a funny feeling it might be the other way around in Doug wanting to keep Vargas in the rotation for a reason that I hope comes true...

Either way I am really kind of nervous about having arguably our second best starting pitcher coming out of the bullpen, where he seemed to struggle in his first attempt at doing that task.

Please Doug, please let there be something in the works, and that being the reason that Vargas is still in the rotation.

good thing this is the easy part of the schedule and the Brewers will start to pull away again.

sorry, this was supposed to be in blue

Cant help when the Cubs win 10 of 11. They are hot and we are playing average on the road. Thats major league baseball, get used to it. There is about 75+ more games of it. We have a pretty marginal schedule for the rest of the year, dont expect pull way numbers the whole time.

They are hot and we are playing average on the road. Thats major league baseball, get used to it...dont expect pull way numbers the whole time.

What exactly is it that people don't understand about the vent thread? Posters are supposed to be able to come here to vent their frustrations (founded, unfounded, whatever) without having somebody telling them they're wrong to be frustrated.

This is supposed to be the one thread that is a sanctuary from all of the "I'm going to tell you what your expectations of baseball should be" crap. Knock it off.

hear hear, dougjones!

Well, said!

oh, and you're wrong. j/k!

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Thats major league baseball, get used to it.

holy crap how many times do I have to hear someone telling someone else how baseball works. Yeah, we get it, baseball has ups and downs, good teams lose to bad teams from time to time. I get it! doesn't mean I have to like it.

also, I said before that just because the Brewers are playing the Pirates again doesn't mean that all of a sudden they are going to roll them.

I'm getting really, really sick of the Brewers addiction to Tony Gwynn Jr.! Why doesn't he have to earn his MLB spot with good AAA play like everyone else?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

Until Hall retakes the field, my avatar will remain black.

...and I will wear all black in temporary mourning.

I can't believe the Brewers brought up Gwynn. I would rather have a one-healthy-legged Hall in the lineup than TGJ!

As much as I dont like Vargas, Suppan deserves as much if not more criticism than CV. Just look at these numbers since June 1: Suppan 5 innings 3 earned, 6 innings 3 earned, 5 innings 5 earned, 4.2 innings 9 earned, 6.1 earnings 4 earned, 5 innings 4 earned, 7 innings 4 earned. That means that he has had one quality start since June 1.

Vargas' numbers 6 innings 5 earned, 5 innings 4 earned, 5 innings 4 earned, 6 innings 2 earned, 5.1 innings 3 earned, and may 31 6 innings 2 earned. That means that Vargas has had 2 quality starts in this time frame. For the season Suppan is 8-7 with a 4.9 era 1.47 whip and in his 18 starts has pitched 112 innings. That is an average of 6 innings per start. Vargas on the other hand is 6-2 with a 4.52 era and 1.49 whip and pitched 83 innings with two relief appearances among his 83.2 innings pitched which means he is averging a little less than 6 innings per start. Bottom line is these stats tell you that Suppan and Vargas are very similar and both deserve equal criticism, in fact Suppan deserves more criticism since he is making over 10 mil a season for his mediocre work.

When he's starting every game and leading off, I might cry, however.

This is what happens in my house when Gwynn plays too much...

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1207/742000766_e2245a89e4.jpg

Archived