Brewer Fanatic

2007 Vent Thread, Part 4

saget
  • Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
yosted hard core today. having a hit and run with Jenkins up and prince running is just flat out stupid. Add that with the C lineup he put out there, and Suppan pitching there was no chance for a win today. Yost needs to go.

My 3 stages of grief, rather than 5:

Anger

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u146/yfinn6/anger2.jpg

Depression

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u146/yfinn6/depression.jpg

Acceptance

http://i167.photobucket.com/albums/u146/yfinn6/acceptance.jpg

I am tired of this team being stuck in neutral. I know we are in first and are well above .500, but I want to see some progress now. We always seem to hit a bump and fail to pull away. All these losses to bad teams on the road are getting so irritating.

Why do guys have to underachieve every year? Bill Hall hit 35 homeruns last season and has really not gotten hot for too long all year. Jeff Suppan also needs to figure it out fast. All his walks, high pitch counts, and hits are just killing us. He is getting lit up so regularly now.

Something stinks.

Wow jason, you're pretty generous. The only thing that keeps it from being an "F" lineup for me is Prince.

I am aren't I? It seems every time Yost sits someone he has say its becuase they aren't feeling well, or something is tweaked a little not because he just wanted to sit them. These guys are young, they shouldn't be tired, PLAY THEM!. Damn I hate Yost. I am a Yost hater.

We just do NOT want to win this thing easy.

Heck, I'm wondering if we really want to win this thing.

The tail end of '82 was like this, I remember... but at least we were winning games against the likes of the Twinkies and the Blue Jays.

An ERA over 5; three "quality" starts since May 1st (2 of which he did the minimum to qualify = 3 ER in 6 innings); $9 million a year.......at least he's a 2nd half pitcher! I can't believe we're stuck with this pillar of mediocrity for another 3 years. Perhaps he would've been great in the post-season, but unfortunately the Brewers will never know....not this season anyways. I'll admit I was encouraged (not excited) when the Brewers signed Suppan, but wouldn't Gil Meche, Ted Lilly or Jason Marquis look good in a Brewers uniform instead? (Did I actually just write that?) Ahhhhh, hindsight! Gotta love the lineup tonight too.....who would ever think that the Brewers might actually have to score 5+ runs when their worst starting pitcher takes the mound? Not Ned of course. Sitting 3 of your top 4 or 5 offensive players (Braun, Hardy, Hart) was a great decision. Final score, 7-3.

Everyone keeps saying that the Cubs aren't that good, that they can't keep winning etc......what if they are? I hope the Brewers don't give away too much talent before the deadline, because I believe it will all be in vein. The Cubs will be in 1st by the end of the week and will win the division, if for no other reason they can do something that the Brewers can't: win on the road.

I'm hoping for the best, but the writing is on the wall folks. I'm through denying it. To all my Cubs fans friends, you win, I admit it.....they're better....for this season at least.

Awesome freakin lineup tonight, Yost. I mean, I know we have a comfortable lead in the division and all, but I'd still like to play for the win. Moron.

A mere two game lead. Could be out of first before August 1st VERY EASILY. Way to squander the mammoth head start, fellas. 7-6 since the all-star break, with 10 of those games at home and the other three visiting a last place team. Yeah, bring on the playoffs, we're clearly ready. Pathetic.

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

you are so correct the cubs are still winning and the brewers better play much better on the road or else we be looking up at a new Division Leader. Give the Cubs Credit for Winning at this Pace and more important winning on the road.

I hate it when Ned wakes up in the morning and says to himself "You know what? I want to lose today." Good thing Ned wants to lose too, cause then we can monitor what the Cubs do every night and make this race a little tighter. I mean, who wants to run away with the division?

Let me get this...

Hall returns from the DL...we have a chance to have our "regular" lineup out on the field for the first time in the few weeks, except for Johnny "hustle is for suckers" Estrada.

However, Braun, Hardy and Hart, none of whom are on the DL, and are arguably our best offensive players behind the Prince, get a day off.

How convienient.

And, dirtyfranks confirms suspicion that he's a sCrUBs fan. Nothin' better to do tonight, huh?

EDIT: from the locked "Another stellar outing by Suppan" thread:

Quote:
I'm hoping for the best, but the writing is on the wall folks. I'm through denying it. To all my Cubs fans friends, you win, I admit it.....they're better....for this season at least.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Don't insult me...I was at game 5 of the 82 ALCS....were you? Ever been to World Series game with the Brewers playing in it? I have. And I wasn't rooting for the Cubs. Just because I'm not wearing my Brewer blinders and can admit the obvious (the Cubs are a better team right now) doesn't make me a Cubs fan.

That's funny. I thought the Brewers were in first place. Doesn't matter how you're playing right now. It only matters who played the best over an entire season. And that's still the Crew to this point.

I could vent about a lot of stuff with respect to the team tonight, but I guess I'd rather vent about somewhat misdirected vents.

GABP has been a house of frustration for the Brewers for a long time. Granted, there have been many more highs there than at PNC Park, but that park and team in Cinci just hasn't been a good matchup for the Crew.

A win tomorrow yields a split. Then find a way to split in St Louis and the roadtrip is a success. Win tomorrow and find a way to win 3 of 4 in St Louis and teh trip is an almost unqualified success, regardless of what the Cubs do.

And It doesn't matter how young the guys are: Everyone needs a day off every so often. Acting like every game is a must win only increases the pressure on the individuals on the team.

The simple fact is that tonight one Red got it done in one AB with the bases juiced. The Brewers had two such ABs and didn't get it done.

The simple reason we lost tonight is they had bases loaded and got a hit, we twice had big scoring chances and got outs. Not really sure why you are looking to blame the manager for that one and not the players. The difference between the Cubs and our team right now is they are getting hits every single time they get a runner on and we simply cannot buy a hit with a runner in scoring position in most cases.

Don't get me wrong, Yost is doing some pretty bad managing at times but the hit and run and the lineup aren't really why we lost this game. Hardy is probably the worst hitter on the team right now and Braun is going to need a day off eventually. The difference between winning and losing a close game like that is usually just a key hit or out somewhere and that was the case in this one. They got a 3 run double with the bases loaded, we got an out, game over.

I said it when they signed him and its more obvious every time he pitches that Suppan flat out sucks. Those people that are waiting for some second half magic like he exhibited last season will be very disappointed. This guy and his contract are an absolute albatross to this organization. His contract will prevent him from being dumped into the bullpen as the mop up guy and it will prevent us from resigning Cordero and possibly Sheets. Its funny how most people dont want to pay Cordero 10 mil a year but paying for mediocrity is the worst thing a small market team can do. As far as Yost is concerned the man is an absolute dope. Watching this season go down the drain is very depresssing.

Give Ned Yost credit.

Every time we get on him for doing something dumb, he finds a way to out-do himself.

"I mean...you thought that LINEUP was dumb. Hell, wait until I send Prince from first base on a 3-2 pitch to Jenkins. Ha! I did it again!!"

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Archived