Brewer Fanatic

2007 Vent Thread, Part 4

saget
I know this is just piling on at this point, but if you want to talk about lone all-star representatives I refer you to Estrada. He was the Braves lone representative in 2004.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After this years squad was announced I remember telling a few friends "Anyone else think we are going to look back at 2007 and say 'J.J.Hardy was an All-Star?' with both amazement and puzzlement"

Let's hope not. But he has done little to prove me wrong since.

I gotta say, this is the most disappointed I've been in a long time. Suppan sure doesn't seem to have a sense "pennant race" urgency, and this lineup couldn't be most HS teams. Any confidence that was built last night by winning a close game on the road has just been absolutely crushed by trotting this crap on the field. Melvin trading for Linebrink shows a "win now" attitude, but I don't buy it on the field for one second. This is the worst I've seen this year, BY FAR!

brewcrew00,

I couldn't agree with you more. This team has had two guys who were hitting and Yost sits one in the middle of a pennant race.

Why should anyone have faith that this guy is going to lead any team into a postseason?

You think the players on this team aren't thinking the same thing we are too?

I understand days off and such...but why not do this tomorrow on a day game? I didn't expect this tonight and it makes no sense to rest these many guys today and play tomorrow...they would have had more time to rest if they did this tomorrow.

Just to elaborate a little bit further....

Corey Hart said today on 1250 that no decision is made by just one coach. I know Ned ultimately signs the lineup card, but we can't forget so fast the dang near everything he does goes through the rest of his staff. Regardless of who's idea this lineup was, Dale, Ed, and Nick all agreed to this as well.

As I'm typing this Suppan is still making his bid to win the ESPY for "Bust of the season, any sport". I thought Ted Lilly was the shoe-in, but boy was I off. On a completely related note, I wouldn't be surprised if ESPN actually gave an award like that, they seem to for everything else.

Venting 'cause this is the vent thread.

If you win that "Day in the Big League" promo from Time Warner, you should get Suppan's salary for a week. He ain't earning it.

34mil for 4-6 runs and 5 innings?

Suppan is an albatross. Yes, Capuano and Bush have both had rough patches this season, but they've both righted themselves. More importantly, they've righted themselves because they have the talent to do so -- they can both strike some people out. I have no idea where Suppan's next good start is coming from, because I don't see what he does that is supposed to get major league hitters out.

What a great meritocracy baseball is. Suppan, who even in the offseason profiled as our third starter at best and just as likely our fourth, got a massive payday because his contract came up at the right time. Now that he's killing us, the team can't remove him from the rotation because he's making such big money. Where, in those intertwined thought processes, are we supposed to fit the idea that your best pitchers get to pitch and that if somebody isn't cutting it, and you have plausible alternatives, you give them a shot?

Greg.

What a great meritocracy baseball is. Suppan, who even in the offseason profiled as our third starter at best and just as likely our fourth, got a massive payday because his contract came up at the right time. Now that he's killing us, the team can't remove him from the rotation because he's making such big money. Where, in those intertwined thought processes, are we supposed to fit the idea that your best pitchers get to pitch and that if somebody isn't cutting it, and you have plausible alternatives, you give them a shot?

It's quite the conundrum,isn't it?

If Bush was stinking up the joint this long,he's be in the pen,but he doesn't make 10 million a year.I remember when we signed Suppan,having a mix of excitement over finally signing a legit free agent and fear we were going to regret it at some point.It's early in his contract,but what we are seeing from him now,is what i feared would happen in years 3-4 of the contract.It happening in year one and him looking so bad while doing it is even more disconcerning.

I might just boycott the Brewers for a day or two. Can't wait to go to work tomorrow and be reminded by a Cub fan that the lead is 2 games.

Every time the Brewers lose and the Cubs win I'm reminded, which is a lot lately.

Okay, now about the game.

What in the world happened to that great 8th inning? Sheesh. Someone remind me again why I'm a Brewers fan...

Yost giving days off to players are fine just don't give all your regulars off the same freaking day you idiot!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

There now I feel better.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

I've been optimistic all year,through all the various struggling points in the season.

I'm certainly not saying i think the Brewers are done,but for the first time,i'm getting very worried.We aren't playing good baseball on multiple fronts and the Cubs just won't stop winning.

Archived