Brewer Fanatic

2007 Vent Thread, Part 4

saget

Well i agree Johnny needs to be made an example Of and Benched for a few games, The Play was In Excuseable.

I guess seening For the last few Games putting out Spurling and Balfour makes you think Melvin Going to have get a veteran for the Pen.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are people so amped up about Bill Hall coming back? The guy wasn't hitting all that well before he got hurt...yeah, he was starting to come on, but overall he has been disappointing this season.

Because he was coming around and hes one of our better offensive players and right now were not scoring a whole lot of runs. Also this keeps us from playing Graffy in LF and having Mench against RHP and Jenks from LHP.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

[ I just have to say (as I fill up the vent thread) that this is probably the 2nd most pissed I've been after a game this year, the worst being the Ramirez walk off. ]

This is one of the only games I truly felt like venting.

Part of it is that the Brewers didn't have the courtesy to lose in 9 innings, extending my agony a few more innings.

Yeah, I don't normally "vent" very much, and I have a pretty thick skin, but this one made me pretty mad.

I'm pretty much over it already, but I just can't stand Estrada so it's still gnawing at me a little.

I usually don't visit this topic, but this was the worst loss of the season in my opinion. We are truly a pathetic road team at this point. We just find ways to lose on the road. Oh yeah, and Estrada is absolutely worthless.

I hope Estrada gets benched for a week after that display. My goodness, what on earth was he thinking? He single handedly cost us the game.

You can't have laziness on your roster, especially with the game tied in the 12th. Johnny must be brain dead or something.

He is officially my least favorite Brewer.

Co-sign on Estrada least favorite Brewer. Man does he tick me off. He simply can not wait for a pitch to drive. He must be leading the league is easy two-hopper ground outs. Most of our pitchers give us better at bats. Even when they strike out, they make the pitcher throw at least 3 pitches, which is 1-2 more pitches than Estrada usually sees. Not only would he get better pitches to hit if he took more pitches, he might walk more than once a month. Honestly, is Estrada the worst 5th hitter in the league. Should I be more ticked at Estrada or Yost?

Johnny Estrada= slowest man alive.

His lack of hustle or flat out laziness probably cost the Brewers this game and should not be tolerated. Yost or the players should make sure Johnny understands that what he did can never happen again. Losing because you were beaten by the opponent is one thing but losing because you don't run out a potential DP is not cool. A little leauger knows enough to run out a ball in that situation.

Is it me or does Johnny look like he's been hitting the post game spread in the clubhouse a lot harder than he's been hitting opposing pitching?

Estrada makes me sick... It bugs the hell out of me when he doesn't run out a ground ball when nobody is on and it's an obvious out, but what he did tonight was ***** unbelievable. I nearly lost it. I dreamed of having a catcher that could hit close to .300 and loved the trade over the offseason, but Estrada has now become my least favorite Brewer, easily. His lackadaisical play on offense and defense is a burden to the team and makes it impossible for me to cheer for him. I'd rather have a guy with half his talent who tried twice as hard. Estrada is a bum. I really hope management isn't considering extending him (which I believe was rumored earlier this season). Now I can see why he's been on four teams in his short career.

Ok, now its my turn to vent and kick the dead horse that is Estrada. I didn't get to watch the game because of work and its probably a damn good thing. I went back and watched to see if Estrada really did dog it as much as people were saying. I couldn't believe the lack of hustle on his part. I agree with everyone that he should be benched and probably lit up in the dugout by Yost. Yost still doesn't go un noticed by me. Him batting Estrada 5th is just moronic but some how he is the only one in america that thinks its a good idea.

after watching the replay of Balfour throwing the ball to 3rd on the Bunt, it looks like Estrada is pointing for him to throw the ball to 3rd. If he is pointing to 3rd i'm willing to bet he is also yelling for him to throw there. Estrada is not only a lazy baserunner, he is very lazy behind the plate. Rarely does he go down to block a ball, he always trys to short hop it, or comes up on it. He is really wearing out his welcome already here.

Why are people so amped up about Bill Hall coming back?

Estrada #5?

Hall #5?

Who would you rather have up with bases loaded and nobody out.

I haven't read any of the vents tonight. I had to walk away and take some me time after that game.. I watched "The Godfather" for the first time today and I'd like to make Johnny an offer he couldn't refuse.

I would say, "Johnny. When you hit the ball, I insist you run like you hit the ball. In fact, I insist you run when you hit the ball."

AAARRRGGHHH!!!!

During the Braves game yesterday they mentioned that Jeff Francour was second in the league at swinging at the first pitch at nearly 50% of his at bats. Any guess who number one was. Estrada at 52%, we all new he was an aggressive hitter when we got him, but his refusal to have a decent at bat and his complete lack of hustle has really bothered me all season and it all led to a loss tonight.

Quote:
Who would you rather have up with bases loaded and nobody out
Probably Bill Hall since he would strike out instead of hitting into a DP. The worst thing that Estrada could have done was hit into a DP. I guess I should be happy he didn't hurt himself on that play. It reminds me of watching Helms come to the plate and thinking to myself, "please anything but a DP."

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Archived