Brewer Fanatic

2007 Vent Thread, Part 4

saget

Balfour performed like crap, duh, but the real villain tonight was our PATHETIC offense. Starting pitching, great. First couple of relievers, also fine. You can only expect to hold down a team to 1 run for so long. Meanwhile, we thunder our way towards 1 measely run in 12 innings. Goes nicely with our shutout two days ago. SCORE SOME FREAKING RUNS. I'm sick of this crapfest of offensive unproduction. Bring on the playoffs, we're clearly ready.

And Yost still can't manage pitchers.

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Estrada needs to be benched and/or called out. What a lazy bum. Doesn't have the patience to take pitches, and he can't get his fat ass down the line if his life depended on it.

This is as steamed as I've been all year.

I'm sorry but if someone doesn't get in Johnny Estradas face and tell him what kind of race he is in then I don't know what to do.

I sure hope the whole team saw how bad he dogged that, cause someone needs to get in his face.

Balfour better be bye, bye tonight.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Estrada needs to get an earful from his teammates and coach. His play is unacceptable. We don't need lazy veterans like him.

Ballfour is just useless. Major league hitters aren't going to chase his junk.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

It's easy to look at things with hindsight, and say "I told you so", and I'm still not displeased with the DD for Estrada and Vargas trade......

but that being said, Estrada really isn't worth what his stats show. He refuses to take pitches, he's slower than Eddie Perez, he's awful on defense, and he can't throw out a base stealer to save a life. His .285 batting average is ridiculously hollow, and he hits for only marginal power.

A catcher who puts up a .675 OPS with average defense would be an upgrade over this guy.

It's easy to look at things with hindsight, and say "I told you so", and I'm still not displeased with the DD for Estrada and Vargas trade......

but that being said, Estrada really isn't worth what his stats show. He refuses to take pitches, he's slower than Eddie Perez, he's awful on defense, and he can't throw out a base stealer to save a life. His .285 batting average is ridiculously hollow, and he hits for only marginal power.

A catcher who puts up a .675 OPS with average defense would be an upgrade over this guy.

I agree, Estrada is not the offense force at catcher we thought we were getting in that trade. He is okay, but is he really that much better then an old Damian Miller? I dunno.

Edit: Im not saying Estrada is useless or to play Miller everyday. Im just saying he isnt some great offensive catcher. Also no matter what he should sit tomorrow for that poor effort running out that grounder.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Ripping Jenkins for getting HBP is reminiscent of Yankees fans hating on Boggs for drawing walks when he's supposed to be an "RBI guy". That was a great job of getting on base and extending the inning.

You're preaching to the choir, man. This was pretty much my mantra the entire offseason. I'm a "stats" guy, but Estrada is a guy that only looks good in a boxscore. When you watch him play, you realize he isn't very good.

I had no problem with Jenkins take that pitch. He got on base instead of grounding out or striking out.

Why are people so amped up about Bill Hall coming back? The guy wasn't hitting all that well before he got hurt...yeah, he was starting to come on, but overall he has been disappointing this season.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

RyDogg -

I wasn't referring to your post. There was someone that vented that his job is to hit RHP's, not bail out on an AB against one. He said he acknowledged that he's losing it or something along those lines.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Here's a statement, and then a question.

Generally speaking, I'm not one of those guys that needs to see the manager in the dugout yelling and screaming on camera to know that he's a guy who will get in a player's ear when they're not getting the job done......

but that being said, Ned clearly does not have a problem in the middle of a game (at bat even) going out to the mound and giving a pitcher an earful when he's picking at the corners, putting men on, and being generally ineffective. Why then, is it that we never see him going after a guy like Estrada (I'm assuming that if there's a dugout "incident", even one that's just a head-bobbing manager chewing out a player, that a camera will find it) when he totally dogs it down the line on a crucial play?

I'm not saying it matters, I'm not saying it will lead to more wins, I'm just curious why we never see it.

One run. Are you kidding me? This was just disgusting by our offense tonight.

Should be an interesting week for pitching substitutions. I bet Yost is careful because of the upcoming doubleheader.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Ripping Jenkins for getting HBP is reminiscent of Yankees fans hating on Boggs for drawing walks when he's supposed to be an "RBI guy". That was a great job of getting on base and extending the inning.

You're preaching to the choir, man. This was pretty much my mantra the entire offseason. I'm a "stats" guy, but Estrada is a guy that only looks good in a boxscore. When you watch him play, you realize he isn't very good.

I love this post bret, my thoughts to a T.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Archived