Brewer Fanatic

2007 Vent Thread, Part 4

saget
Quote:
You obviously overrated lincecum and Zito. We are no more likely to be swept this series than any other series we have played this season, Zito stinks and Lincecum is erratic.

Except for thos series in which they won the first game. And in which they looked capable of scoring in the second game.

I didn't say it was a done deal, or even probable I said there was a 'fair chance'. Through 5 today, those odds appear to be increasing. I don't like at all what appears to be a slow erosion of the offense, throughout the lineup, on both a team and individual level.

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And again, if Johnny Estrada had a high school kids arm instead of a 3rd graders, that would have been a DP ball. If I was managing against the Crew, and Estrada was behind the dish, I would run everyone that got on first base.

First consecutive losses at home since May 18-19 to the Twins. The team seems to be playing the same way they did in that series and the week or so that followed. Pitching giving up a lot of runs and the offense, though still capable of exploding on a given night, simply not consistent at all in terms of creating chances (much less converting them).

Just gotta hope for salvaging one tomorrow, and then not completely spitting the bit on the marathon roadie coming up.

Cinci weather doesn't look too bad in terms of humidity, but I have a feeling St Louis next weekend might be a drainer. I hate that park in Cinci for Brewer pitching anyway, and I fear that may be the once-a season series where 3 of the four games will just chew up the pen. I just don't like teh Brewers chances at much in a slugfest right now, and GABP has only been slightly less frustrating than PNC, though for different reasons..

Really hope I'm wrong about Cinci as it likely only gets tougher over the weekend with 4 games in 3 days.. Gotta hang on to the division lead here, because I don't really like the idea ofturning the page on teh month and having to come back to MP after a tough roadie to then take on the Mets and Phils.

What has happened to this offense? There isnt a guy in the lineup thats playing well other than Braun. I really hope that Fielder doesnt fade again down the stretch like he did last year. At least Hall will be back in a few days and we wont have to see Gwynn anymore.

wow how bad is our hitting right now. honestly this is pathetic, we cant score a hit, let alone a run. if we do score a run its off of a hr. this is just prooving we need another bat

Quote:
the Cubs just lost a home game to the Giants three days ago.

That series actually should have been a split, lest we forget the Cubs' rally on Monday.

What irks me is that two 43+ thousand crowds have had to watch this crap.

I can't emphasize how important tommorow's game is.

We've been swept once this season, but at least it was in San Diego. To be swept at HOME to one of the worst teams in baseball would be completely humiliating.

A 6-4 homestand isn't what we were looking for, but 5-5 simply isn't going to cut it. Guess what? If we're going to play like crap on the road again this year, we're going to have to dominate at home, especially against awful teams.

It's time for the team to put up. No "Sheets is out" or "Hall is on the DL excuses". There aren't any excuses anymore. This team is loaded with talent. The fans are starving. For them to fall short in 2007 is not going to be acceptable.

What irks me is that two 43+ thousand crowds have had to watch this crap.

Yeah, thankfully all they've wasted so far this weekend is my time.

All the same, I wsh they would've shown up for a national TV audience instead of getting punked.

Yeah, did the guys remember they were playing on FOX yesterday? I could've accepted a loss, but getting shut out on national TV was just embarrassing. Yes, I understand even the great teams sometimes fail to score, but the Brewers' offense has been pretty anemic since the All-Star break (if not before). It's time to either get some guys motivated to pick things up, or trade for a difference maker.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I realize Johnny Estrada is never going to be mistaken for "fast", but when you hit a solid one hopper to the first baseman with the bases loaded and nobody out, you can't jog to first base. Especially in the 11th inning, tie game.

Johnny dogs it on the baselines way too much for my tastes, and he seems to get a pass on it.

Where is the killer instinct?

Jenkins actually THREW himself in front of a fastball so he didn't have to face a RHP!

When your role is to hit RHP, you don't intentionally get hit to get to the guy behind you who struggles against RHP.

That to me, just screams that even Jenkins knows he has lost a step in his old age.

To be fair, Jenkins had 2 strikes on him, and did what he needed to do to keep the inning alive. You need to be able to rely on the guy hitting behind you. It's not Jenkins fault that Mench can't hit RHP, and it's not something he can afford to concern himself with.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

When you miss the playoffs by a game, this is the kind of game you look back at and say, "holy crap, we really laid a friggin' egg there".

Bases loaded, nobody out, and get no runs.

Then Ball-four walks the first 2 batters.

I'm sorry, but for as much as some people raved about Balfour, (leading some to say he could even be our closer next year) I sure haven't seen a thing out of him that suggests there's not a really good reason he's 29 and still struggling to get out of the minor leagues.

I'm sorry but if someone doesn't get in Johnny Estradas face and tell him what kind of race he is in then I don't know what to do.

Yeah, Balfour looks to be headed to Nashville (or elsewhere), but in my eyes the real blame in this game is on Johnny Estrada because what he did was something he could control.

Archived