Brewer Fanatic

2007 Vent Thread, Part 4

saget
  • Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty shocking that an 0-10 pitcher threw his best game of the season against the Brewers. And by shocking, I obviously mean totally predictable.

In the span of a month, the Brewers have now given up 6 games of their division lead. Their performance on the road is sickening.

Two of our best players are guys that got called up during the middle of the season. Teams can't win a lot of ballgames with two rookies doing all of the heavy lifting. Most of the veterans have been a joke. Guys like Jenkins and Suppan need to step up real soon and start earning their paychecks, or the Brewers are going to have a real tough time getting into the playoffs.

If there has ever been a time where needing another BIG bat was more obvious then right now, I don't know when it has ever been. No bat, no playoffs, it's as simple as that. I hope DM sees that as easily as I/we do.

This team is so maddening to watch play on the road. I just don't get it. Baseball is baseball, you throw the ball, you hit the ball, you catch you the ball. Losing on the road is understandable in football and even in college basketball, but it is NOT understandable or excuseable in baseball.

Ned Yost challenges Albert Pujols

no kidding..I just dont get what he was doing there. this team just finds different ways to lose on the road. There has to be a reason behind it. of course i'm going to say its all on Ned.

Life is one crushing defeat after another until you just wish Flanders (or the Cubs) were dead.

Today was a rough day and one I'd prefer to forget...it seemed like the entire second game was played in a state of shock that carried over from the first game. Yo goes tomorrow, and I have a good feeling about it...a split for the series would be nice, but at least one win today would've been better.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Time to face the music....the Brewers are pretenders. Prince looks tired, Braun has been unbelievable at the plate but equally bad in the field (of late anyways, 2 unearned runs in game 1 the difference?), and Weeks is just worthless. They don't have the maturity to win on the road yet, something the Cubs are obviously very good at. The starting pitching has actually been pretty decent for the most part (Suppan excluded) but their overrated bullpen is melting down at the wrong time so you hardly even notice. And of course then there's Ned. It's amazing how game in game out he consistently makes bad decisions. Pitching to Albert Pujols? Why? Because he was 1 for 5 in his career vs Wise prior to that? Yost is just clueless, it's painfully obvious.

Here's hoping the kid can stop the bleeding tomorrow (assuming the offense can muster more than two runs for him vs the dominant Kip Wells).

The real question is Who's Now. Who generates the most buzz both on the field and off the field.

Are you kidding me. This stuff is getting ridiculous, borderline enough to stop watching ESPN.

I don't care about Tom Brady's "baby mama drama." I don't even know if that makes sense.

I don't even think the judges (who happen to be a smattering of actors, actresses, sideline reporters and reporters who think their opinions matter) realize that the crap they are talking about is entirely pointless, which is the most aggrevating part about it.

And I'm tired of the last thing I hear before going to work in the morning being that Big Things Poppin' song or whatever they play after the five minutes of mindless junk they just ran.

Quote:
The real question is Who's Now. Who generates the most buzz both on the field and off the field.

Are you kidding me. This stuff is getting ridiculous, borderline enough to stop watching ESPN.

I watch about 1 minute of sportscenter a month. This month happened to be when they had this segment on. I almost threw up my breakfast. I think I'm going to have to cut back to 30 seconds a month.

If you take out Cordero's blowups this team is about average on the road, so its really on his head more than the whole teams. The hitting is completely normal on the road, all teams see a slight dip and ours isn't any bigger than most. The pitching is much worse on the road but a large part of that is Cordero's numbers. I really hope Yost goes with Linebrink as the road closer though I know it won't happen.

I'm taking the day off.

I'll do you one better Bruce -- I am going to take the family to the Simpsons movie. -- and then I am going to go to Wal-mart and buy lots of pie (not cake).

It's up to you guys to pull the Crew through -- I will know how things go by the Vent Thread post# and location

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Archived