Brewer Fanatic

2007 Vent Thread, Part 4

saget
  • Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cordero deserves the heat right now for sure, but he isn't alone today.

How about Braun dropping a very easy chance, which lead to two runs, Villanueva with a WP, putting a runner into scoring position, leading to a run, and the whole lineup for, again thinking a big, early lead means a W.

It's not just on offense for me Brett. Prince was doubled up on a play he should have beaten, he clearly pulled up rather than running through the bag. On Miles' triple, I thought Hart took too long getting over there, and Graffy's relay throw was just laughable.

People talk about how the players might panic if they feed off the crowd, I see just the opposite. I think a lot of the guys are too relaxed right now.

I honestly think the Brewers are trying to get me kicked off this site. I'm doing my best not to swear but honestly I'm one man what more can I do.

Does Yoga work? Eh nevermind I'm not flexible enough for that.

It's absolutely infuriating after a loss like this to hear people calling in to TMJ this afternoon complaining that Ned "always pulls his starting pitchers too early", when those were likely the same people that were complaining about Ned leaving Bush/Cappy/Vargas/whomever in TOO LONG not 1 month ago.

Quote:
I can"t believe people are Blamming Braun for this Loss

It's not as bad as the guy who called into the postgame show on WSSP and blamed the loss on Turnbow. That guy was a tool.

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/roll.gif

I've noticed something with Cordero in nearly every blown save,he gets hurt on the slider and he refuses to use his fastball more even though he has no command of the slider.

The thing that baffles me is he throws 95,not 90.I've never seen a closer that throws as hard as he does,seem so afraid of using his fastball when he has 2 strikes on a hitter.He'll get ahead with the fastball and the batter not get any good swings on it,then it's 90 percent sliders after that even if he's obviously not commanding them.

I was yelling at the TV to both Pujols and Rolen,please throw the fastball and each time he got burned hanging sliders.Cordero must have thrown 10 sliders that inning and maybe one was a quality pitch,yet he kept pumping them in there and instead of using the fastball that was the pitch he was getting strikes on.

Happens nearly every blown save.The guy throws 94-97 and pitches in fear of using it quite often.

Another loss where we seemingly had the game in hand, then gave it away.

And yet somehow, we're a team with a reputation for never being out of a game until the final out, battling til the end, etc. etc. That really couldn't be farther from the truth. We are horrible at coming back late no matter what the score is.

I'm not saying the guys don't try, but if we're down 2 runs with an inning or two to play, you can pretty much stick a fork in us. Much to the contrary, it's our leads that are never safe late. Having supposedly one of the "best" closers, and a great setup man, you wouldn't think that'd be the case,

Seriously, I've addressed this before, but do you know how awful the Brewers have been when trailing after 7 and 8 innings this year? I think we have 1 win this year when trailing after 8, and 2 or 3 when trailing after 7.

Just off the top of my head, I can think of plenty for the opposition, today, the Cubs game in Arams walkoff, the other day against the Reds, the Rangers game, the day when the Braves came back to destroy our pen in the 8th, and that's just off the top of my head.

Not going to make the playoffs like that. This team continues to find a way to lose every close game on the road. Sure, getting a 12-2 win on the road is exciting, but you completely squash that if you go ahead and let a team come back and beat you by 1 the next day. 10 run win, 1 run win, it's all worth the same.

Oh,and don't bring Cordero back. It's easy to get the misconception that he's been one of the best this year because of how amazing he started, but he really hasn't been. He's downright awful on the road. He's been pretty bad ever since the Rangers game. He's a very average closer right now having blown 5 of 37. And now his ERA is up around 3.50. He's not an elite closer, regardless of what Yost says.

He's not worth the large price tag that it would take to bring him back. Just let him go to FA and let someone else deal with the hassles next year.

Barring what would be a miracle given their late-inning track record this season, the Brewers will fall to even with the Cubs in the loss column for the first time since April 9th on a day in which they blow a 6-run lead, Francisco Cordero loses his second straight game, the Cubs beat 10-2 Aaron Harang and the Brewers lose to 0-10 Anthony Reyes, managing only two hits off a guy having one of the worst seasons in MLB.

Everything else is just details.

It's absolutely infuriating after a loss like this to hear people calling in to TMJ this afternoon complaining that Ned "always pulls his starting pitchers too early", when those were likely the same people that were complaining about Ned leaving Bush/Cappy/Vargas/whomever in TOO LONG not 1 month ago.

Peavey, you're absolutely right. It's one thing to get irritated and be upset over the way they're playing (trust me, I'm really honked off). But when people call in and sound off like that, it makes all Brewers fans sound dumb.

Although this evening, they can probably legitimately complain about pitching to Pujols.

Archived