Brewer Fanatic

2007 Vent Thread, Part 4

saget
Quote:
I was 2nd at state.

Pfft big deal. I made it to Nationals. BTW we lost 2 of 3 to them and I still haven't gotten over that so that's my vent right now.http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I mean, when will people learn that things aren't as good as when they're going their best, and not as bad as it is when it's going it's worst?

You know Brian that is very true. And I wish I could remember that when they are up and when they are down. I always forget how true that is until someone brings it up. Thank you. It actually makes me feel a little better.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Quote:
Umm no this is the vent thread. If you want the negativity to be toned down in here you're reading the wrong thread. This is where we are supposed to come in and vent our frustrations without people coming in and showing stats on how we're wrong or how we're getting too emotional

I'm not talking about just in this thread, I"m venting about how this is going on in every single thread on the site, especially the game threads.

Quote:
I agree look at the trends this team is barley able to play over 500 ball if you take away their Great start. They say the cubs can"t continue but They do continue to win and also win on the Road. This team i believe has played over their heads

See my post in the silver lining thread, its completely normal for a .550 team to play up to 2/3rds of their season at a .500 pace. Even a .600 team can play up to half of its season at a .500 pace. Being a good team is generally playing .500 most of the season and having one or two hot streaks.

Ennder wrote:

but I'm not posting like a giddy schoolgirl after every loss talking about how few games the cubs are behind us. Those kinds of posts just bring the whole forum down.

I'm sitting back, enjoying the ride and hoping that we can squeek out a playoff series

Most people bring a little more emotion into watching a sports team. I wish I could just sit back and enjoy the ride, but I'm not a robot. When the Brewers have a tough loss, I get mad. So do others. That's why there is a vent thread. If it bugs you, don't read it.

As for "...posting like a giddy schoolgirl after every loss...", that's uncalled for. That's a cheapshot at many Brewer fans that care for the team just as much as you do. Maybe we're just not as mature as you are.

(Note: "Maybe we're just not as mature as you are" crosses the condescension line,. --1992)

Quote:
Most people bring a little more emotion into watching a sports team. I wish I could just sit back and enjoy the ride, but I'm not a robot. When the Brewers have a tough loss, I get mad. So do others. That's why there is a vent thread. If it bugs you, don't read it.

Again I'm not talking about this thread, the game thread tonight was about the most negative thing I've ever seen. Consider this my vent which means it should be in here.

I get emotional when I watch the games too but you know its not the end of the world if we miss the playoffs and typing things like this game is over when we are down by 1 in the 4th inning is more than just being emotional, its being defeatist.

To me, venting is things like:

ARGHHHGHTJWT@%@@@@@!!@!@@!$%$@!@U *U%*@U%*@*@*%@@@@!!!!!!!!

That's just how I vent. To each their own.

The problem is the fact that some people will use the venting thread as a venue to state opinions that are debatable. And there are going to be people that debate them. People don't get a "free pass" on things that promote discussion just because it's in the venting thread.

However, things like:

THIS TEAM MAKES MY BRAIN HURT. I WANT TO KICK PUPPIES.

are things that we wouldn't necessarily allow you to say in a normal discussion thread, but are perfectly acceptable here.

So, post at your own risk.... unless the anti-puppy-kicking crowd is reading, then I'm not really serious. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

but you know its not the end of the world if we miss the playoffs

No, but it really kills the heart to suffer 15 years of sucking, 25 years of no playoffs, and 50 years of no championship to jump out to a huge start in a really bad division and find yourself only up 1.5 games with two months left to give it away. God may be finding new ways to make us suffer and to punish us for laughing at the sCrubs.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

lets look at the Other Road records of the Division Leaders

27 -21 Boston

34-19 Det

26-26 LA Angles

29-23 Mets

27-22 La Dodgers

then you have the Brewers this team will not stay in First if they can"t at the very Least Play 500 Baseball on the Road

Or it could be his way of making Cubs fans suffer as they take the divisional lead just to drop it on the last day of the season~.

I think the Cubs and Brewers are pretty even ball teams so its just going to come down to which team gets hot at the end of the year, I hope its us. Regardless I'd rather have our roster going into the next 5 years than theirs so I'm good with it.

Oh yeah to fit a rant in here, we lost 2 games to clutch hits by Keppinger, blech.

It's pretty obvious that the Reds are just a better team.

And I'd really like to attack this idea (though not the person(s)) that things are never as good or as bad as they appear to be. Not true at all. In baseball, if you're not in first then they are as bad as they appear to be--period. First place is why everyone plays. There is no motivation greater or more important. The Brewers are in first place, but will soon vacate that position. That they had a significant lead makes it even badder than it appears to be even among pessimists. So the current situation is by definition bad right now. The fact is, it would be easier to be the Pirates right now than the Brewers. False hope and false talent is much worse than being flat out bad.

Between the two losses, the puzzling trade, and the now-diminished lead, this has been one of the most aggravating 24 hour periods I've experienced as a Brewers' fan.

I was so numb to it for so many years.

I agree pretty much

For years i've become numb to the Brewers losing,by this point in the season i usually am barely caring if they won or lost.Plus,i had something very bad happen in my life that for the most part changed my perspective about sports teams i follow.

Lately i find myself swearing at the TV again quite a bit and being very pissed after bad losses.For awhile,i was just enjoying being in a pennant race and didn't understand why so many were getting all bent out of shape over a bad stretch.For whatever reason,the last few days have really raised my level of being irritated with the team.

Well, of course every poster on here won't die if they don't make the playoffs, but does that really matter? This site is for Brewer fans, and if they end up blowing the division, it's the end of the world as far as sports go.

Archived