Brewer Fanatic

2007 Vent Thread, Part 4

saget
  • Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 game after tonight. Cubs tie and take the lead this weekend. This is why Chicago will make the playoffs and we won't. They beat the teams they're suppose to beat whether or not it's on the road.

Sometimes being a Brewers fan sure is hard. I mean you just dont expect your first place team to lose 3 of 4 to the last place team. On the road or not. Someone needs to speak up in that locker room and let these guys know there are in a playoff race here. This aint like the last few years where we are well out by now. These games count, every one.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I am venting because I'm so disappointed I can't even put together a good vent.

When our pitching shows up, our offense is missing. When the offense shows up, the pitching falters. We can't get any breaks to go our way, the Cubs have completely forgotten how to lose, and there are no guarantees the trends will reverse themselves.

We still have a long way to go, but after our start if we are sitting home in early October I will be greatly disappointed. Even so, we need to play better on the road down the stretch or we won't see the championship series anyway.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I don't see what's so bad about someone having the opinion that the Brewers season is over. There are some undeniable trends staring us in the face right now. A logical person could have every right to believe that the trends will continue and we'll likely be a bit out of it by season's end. Especially if that logical person is a bit on the pessimistic side.

I mean, June 25 - 27 was the last time we looked good in a series, and that was against Hou in Milwaukee. Since then, we've botched every road series, including series against Pit, Was, and Cin; found a way to screw up a home series against SF; and barely squeaked out home series wins against Col and Ari. Meanwhile, another team in our division is virtually tied with us, more experienced, and playing better baseball. Not very much to draw confidence from.

It's obviously too early to know what Aug and Sept will bring for sure, but I wouldn't fault someone for evaluating and analyzing the state of things right now and concluding that 2007 is all but over for the Brewers. Not saying I agree with them. Not saying I don't either.

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

This team is too much like last years team. A collapse waiting to happen. We couldnt get clutch hits last year and we cant this year either. Even Braun hits into a double play with the bases loaded. This team was wretched on the road last season and its the same this year. How can a team play so well at home most of the time and be so bad on the road. The home/road splits are just ridiculous. Not only do I see this team falling out of contention completely I expect this team to finish below 500. This team is just so depressing to watch.

Quote:
I don't see what's so bad about someone having the opinion that the Brewers season is over.

Could it be because we're still in first place and have 60 games left to play?

Wasn't the season already over when we got no-hit in Detroit anyway?

Quote:
I don't see what's so bad about someone having the opinion that the Brewers season is over.

Because the season doesn't end until September 30th, there are still 60 games left.

It is so wierd it seems like we always used to be excited if we were a game and a half up on the last team in the division, now we are mad because they are a game and a half up in the lead of the division.

[ I don't see what's so bad about someone having the opinion that the Brewers season is over. There are some undeniable trends staring us in the face right now. A logical person could have every right to believe that the trends will continue and we'll likely be a bit out of it by season's end. Especially if that logical person is a bit on the pessimistic side. ]

People said the same thing when the Brewers had their last bad stretch. People said the same thing after the no-hitter.

I mean, when will people learn that things aren't as good as when they're going their best, and not as bad as it is when it's going it's worst?

Posters can have whatever opinion they want, I'd just ask that they tone down the negativity a bit. When the Brewers gain a game on the Cubs there is barely any attention drawn to it but every time the Brewers lose you have people coming out of the woodwork talking about how the team is doomed.

You know what, I don't expect the Brewers to win the division, I think the young guys need time to grow before it happens, but I'm not posting like a giddy schoolgirl after every loss talking about how few games the cubs are behind us. Those kinds of posts just bring the whole forum down.

I'm sitting back, enjoying the ride and hoping that we can squeek out a playoff series, the team is talented enough to get there for sure if things bounce our way, I just don't take it as a given that they will or won't.

Could it be that we're still in first place and have 60 games left to play?

That is certainly one way to look at it.

However I think the point Valpo is trying to make, is that the way things are currently trending, and the Brewers track record, it is not unreasonable at all to conclude that the Brewers are in trouble.

Now I think had the Brewers and the Cubs won games at their current clip all season, people would now probably be on a more even keel. I think though with the peaks and valleys that both teams have had this year, some people are thinking more in trends of peaks and valleys and not in a more even distribution of wins and losses, which can be very disheartening.

Quote:
I'd just ask that they tone down the negativity a bit.

Umm no this is the vent thread. If you want the negativity to be toned down in here you're reading the wrong thread. This is where we are supposed to come in and vent our frustrations without people coming in and showing stats on how we're wrong or how we're getting too emotional.

My suggestion is if you don't like it, stop reading it.

Guys consider yourselves lucky. I live in amongst the Cub fans in suburban Chicago. I can't turn on the radio or local news without being bombarded about the fantastic Cubs.

It seems every time I hear Yost or Melvin, its "What me worry"? I stopped reading Mad Magazine in the Johnson adminstration.

This team is fundamentally flawed. Yes they have some great young power hitters, but the beauty of baseball is being able to deliver key hits with runners on base on a consistent basis. They just don't do it in opponents ballparks.

The approach taken on the road has to change. Whether it's the pregame routine or whatever, something or somebody has to change. They say Prince is our leader. Then why is he sitting in a game they desperately need?

I mean, when will people learn that things aren't as good as when they're going their best, and not as bad as it is when it's going it's worst?

I think at the end of the day -- some people are hardwired to be optimistic and some are set up to be pessimistic. I don't think it should be expected that tigers are going to change their stripes.

[ Posters can have whatever opinion they want, I'd just ask that they tone down the negativity a bit. ]

I guess what bothers me most is that people with the extremely negative point of view (and some of those with the extremely positive point of view) tend to be pretty vicious in their arguments against each other. I really don't need that here at a site that prides itself in having a more mature discussion. There are other sites out there where people can flame each other... but I'd really like to head it off at the pass instead of letting things devolve into pissing matches.

And what really has caught my attention recently are newer posters who have joined up with what seems to be the sole intention to vent.

[ I think at the end of the day -- some people are hardwired to be optimistic and some are set up to be pessimistic. I don't think it should be expected that tigers are going to change their stripes. ]

I'm not saying people should change their stripes. I'm asking for the people who's stripes are going to cause them to break the sites rules and guidelines to think twice before hitting the submit button.

The primary reason this site has been so successful is because, for the most part, there's a certain respect level between posters. I feel that is slipping away.

I agree look at the trends this team is barley able to play over 500 ball if you take away their Great start. They say the cubs can"t continue but They do continue to win and also win on the Road. This team i believe has played over their heads

for the most part and you can see signs of a collaspe especially with STl comming up and Then The Mets.

I am not saying it over but if i was a betting man i would not lay maoney on the crew making the playoffs.

How can anyone possibly be optimistic at this point. The way this team is playing on the road is ridiculously bad. We cant even beat teams like Washington, Pittsburgh, and Cincinnatti when we are away from Miller Park. Just doesnt make any sense. We cant count on going 8-2 on every 10 game homestand and going 3-7 on 10 game road trips. Pitiful.

Archived