Brewer Fanatic

2007 Vent Thread, Part 7

3. If the Crew does not make the playoffs, this will easily go down as one of the top 10 collapses in baseball history.

Not even close in my opinion, unless we play like .300 ball the rest of the year. The playoffs have nothing to do with being a big collapse, plenty of teams have had leads as big as ours that late in the season and not made the playoffs.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can see it in Yost's face. He knows he's done.

Brewers played hard in this series. That's not good enough, however. Two more late inning blown pitching performances.

2.5 games made up with how this team is playing is more like 5 games.

I cannot wait to hear Yost's garbage excuse for this. Probably something to do with his 2 hits early in the game, which *gasp* happened to come against lefties, who he can actually hit. Not righties.

Jenkins....not used..Dempster up...I am stunned. Just stunned. Unreal.

I guess we were probably saving Jenkins for the 16th inning. Don't want to eat up that bench.

Let's review what our idiot manager did tonight. . .

1) He let's Mench start ahead of Dillon. That's stupid. Dillon is a much better hitter.

2) Twice he doesn't pinch hit for Mench against a righty. It's ridiculous.

3) He bunts with Hardy even though this team stinks at situational hitting and can't be counted on to execute. Why waste an out?

4) He lets Capuano stay in too long instead of letting him leave with some success and confidence.

5) He sits on his butt while Corey Hart gets called out on a HORRIBLE pitch that was two feet outside. How about arguing and showing you care?

And no, this is not hindsight. I was screaming at my TV all night.

This manager just really needs to go away for good

How can you let a guy who's had 2 AB's in 6 weeks BUNT when you know you're replacing him?

If nothing else, PH Yo, or Bush.

Honestly. That may have been the dumbest thing I've seen.

Not to mention PHing for Billy, and not for Mench.

Cripes. Yes, lets take out the better defensive player who hits righties better, and not the terrible defensive player who can't hit righties at all.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

I'm not one to vent often, but I can't fathom letting Mench bat against a rightie in that situation. I can't really say what I think about that decision without violating forum rules. It's enough to think that firing Yost on the spot might be the right choice.

And I'm really sick and tired of Mench. Denpster struggled with his control all inning and yet Mench grounds out weakly on the first pitch he sees. Way to show plate discipline. That walkless streak of his was a joke and that was one of the poorest ABs I've ever seen. He's one Brewer I'll be happy to see leave at the end of the season. I think he's going to be in for a rude awakening due to the lack of offers he's going to receive.

Robert

How can you let a guy who's had 2 AB's in 6 weeks BUNT when you know you're replacing him?

Cripes. Yes, lets take out the better defensive player who hits righties better, and not the terrible defensive player who can't hit righties at all.

On WGN, they mentioned Parra left due to a sore thumb. It is possible he hurt his thumb when he popped up that bunt.

My other vent is that Ned's move (or lack thereof) was so blatantly silly that even the last of the Ned supporters are coming out against him. NED, you ALWAYS play the L/R R/L matchups, yet you refuse to here?

I was watching at a bar so I had no audio, didn't know. I thought they showed Cappy warming up before Parra even bunted, but maybe I'm crazy.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

On WGN, they mentioned Parra left due to a sore thumb. It is possible he hurt his thumb when he popped up that bunt.

Yeah--I'm not one to derail a vent but the pitch hit his thumb and The Nedster said it was pretty torn up.

My vent:

I still care.

2 vents for me.

1. Why the hell do you let Mench bat there? He's horrible against right handed pitchers. I actually said during Hart's AB when they showed Mench in the on deck circle that they might as well just walk Hart and get to Mench because he'll just swing at the first pitch and either ground out or pop up.

2. Why the hell does WSSP still have Packers postgame crap on? I don't care, I want to listen to the Brewers postgame show especially since WTMJ has the Packers postgame crap on now too.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/jami3406/hartscrewed.jpg

http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/mad.gif

Thanks to you I have a new avatar.

That is ridiculous. I was going to keep sad Cappy until he won another game, but that icon was getting too depressing and, well, who knows when Cappy will win again, LOL.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Every time I think of Ned sending Mench up there to bat in the 9th I laugh, but I think that is only because if I don't laugh I might throw my bobbleheads through the TV http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif, lol.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Let's review what our idiot manager did tonight. . .

1) He let's Mench start ahead of Dillon. That's stupid. Dillon is a much better hitter.

2) Twice he doesn't pinch hit for Mench against a righty. It's ridiculous.

3) He bunts with Hardy even though this team stinks at situational hitting and can't be counted on to execute. Why waste an out?

4) He lets Capuano stay in too long instead of letting him leave with some success and confidence.

5) He sits on his butt while Corey Hart gets called out on a HORRIBLE pitch that was two feet outside. How about arguing and showing you care?

And no, this is not hindsight. I was screaming at my TV all night.

This manager just really needs to go away for good

thats what got me mad...i was wondering where he was

Archived