Brewer Fanatic

2007 Vent Thread, Part 7

At this rate, we will be lucky to get to 75 wins this year. On a post earlier in the year, someone mentioned that in the Nationals first year in Washington they started 51-32 and ended up 81-81. We're going to be worse than that. And that my friends, is awful baseball.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mench seems like a strange choice for the poster boy of the Brewers collapse. Oh well.
Well he does tend to disappear for weeks at a time, kind of like our offense and pitching prowess. ... I wish I could put that in blue. http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/ohwell.gif
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Ummmmm, let's see Brewers255 just had a little tizzy fit in the VENT THREAD. It almost seemed like from the post I just viewed that he was willing to take on a negative fan here and now. Is this a bannable ( does this word seriously exist? ) offense? Just want to know seeing I was banned for a week about a month ago and it wasn't for threatening someone physically mind you. :-)

Vent thread?? Negativity?? Hmmmmmmmm... Do they go together? Just asking....

By the way, Ned Yost is TOAST!

I'm not normally given to these feelings or pronouncements, but I really feel like tomorrow is a must-win. It makes me angry to even have to think that.

I also resist the must-win tag, which we seem to have used about a dozen times already this season, but I tend to agree about the Weds. game v. the Cubs. If they lose, fall further behind the Cubs and the Cards, and dip further below .500, I have a hard time imagining them rebounding. So the team needs Ben Sheets to pull a Willis Reed and pitch the game of his freaking life, basically.

This cannot happen here. That's a 1 week ban.

I'm not going to defend what was said - not in the least. But aren't you surprised that this didn't happen sooner?

We're as punchy, if not more so, than the players right now. It's part of the reason why I try not to sit at the computer during the game and post. I at least will wait until the shoes drop and the bad things have all happened and I quit watching. If I posted during the game while I was watching, I'd already be banned from this board.

Again...I'm not defending a physical threat against another poster at all. I'm just saying that I'm surprised that this was the first time this month that I'd read such a comment.

Fret not, college football cranks up tomorrow night. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Wearing my heart on my sleeve since birth. Hopefully, it's my only crime.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

Well, call me a masochist, but I'm going to be following this team for the next two games. If they fail to take the series, I'm not getting off the Brewers bandwagon, but I'm not going to follow the team actively anymore, at least for a while. Maybe that makes me a fair-weather fan, but we haven't seen any fair-weather in these parts for a long time.

Oh, and I have tickets to two more games this season, in September. At least I'll get to see some of the young guys and Vinny Rottino from AAA. :P

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

i'd like to vent that doug melvin gets a free pass around here. nice trade of some really good prospects for two months of the terrible scott linebrink. i realize we needed bullpen help, but i'm not hearing that excuse. to get rid of inman and garrison, two decent starting pitching prospects and a decent lefty bullpen prospect for this ren a player is beyond me. i thought it was too much to give up then and way too much after watching him pitch. Screw doug melvin

Here's my number one vent: we didn't see this coming 6 weeks ago? We blame it on in-season variation? How about blaming it on players who aren't up to the task, on management who are constantly making questionable decisions at best, etc. Playoff teams have in-season streaks, non-playoff teams play poorly at crucial times. These losses absolutely don't hurt because we've been prepared for them for over a month now. Judging humans and judging data are not the same thing.

Yeah I was at the game...they were ruthless with Uecker. But I mean, honestly, how stupid was that decision? Who picked him to do that? I don't get that. Might as well have David Ortiz do the national anthem at Yankee Stadium
I believe this is the 2nd or 3rd time he has sung the anthem at Wrigley. And he always sings "root, root, root for the Brewers". I'm not blaming Uecker for doing that, but I think any fans in any stadium are going to take offense to that.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Yeah I was at the game...they were ruthless with Uecker. But I mean, honestly, how stupid was that decision? Who picked him to do that? I don't get that. Might as well have David Ortiz do the national anthem at Yankee Stadium
I believe this is the 2nd or 3rd time he has sung the anthem at Wrigley. And he always sings "root, root, root for the Brewers". I'm not blaming Uecker for doing that, but I think any fans in any stadium are going to take offense to that.

He's sung there more often than that, and he always does the old variation of "root root root for the Brewers/you do the same for the Cubs"...anyway, they were at him well before that.

I'd be embarased if us cheesers booed Ernie Banks (who I think is the Cubs' equivalent in terms of being a kindly old-timer who repesents the fun of the game) at MP, whether it's a pennant race or not. Instead, these drunk Chads were high-fiving each other about how awesome it was.

Even the Cubs fans are confused by Yosts bullpen usage and they put up a thread thanking Yost for the win... now thats sad.

Strange that they would be confused. Seems like he would be on the same mental wavelength as them. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

I'd be embarased if us cheesers booed Ernie Banks (who I think is the Cubs' equivalent in terms of being a kindly old-timer who repesents the fun of the game) at MP, whether it's a pennant race or not. Instead, these drunk Chads were high-fiving each other about how awesome it was.

Amen.

Then again, if Jesus Christ showed up at the game to sing TMOTTB and wore a Brewer hat, they'd boo Him, too. It's just what Cub fans do.

Twitter..

Blog..

Facebook.

I have been unable to watch the brewers for the last 2 weeks( MY Choice) but from what i read in the papers and on this board this team has no clue how to play with a lead whether it the Pitchers ,Hitters or Manager.

Good Baseball teams just don"t blow leads like this . This has to be the most Frustrating season for me because after being in first place i was almost believing we had a shot.

I tell you the Bewers better not look to resign Loserbrink he has been horrible and we don"t need him here rather have the draft pick.I would think that Ned Has coached his last year in for the Brewers. I actually would like the whole staff Replaced iexcept for BillY Castro.

This team has show no Heart since comming back from the Break and it starts with the Horrible Starting Pitching staked to big leads and watching them give them back makes you sick.

I'm getting tired of this same old blame the manager gig. For god's sake it's the pitching and defense (among other things the PLAYERS DO) that has lost games. How bout for a change people stop doing the trendy thing to blame Ned, and look at Maddux and Castro, look at the youth of the infield, look at Bill Hall's lack of power production, Rickie Weeks' lack of flat out production, Sheets missing about 9 starts, the fact that Cappy, who's a finese pitcher and couldn't knock the clown into the dunk tank from 10 feet away for the past year and a half and so on.

PS Doug Melvin gets some blame in this whole thing too, forget these diamond in the rough projects. Building from within has taken the Brewers this far, now go get a TRUE big name in the offseason and put these guys over the top.

Amen.

Then again, if Jesus Christ showed up at the game to sing TMOTTB and wore a Brewer hat, they'd boo Him, too. It's just what Cub fans do.

To be fair, the majority of the NSBB guys thought it was lame, too. So, uh, I take back my vent about chopping off poor Ronnie's arms http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/eek.gif

Strange and pathetic that it takes Ueck getting booed to get me the most riled up I've been all season.

While you bring up valid Points they are not going to fire the team here and that why Ned will be fired along with his staff.Well also geting a true Big Name this offseason is always nice but first One has to be avialable and then you have to pay him and he has to want to come here. I guess Phil Gardner would not agree since Paying Major Bucks for a true Thumper did nothing for him but cost him his job.

I'm getting tired of this same old blame the manager gig.

I am not blaming Ned for our WOAHS, rather I think he has overall done a bad job in his position these last 5 years and he should be replaced.

For god's sake it's the pitching and defense (among other things the PLAYERS DO) that has lost games.

Managers have lost and do lose games as well.

look at Maddux and Castro

Maddux and Castro can get blame but Ned can't? -- I would assume getting rid of Ned would get rid of his whole goon platoon.

Rickie Weeks' lack of flat out production,

Weeks has produced poorly, and certainly I would advocate looking for an upgrade for his roster spot -- however, this doesn't make the job Ned did better or worse.

Sheets missing about 9 starts

Every team has had injuries -- Phillies-Utley; Cards-Mulder/Carpenter; Cubs-Soriano -- I think that the Brewers have done a pretty good job staying healthy this year

Cappy, who's a finese pitcher and couldn't knock the clown into the dunk tank from 10 feet away for the past year and a half and so on

Cappy performed poorly and got replaced -- I would hope that the same would happen to Ned.

Archived