Brewer Fanatic

2007 Vent Thread, Part 7

I'd like to nominate Ron Santo for the World's Worst Colorman EVER.

"He really kept his feet together on that swing. Did you see that?"

Well Ron, actually I am listening to the game, so that would be no.

"GYAAAHD."

Good call on that Weeks HBP Ron.

"Oh my gosh... Don't do this to us Bobby"

Do what Ron? We can't see the game.

"Boy is this crowd alive tonight! Man O-Live"

huh?

Thanks a lot XM radio for playing the Cubs broadcast. Pat Hughes isn't so bad, but Santo is just dreadful to listen to. It's comical how bad he is.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Even dyed in the wool Cub fans are sick of Santo. I remember bringing this up with some Cub fan friends of mine years and years ago, and they didn't mind him because he was susch a Cub guy, and they could take it. Ask them about it today, and they're done with him.

http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/sports/brew/img/aug07/tlinebrink828.jpg

I don't know who fills me with more whit hot rage, the Duetsche Bank walking off the field or the Ash Clown with the "It's Gonna Happen" sign.

What did Yost do?

Well, he didn't Pinch hit for Soup, then yanked him after 1 hitter in the 7th.

He brought Linebrink in, when he could've left Soup in for 1 more batter and then brought in Shouse to face LRL batters.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

From the Apathy Thread:

They say that we are losers

And perhaps that may be true

Since we don't have a lot of wins

And my interests are few

We are not a worldly team

Well versed in winning

So we prefer to stay at home

Than go on the road to win

We don't go to the playoffs

Or places where good teams play

And we haven't had a winning season in years

Afraid to take a chance

Injuries always make us nervous

Because we are rather dumb

Lacking in the confidence

To be a stand up team

We are not a very clever team

But I can tell an excuse to buy off another losing season

We are neither consistent or durable

And we always have flat breaking pitches

We have a sense of losing

And talents that go to waste

but we always wonder why

That we don't have a playoff team

In spite of all that we are not

We never get depressed

For we've accepted who we are

Being a cellar dwellar

They say that we are losers

And perhaps that may be true

But if we had to change our lives

We don't want to be the Bucks! (edited because I don't wanna call out the DRays anymore)

Adam, your sense of negativity really makes me want to punch you right now. I dislike negative people.

I don't like overly negative people either, but at this point I agree with him. If Yost is manager next year I'll be shocked.

What did Yost do?

Well, he didn't Pinch hit for Soup, then yanked him after 1 hitter in the 7th.

He brought Linebrink in, when he could've left Soup in for 1 more batter and then brought in Shouse to face LRL batters.

Yost is one of those by his book guys almost all the time.In his book,Linebrink is the 7th inning guy so he had to come in there no matter that the lefties were looming and Shouse shuts them down.

I'm beginning to understand the allure of the dark side of the force. At this point I don't even care about the Brewers anymore, I just want the Cubs to go down in flames. Nihilism seems to me to be perfectly reasonable.

I want to see Fielder take his bat and smash several batting hemets in the dugout, as if he were playing Whack-A-Mole.

I want to see Weeks fire the back end of a double play right into the lower mid-section of a runner coming into second base.

I'm just angry and disillusioned right now, even though I have suspected for a while that this team simply didn't have "it" yet. Despite a good group of young talent, you look at them and they don't have the feel of any of the somewhat unexpected Series winners of the past few years. Not even the feel of the Tigers from last year. They're simply not good enough yet. As odd as this sounds, they don't have a Pierzynski, or even a Spezio on this team. Not that those guys are any great shakes, but they are veteran guys that just seem to get the job done. Just too many guys on this team, both players and on the coaching staff who are struggling to figure "it" out, and trying to find a place in the world.

The future does seem to be bright, but given the number of times the light at the end of the Milwaukee tunnel has turned out to be a train, I don't even want to bank on that anymore.

I realy don't like the booing at Miller Park at all. I think in many ways, such as when Carlos Lee was booed earlier this season, the booing is just a sign of a degree of fan ignorance. But I have a feeling that the first time the Pirates take a lead on Friday night, there will be a fair amount of booing at Miller Park. And, if I'm still watching games at that point, even though I won't be joining in, the booing probably won't bother me at all. Which makes me pretty sad about where this season has taken me.

If the Badgers go out and lay an egg on Saturday (which could easily happen in a season opener against an unfamiliar opponent playing an unfamiliar style), we may need to put cops on a lot of bridges in this state come Saturday night.

If nothing the manager does controls the outcome of a game or how a team performs over a season,it's all on the players,why would you care if he's replaced?We can't find another person to do his job and be meaningless like Yost?What harm could come from it,we might lose games?

Thank you danzig. I never understood this either. Or they can do nothing and watch it go down. I, for one would like to just see if something could spark this team and save the season. Who cares if it hasn't happened before?

Forget managing for a second, how about pitching? Milwaukee's is a joke, end of story. It doesn't matter who is running the show, the Crew is out of arms.

To go just on a little tangent here, I used to really enjoy Tim Allen on the postgame show, but he fell victim to the whining and complaining that is AM radio. Tim used to hold the integrity of what he does, but now forget it, he's just like Sparky. What really made me notice it was tonight on the PG show, he was ripping Ned for saying he only expected 5 or so out of Sheets tomorrow. So why not just go give the gameplan to Lou. That's just empty pissing and moaning. No one in their right minds is expecting 8 out of sheets tomorrow, it's his first game back.

Adam, your sense of negativity really makes me want to punch you right now. I dislike negative people.

Ummm.....this is the vent thread. If you want to dream, head on over to the Silver Lining thread. Bring a book though and a broom to dust off the cobwebs.

http://graphics.jsonline.com/graphics/sports/brew/img/aug07/tlinebrink828.jpg

I don't know who fills me with more whit hot rage, the Duetsche Bank walking off the field or the Ash Clown with the "It's Gonna Happen" sign.

http://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/mad.gifhttp://static.yuku.com//domainskins/bypass/img/smileys/mad.gif

This team is just beyond pathetic right now. We've won 9 of our last 31 for a .290 winning percentage. Oh it's going to get better you can't do anything about it blah, blah, blah spare me.

Okay and seriously brewers255 threats on the internet? Come on.

danzig6767 wrote:If nothing the manager does controls the outcome of a game or how a team performs over a season,it's all on the players,why would you care if he's replaced?We can't find another person to do his job and be meaningless like Yost?What harm could come from it,we might lose games?

Not only that if it's all on the players then why do we need a manager in the first place? I guess that would just be a waste of money.

Did somebody just threaten to punch someone for not staying positive?

http://www.piratesplunder.com/images/products/flags/Beatings_450.jpg

Anyway, I was watching the Yost/Linebrink meltdown on a big screen at AT&T Park tonight before the Giants game and I felt like hitting something, too. If I'd have been at home I'd probably be getting fitted for a cast right now after trying to take out my living room wall.

Somebody just told me that the Cubs fans really gave it to Ueck tonight. Pathetic. Go Cards. I bet there were a lot of shirtless dudes with backwards Illini caps high-fiving afterwards: "Yeeeeeaaaaaah, brah!"

I'm glad I didn't actually hear this, I might've been inspired to have gotten on a plane to Chicago to go chop off Santo's remaining limbs and cram one down his throat and throw the other over the ivy into the beer of some loudmouth from a crummy Northwest side suburb.

Archived