Brewer Fanatic

2007 Vent Thread, Part 7

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I've tried to stay rational, I have. I can't do it anymore. This team is toast. Only 2 1/2 back, blah blah blah. I've lost all sense of ever believing that this team can win any game that they have a lead in, no matter how big, no matter how late.

Mathematical LOGIC suggest the odds of blowing as many 3+ run leads as they have in the last 2 months should be impossible. Impossible. Yet they continue to mystify in the ways that they can lose any game, at any time. Playoff races are supposed to be fun. This isn't fun at all.

Honestly, if anyone is still watching entire games, I salute you. I tuned in for a third of an inning tonight, and it depressed the crap out of me.

Amazingly, I have, somehow. Blind faith I guess. But I told myself if they lose this series I'm done. And that looks likely at this point.

You could make an argument this is the worst collapse in ML history. What is the biggest drop from games above .500 to games under in a season anyway?

http://www.baseballchapel.org/images/Linebrink.jpg = http://mlbkid.mlblogs.com/my_weblog/images/melvin_1.jpg http://www.eurstyle.com/images/products/mains/aarnio_screw_shl_adfbrgls10_hgt_low.jpg http://www.pooch-parlor.com/pooch_1.jpg

http://www.baseballchapel.org/images/Linebrink.jpg = http://mlbkid.mlblogs.com/my_weblog/images/melvin_1.jpg http://www.eurstyle.com/images/products/mains/aarnio_screw_shl_adfbrgls10_hgt_low.jpg http://www.pooch-parlor.com/pooch_1.jpg

Now this is a masterpiece and at the very least it should be in the Milwaukee Art Museum. Yeah I liked Linebrink at first, not so much anymore. I just hope we don't re-sign him.

Yep, I'm done here. I've tried to stay positive, but enough is enough. I wished I still didn't have as many tickets as I do to the remaining games this season. I can't wait for the pitching & coaching staff to be completely overhauled com October 1. Can't wait. So glad we have this Linebrink character to put the bullpen over the hump for the rest of the season. Sure am tickled pink that Sheets gets to go tomorrow, cause he'll most assuredly do well tomorrow. When was the last time he actually beat Zambrano head to head? And Parra on Thursday -- he's thrown what, maybe 3 innings all month? It sure seems like it. He'll be nice and sharp.

And what will really burn me the most? Well, come tomorrow morning when my very disliked manager, who is the biggest fair weather fan I've ever met, comes and asks me what happened last night while reminding me that this is the typical Brewers team of old who "just knew they wouldn't do well this year", I might just unleash verbal tirade after tirade in his direction. If you have nothing positive to add to a conversation outside of needling me, just stay the heck out of my way.

End rant.

So, Ned, I'd like to see another one of your interviews you where you chuckle arrogantly and proclaim something along the lines of, "The fans don't really know anything. They panic, but they don't really know how the game works. The season is a marathon, this is just a bad stretch, and the fans don't really know what they're talking about."

So, Ned, I'd like to see another one of your interviews you where you chuckle arrogantly and proclaim something along the lines of, "The fans don't really know anything. They panic, but they don't really know how the game works. The season is a marathon, this is just a bad stretch, and the fans don't really know what they're talking about."

I agree on the Linebrink stuff. I really was thrilled (and very surprised) that we got him in July. And he's pitched fairly well. But, man, I have no confidence in the guy at all. It's almost like he's pitching "poorly" to spite the Brewers for taking him out of his cozy surroundings in San Diego. I'm sure he's not--he's a professional--but, jeepers he's been very blah when he's came into close games.

Where's his outstanding sinker? And that changeup that we couldn't touch back in May? Everything seems to be a straight ball.

If it's one thing that goes well (Suppan tonight and some 2-out clutch hitting from Corey Hart) it's 2 things that go bad (strikeouts on pitches at their eye [Fielder, Braun, Mench, others], bullpen disintergrates.)

So glad that we saved our best reliever one inning too late.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

What can Ned do at this point? His decisions are not hurting this team. Unfortunately, there are some disturbing patterns that keep jumping up and biting this team...

(A) Bad starting pitching puts the team in an early hole. Offense unable to put up enough runs to bail out the starter.

(B) Brilliant starting pitching (like Suppan tonight), but our best relievers are unable to hold the lead.

© Offense scores runs early, and fails to add on runs throughout the rest of the game.

I'm sick of people blaming Yost for problems that are so obviously player-related IMO. I'd be curious to hear how Yost blew this game. Only the biggest of Yost haters could somehow blame him for this one. But, of course, if the players don't get the job done, it is somehow the manager's fault (as if he was up there swinging at fastballs over his head, throwing fastballs over the middle of the plate, failing to field comebackers to the mound, etc. It is the players that need to turn things around, not the manager.

Sadly he is correct, the casual fan is clueless about what really matters in baseball. That doesn't absolve him of any of the blame for this mess, everyone on the team is to blame but as the leader of the team Yost pretty much has to go down for this.

As I stated in the game thread, player's fault or not, Yost is directly responsible for the players performances. Unless there was ever a manager that also played in the games, you could use the "players make the plays" excuse to contradict every manager firing in MLB history.

We can't fire 25 players, and knowing the talent that they have, we wouldn't. The Brewers are under .500 now. That's a cold, hard fact. The manager is accountable for that. I believe the players failing to execute are mostly to blame. I'm not denying that. That doesn't change the accountability that Yost is under. That's the same for any job. If you're a manager of a department at a corporation, you might work hard and do a damn good job. If your employees don't get the job done, that still falls on you. That's the truth, and that's the way it is.

What can Ned do at this point? His decisions are not hurting this team. Unfortunately, there are some disturbing patterns that keep jumping up and biting this team...

(A) Bad starting pitching puts the team in an early hole. Offense unable to put up enough runs to bail out the starter.

(B) Brilliant starting pitching (like Suppan tonight), but our best relievers are unable to hold the lead.

© Offense scores runs early, and fails to add on runs throughout the rest of the game.

I'm sick of people blaming Yost for problems that are so obviously player-related IMO. I'd be curious to hear how Yost blew this game. Only the biggest of Yost haters could somehow blame him for this one. But, of course, if the players don't get the job done, it is somehow the manager's fault (as if he was up there swinging at fastballs over his head, throwing fastballs over the middle of the plate, failing to field comebackers to the mound, etc. It is the players that need to turn things around, not the manager.

If nothing the manager does controls the outcome of a game or how a team performs over a season,it's all on the players,why would you care if he's replaced?We can't find another person to do his job and be meaningless like Yost?What harm could come from it,we might lose games?

Yost sucks, Linebrink sucks, this whole team sucks. This implosion is never gonna end this season. We will probably win about 75 games and finish in 4th or 5th place. This is complately unacceptable and Yost needs to go now. Enough is enough! If Phil Garner who has taken a team to the World Series can get fired before the end of the season then jolly old Ned should be fired too. The man is completely clueless and he cant stop the train wreck from getting worse each day.

Archived