Brewer Fanatic

2007 Vent Thread, Part 7

And when are the veterans going to step up?
They are. Fielder, Braun and Gallardo. Oh wait, and Mike Rivera. He's hit more hr's in the last week then Estrada has in 3 months. I'll cut Jenkins, Hall and Sheets some slack. This is their first pennant race and we can expect them to choke up a little bit.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Earlier this week, I was talking about how comfortable it was watching a game depending on who was pitching.

The only pitchers I was really comfortable watching was Ben Sheets and Yovani Gallardo.

Now it's just Yovani Gallardo. But even that's starting to put me on edge when I contemplate how hard he might be getting pressed as the innings go flying by.

Afterthought: I can watch Villanueva with some peace of mind. Everyone else freaks me out. Unfortanely, I don't see him or Yo pitching a complete game, so my nerves will officially be shot for every remaining game. I close the game on mlbtv.com now whenever Turnbow comes in.

I can't watch anymore, I just check the final score later on.

Great that there is a vent thread, as no one in my house wants to hear it anymore.

well it was fun while it lasted but most knew with the way they played on the Road they were not going to win anything.

The blown games was unacceptable and showed why we don"t belong winning this division.

but thankfully this Division be horrible kept the brewers in the Race but now the better team looks like they want the division more

GO PACK GO! Sigh... Johnny freaking Estrada couldn't throw out a tortoise. There has got to be something physically wrong with either his shoulder or arm. Some of the throws I saw tonight were just plain pathetic. >:-( Does the coaching staff not see this? Does Yost not realize that Estrada will make the Brewers suffer immensely (assuming) in the postseason?

Mike Rivera sir, bless you. I truly feel you had a boulder dropped on you when the Crew got Estrada. I saw how 'happy' you were to be in AAA ball this season. (.215 avg) Since you got the call back to the big time you've REFOUND your CENTER of happiness. I see the same Mike Rivera that was POUNDING home runs last September. Mike Rivera I hope you can start the majority of the games remaining behind the plate. I am OVERLY POSITIVE you can throw out at least one more baserunner than Estrada has in the last 3+ months!

why no Shouse in that 8th inning anyways? Why Mitch? I didn't get that one. At first, I thought maybe Shouse still wasn't back but then there he was later on warming up in the pen and, obviously, into the game. That one run ended up being humongous.

Exactly what I was thinking. Not to bust one guy who just gave up a single run, when there was plenty of blame to go around, but . . . why Stetter and not Shouse? (And how many times have I posted a bullpen-related question ending that way?)

"We've got 17 games left," Yost told his players. "Give everything you have to give. Leave everything you have on the field every day and we'll be in good shape."
I'm surprised Yost didn't ask his players to give 110%. I would run through a brick wall after listening to that riveting speech.

We had a good lefty in Shouse. We got another good LOOGY in King to free up Shouse to pitch. The Reds have really good lefties in their lineup. And in a game in which we lost by one run, I didn't see Shouse, I didn't see King, but I did get to see Stetter. I don't think it matters if we go out and get Rivera and Gagne this offseason, they would never pitch in a meaninful game if Ned is still around. Might as well let all our good ones go and only go with unprovens.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

I disagree, invader. I realize this was a vent, but he is our ace. It just sucks that our ace didn't pitch like one tonight--and that I will agree with you on. Even Johan Santana gets lit up every now and then.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Double steal attempts with 2 on and 1 out. Leaving Jenkins in TWICE to face bullpen lefties in a close game.

Seriously, is this pea-brain trying to lose? I can't wait until the day after the season ends. I'm going to take off of work just so I can enjoy spending the day watching him get fired.

Double steal attempts with 2 on and 1 out. Leaving Jenkins in TWICE to face bullpen lefties in a close game.

Maybe Ned has another mosquito bite he was itching. Get that man some OFF!!!

p.s. I too will rejoice in the firing of Ned Yost, despite his finally using the bullpen properly tonight (you know it isn't going to contiunue).

If you're criticizing him for not pinch hitting Jenkins in the 5th, you're wrong. No way you should pinch hit that early in the game with a lead. All the other points are valid but that one's way off. If you think that, then you are the stupid one, not Yost.

The first one was a toss-up. We still had Nix availabe, so Mench could have been hit for if the Reds had a RHP to face him later in the game. It was a close game, and we had a chance to blow open a nice sized lead in that 5th inning. Jenkins predictable strikeout nearly killed it completely. That's supposed to be the added benefit of having so many guys in September, is the increased flexibility to make decisions like that while still leaving viable options for later on in the game. That's more of an opinion call though.

Leaving Jenkins out there in the 7th (and putting a hit-and-run on no less) is just one more completely inexcusable, indefensible move by Ned.

Looking up just this year's stats, Jenkins hits better against lefties than Mench does against righties. I think the reasoning is that you don't want to put Mench into a game just to have a RHP come in to face him.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Archived