Brewer Fanatic

2007 Vent Thread, Part 7

The worst thing about the Aquino move is that it was readily obvious, at least to those listening on the radio, that even the CROWD knew that it was a bad move as it was being made. Of course, the crowd knows nothing.

Apart from the enitrely predictable pitching debacle, the offense again, despite doing pretty well, left some stuff out there on the field which could have made a big difference.

I see the game is on delay on FSN tonight. Anyone watching that knowing the outcome going in would also be the type who, after finding out his girlfriend is pregnant by another man, would later sit down and watch the video documenting the conception.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whoever is tallying how many times we've gotten 'Yosted' this year, add another one to the count

I've only tallied since 8/26, but I've got you covered, dharris. Cripes. What else needs to happen for the change to be made? It's making me lose a lot of respect for Melvin that the answer seems to be, "Completely blowing our chance to make the post-season - literally - as in, zero games remaining in the season. If at that point we no longer have a shot at the playoffs, then he's fired." Nevermind the fact that sticking with him is also contributing to our shot at making the playoffs getting smaller everyday...

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Zambrano pitched poorly, blew through a stop sign at 3rd and got called out at home, got booed by the fans and told the media that Chicago fans only think of themselves. The fanbase at their forum is already regretting the contract given to him.

That probably belongs in the silver lining thread but the fact Yost blew this game for us ruins what could have been an absolutely perfect day.

Can someone please dig up Aquino metric that shows how awful he is with inherited runners. It's unreal to believe that Yost took Shouse out for this waste of space. Not saying Turnbow didn't suck, he did, but Aquino in that.....Holy crap I was saying this in April. That's why I want Yost to be fired. He does not learn. Just like trotting out McClung when Wise and/or Linebrink were available. This manager is depleting any hope I have of the Brewers reaching the post season. *sigh* only 1 1/2 out though right?

...got booed by the fans and told the media that Chicago fans only think of themselves

Well at least someone finally said it! I was watching this game today, and when he left, he made two gestures to his ear - to say, "Oh yea, I hear you, you fake fairweather bums." I actually felt for him today, as the fans booed nearly everything that didn't go perfectly. To boo this guy, who has been as dominant a SP in recent memory, just shows the level of ignorance that pervades the Cub "fan"-base. To make it worse, that moron "Len" (p-b-p announcer) actually supported it, with something to the effect of, "Well at least you can say that Cubs fans are passionate. They'll let you know how things are going, and things were awful out there today." This was in the top of the 5th, with the Cubs down only 3 or 4 runs. What a bunch of morons - just an embarassment to the term "Baseball Fans"

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

One of these losses is going to finally come back and bite us in the butt sooner or later.

I jumped off the Yost ship a few weeks ago, to answer a question asked earlier in this thread. I was actually a defender of Yost for quite sometime. I'm far from that now, and I'm not happy to say so.

Zambrano's 3 year trends put a big smile on his face. I could see him being close to a league average starter over the length of that contract. His K's are going down, his BB's up, he's getting more hittable, more inconsistent, his GB% is getting worse and worse. He has had 2 good months in a year and half now.

I looked at some stats after listening to the "playing the percentages" thing with Aquino:

Biggio:

VS LHP .331 .360 .492 .852

VS RHP .226 .260 .360 .620

Pence:

VS LHP .369 .418 .607 1.025

VS RHP .308 .341 .536 .877

Shouse:

VS LHH .167 .222 .208 .431

VS RHH .253 .323 .289 .612

Aquino (not including today):

VS LHH .286 .375 .286 .661

VS RHH .250 .350 .438 .788

I thought I was angry when I had no stats in front of me at the game. I think Shouse was the right guy to get out of the inning and am in no way saying he shouldn't have been in. But to say that he pulled him for the matchup is a slap in the face to anyone with the internet.

I looked at some stats after listening to the "playing the percentages" thing with Aquino:

Biggio:

VS LHP .331 .360 .492 .852

VS RHP .226 .260 .360 .620

Pence:

VS LHP .369 .418 .607 1.025

VS RHP .308 .341 .536 .877

Shouse:

VS LHH .167 .222 .208 .431

VS RHH .253 .323 .289 .612

Aquino (not including today):

VS LHH .286 .375 .286 .661

VS RHH .250 .350 .438 .788

I thought I was angry when I had no stats in front of me at the game. I think Shouse was the right guy to get out of the inning and am in no way saying he shouldn't have been in. But to say that he pulled him for the matchup is a slap in the face to anyone with the internet.

Wow. Ballgame. I agree totally it is a slap in the face to anyone with the internet.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

What kills me about not using CoCo today is that Ned did use him on August 16 against St. Louis -- a game that the Brewers lost 8-0. (For some reason known only to Ned, he brought CoCo in to get the final two outs in that debacle.) I was at that game, I remember thinking, "OK, this is just burning an inning that he won't be able to use sometime later in the season."

Are the folks at Elias checking to the all-time single-season record for blown leads of 3 or more runs?

What kills me about not using CoCo today is that Ned did use him on August 16 against St. Louis -- a game that the Brewers lost 8-0. (For some reason known only to Ned, he brought CoCo in to get the final two outs in that debacle.) I was at that game, I remember thinking, "OK, this is just burning an inning that he won't be able to use sometime later in the season."

Are the folks at Elias checking to the all-time single-season record for blown leads of 3 or more runs?

In Yost's defense, he uses Coco in blowouts when he hasn't pitched in a while to keep him sharp. I totally agree with doing that.

I disagree vehemently, however, with the new-school approach of using closers only in the 9th and only in save opps. I hope it's a trend that managers start bucking so it ceases to be "conventional wisdom".

Yost ruined Labor Day in Milwaukee. I am done following this team until he is gone. Go D'backs!

You're right, 3 out of 4 is terrible. Ned will be here next year too, so I guess see ya later.

Yeah, and leading the league in bonehead decisions by trying to use unconventional stats is? That would be like Lou Pinella say " We decided to pitch around the guy because we found out he's 13 - 78 after day games vs lefties when he's shaved even though in his career he's 13 for 20 against the guy.

BTW, did Ned Lost tell anyone why he sat Hall who was a career .361 hitter against Oswalt?

I don't blame Yost for this, but it is interesting that today he cites the numbers as to why he made the switch, but against Chicago when he kept Mench in instead of PH Jenkins he balked at the numbers and said he was just going with the flow of the game, and as Yost said then, "Mench was in the game". That is the equivalent of saying "hey, I was just watching the game like you guys". Tough loss, that is about it, not Ned's fault.

Archived