Brewer Fanatic

2013-08-29 Brewers (Gallardo) at Pirates (Cole), 6:05 PM CDT

That was a huge Double Play ball there for Gallardo. Doesn't get that, I doubt he pitches past the 5th inning. Now he just may see the 6th inning.

I just don't see Yovani as a SP anymore. It's time to send him to the bullpen very much like Tommy Hunter/Brian Matusz in Baltimore. Gain some velocity and be effective again.

We're moving into the 6th inning, and Gallardo has 80 pitches.

Oh, please, get out of this inning quickly, Yo. No bullpen. No bullpen.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

what a fun game to be at, after gennett got the first hit of the game someone behind me yelled "you suck Cole, ya bum!". ahhhh pittsburghhhhhhh

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

That was a huge Double Play ball there for Gallardo. Doesn't get that, I doubt he pitches past the 5th inning. Now he just may see the 6th inning.

I just don't see Yovani as a SP anymore. It's time to send him to the bullpen very much like Tommy Hunter/Brian Matusz in Baltimore. Gain some velocity and be effective again.

Not sure why you keep on suggesting this but this would be a horrible idea. Gallardo would be a rather horrible relief pitcher as it is not his velocity that is the problem here it is that he keeps on nibbling which is why he gets high pitch counts and doesn't stay in the game as long as he should. It would be a disaster waiting to happen if he was moved to the bullpen. Gallardo in the bullpen is just not a good idea.

Not sure why you keep on suggesting this but this would be a horrible idea. Gallardo would be a rather horrible relief pitcher as it is not his velocity that is the problem here it is that he keeps on nibbling which is why he gets high pitch counts and doesn't stay in the game as long as he should. It would be a disaster waiting to happen if he was moved to the bullpen. Gallardo in the bullpen is just not a good idea.

Why do I keep suggesting this? Because a SP that is closing in on only avg. 5IP a Start isn't helping your team. Especially if he's going to be a 4+ERA Pitcher moving forward.

Why would it be a disaster? I'm confused? Any added velocity is good for a pitcher whether it's an issue or not so that doesn't make sense to suggest velocity isn't an issue. What's 92 and can be fouled off vs. 95 and whiffed at improves Yo's pitch counts per IP.

Is there something I'm missing that Yo who was our #1 SP heading in to this season, suddenly is a disaster of a pitcher coming out of the bullpen? Please show me how that works? Does he become wilder? because he may be pitching b2b2b days vs. his every 5/6day schedule?

I just don't see Yo remaining a reliable SP because of his "Nibbling" pitch style. Whereas, he can nibble all he wants coming from the Bullpen being asked for 1IP? He was at pitch 49 when he got McCutchen to hit into that double play to end the 3rd inning. A hit there by McCutchen and it's pitch 50 coming up with 1out in the 3rd inning. That was a Game Changing Double Play vs. a team's best hitter. Something that I wouldn't count on Yo to win under that same scenario more than he loses.

It's really a moot point though honestly for me as Yo has just 1 more season with Milwaukee that based on how the team stands today isn't headed to the Playoffs next season which makes the last season Yo is here not overly meaningful how Milwaukee uses him.

Boy it seemed that trip to the DL has done wonders for YO

yup! looked great!

[sarcasm]looked great enough to move him to the bullpen![/sarcasm]

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Brewers need gallardo to be effective in the rotation to have any prayer next season. Despite his down year I think any team in MLB would place Gallardo in their 2014 rotation given the chance. Meanwhile Brewers have one of the worst rotations in the league and you wanna put him in the bullpen? In favor of who gorzo/Thornberg/Estrada/Narveson/Hellweg? That's really far out on a limb.

Archived