Brewer Fanatic

Khris "KHRUSH" Davis

TURBO
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Aoki is on the roster, I can't see RRR using him as the 4th OFer, no matter how impressive Davis is or has been.

There is no way he could get past playing the Vet, or the guy who has been playing RF for the majority of the past 2 seasons.

I have no trust that our manager can, or will do what is right for the team when it comes to starting positions. Davis probably won't get a shot at starting barring injury or Aoki leaving the team.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I see the Brewers outfield as being set for a while:

Davis in LF

Gomez in CF

Braun in RF

Aoki as the 4th OF

Gindl or Schaefer as the 5th OF (trade the other one)

This, except I'd probably trade Aoki instead of Gindl or Schaefer.

I would seriously consider trading Davis. While his hot streak right now is nice I don't believe he would be able to do this over a course of a full season the same with Gennett. If a team offered a decent player for Davis I would take that offer. For example I believe the Rays could be a good match and I would take just about any of their pitching prospects.

When I look at Davis vs Aoki I see more value in Davis in the trade market than what Aoki could bring. This is a type of a move the Brewers need to make they need to cash in on someone like Davis and get a position of need. Trading Davis would be the best option to get the kind of talent the Brewers need. I believe Davis could bring back a pitcher with an upside of a #1 but probably projects more as a #2 or worst case scenario a #3. While Aoki I believe at best you are getting a #3 type who has a floor of a #5.

They aren't going to get that kind of pitching prospect for Davis........Teams don't trade guys like that for a guy like Davis

I would seriously consider trading Davis. While his hot streak right now is nice I don't believe he would be able to do this over a course of a full season the same with Gennett. If a team offered a decent player for Davis I would take that offer. For example I believe the Rays could be a good match and I would take just about any of their pitching prospects.

When I look at Davis vs Aoki I see more value in Davis in the trade market than what Aoki could bring. This is a type of a move the Brewers need to make they need to cash in on someone like Davis and get a position of need. Trading Davis would be the best option to get the kind of talent the Brewers need. I believe Davis could bring back a pitcher with an upside of a #1 but probably projects more as a #2 or worst case scenario a #3. While Aoki I believe at best you are getting a #3 type who has a floor of a #5.

"Braun was also scared of ground balls. He knew in his head he couldn't field them cleanly"

Is this true / fact?

He never came out and said so, so I have no proof. But I saw him play. From personal experience (both watching other players and from my own degradation as a 3rd baseman), there were mental blocks that were inhibiting his ability. To clarify, he wasn't scared of getting hit by the ground balls he was scared of not making the play on the ground balls.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

There is no reason Davis can't play RF. If we can live through the Yount CF years with the arm he didn't have, we can live through some years with Khris in RF. Just make sure Gennett gets farther into the outfield when a ball is hit that way and let him have the long throws. It's not ideal but you're not going to have an ideal player at every position.

There is no reason Davis can't play RF. If we can live through the Yount CF years with the arm he didn't have, we can live through some years with Khris in RF. Just make sure Gennett gets farther into the outfield when a ball is hit that way and let him have the long throws. It's not ideal but you're not going to have an ideal player at every position.

Who's going to go into the outfield to take the cut from Gennett from his noodle?

Who's going to go into the outfield to take the cut from Gennett from his noodle?

This is what I was going to post. The Davis to Gennett relay would allow David Ortiz to score from first base.

Of course the way around this problem is to have Aramis Ramirez trip baserunners as they round third base.

This is what I was going to post. The Davis to Gennett relay would allow David Ortiz to score from first base.

Of course the way around this problem is to have Aramis Ramirez trip baserunners as they round third base.

Aramis would probably injure his knee doing it.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Don't worry, when we have a real 1B again next year, Yuni will move to become the starting 2B.

Don't worry, when we have a real 1B again next year, Yuni will move to become the starting 2B.

Why do you have to suggest such terrible things?

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Hey, some of us are eating here.

I was higher coming into the season on Davis than seriously anybody, that said, he's getting seriously overrated 'round here. He's clearly not going to maintain this kind of production over a full season. He's not an everyday player, at least not unless the rest of the team is rediculously good.

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect around a 270/340/460 type line from Khris next year, which assuming averagish defense and baserunning still has value in the current run environment. I'd hope no one is expecting him to continue slugging at a 600 clip though.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

I was higher coming into the season on Davis than seriously anybody, ...

He's not an everyday player, at least not unless the rest of the team is rediculously good.

Then you aren't higher on Davis than everyone else.

I DO believe Khris can be an everyday player and has a good chance of being a regular 900 OPS player. I also believe he has a high "flame-out" chance but I'm willing to take a chance on him starting.

I'm pretty sure no one thinks he will have a 600+ SLG on a regular basis.

My upside prediction for Davis would be Matt Stairs. The nice part is we could potentially have him for the really good part of his career

It's funny you should bring up Stairs. When I see Gindl, I see a young Matt Stairs. Stairs wasn't a huge power guy in the minors. That came along in his late 20's.

I was higher coming into the season on Davis than seriously anybody, that said, he's getting seriously overrated 'round here. He's clearly not going to maintain this kind of production over a full season. He's not an everyday player, at least not unless the rest of the team is rediculously good.

This this this.

I honestly wonder if Davis is even better than Aoki at all.

The hype on a guy who had a few good weeks is pretty comical though.

Aoki is at 352/364 and getting farther away from his peak years at the time of this post. For his minor league career Davis is at 392/506, with a 371/489 in AAA, and is approaching his peak.

You have to believe Aoki has a very significant advantage over Davis in terms of baserunning and defense to think he projects to be the more productive player in 2014.

Archived