Brewer Fanatic

2013-08-13 Brewers (Estrada) at Rangers (Ogando), 7:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 5-1]

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/logos/brewers.png[/logo][game-info][h1]August 13 | 7:05 P.M.[/h1][h2]Brewers (51-67) | Rangers (69-50)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/logos/rangers.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/pitchers/brewers/estrada-10.jpghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/pitchers/rangers/ogando-01.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][h2]4-4, 4.96 ERA, 1.28 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Rangers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Estrada enjoyed a successful return to the mound after two months on the disabled list, allowing only one hit and no runs in San Francisco. He retired the final 14 batters he faced, six of them on strikeouts.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][h2]5-3, 3.28 ERA, 1.31 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Ogando has made four starts since coming off the disabled list and is 1-1 with a 4.34 ERA. He has yet to pitch more than five innings and is 2-0 with a 2.76 ERA in just three starts at home this season.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. RF 青木 宣親
  2. SS Jean Segura
  3. C Jonathan Lucroy
  4. 3B Aramis Ramirez
  5. CF Carlos Gomez
  6. 1B Juan Francisco
  7. DH Khris Davis
  8. LF Logan Schafer
  9. 2B Scooter Gennett

[/divclass][divclass=home]

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

You mean...(gasp!) the youngsters are playing well when given time on the field? Shocking!

Scooter Gennett.....home run hitter. Three home runs in his last eight at bats now.

Nice to see Khris Davis making the most of his time. Four bombs for him now.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Wow Segura is fast, beating out that roller to Elvis Andrus. And stolen base #34! Woot!
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

LOL, Segura is so fast, he completely avoided the tag when they caught him in the run down. Pierzynski should have run him back a little more to third.

Great, Gonzalez loads the bases with one out. Jesus H, we just can't get a break. Little seeing eye hits dinked all over the infield.

He didn't get either out, but Gennett got to both those balls and got off impressive throws. His defense is better than I've read about.

It kills me, Robert, because I'd planned to go to tonight's game, but I broke my leg in three places near the end of June, so I'm having to watch it on tv with my leg propped up. Still, I am really enjoying tonight's game.

To think I could have seen Scooter's first multi-homer game as a Scooter Gennett collector irks me.

Segura with a great play at short. He's starting to catch fire again.

Woo hoo! Brewers win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now I can watch the replay on the Roku, and see Scooter and Khris's homers!

Rangers broadcasters taking some pot shots at Scooter.

He destroyed your World Series hopeful tonight, Texas. Shut it.

Nice to see Khris Davis making the most of his time. Four bombs for him now.

That shot he hit last night was freaking impressive -- as was Scooter's first HR.

Great, Gonzalez loads the bases with one out. Jesus H, we just can't get a break. Little seeing eye hits dinked all over the infield.

He didn't get either out, but Gennett got to both those balls and got off impressive throws. His defense is better than I've read about.

Nothing I've seen from watching Gennett on defense this year conflicts with the general scouting report on him -- average-ish range with a below-average arm for the position. He just doesn't bring good tools to the table on D. Adequate? Sure.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived