Brewer Fanatic

2014 Schedule Tidbits

Vgmastr

With as terrible as this season has gone, is it too early to look ahead to the 2014 schedule? Some tidbits have been released.

According to this article by ESPN Boston, the Brewers will be in Boston for the Red Sox home opener April 4.

Also, according to this article from the Tampa Bay times, the Brewers will travel to Tampa to face the Rays in a three-game series.

Since we know which two teams the Brewers face on the road in interleague next year, we know the Yankees, Blue Jays and Orioles will all be visiting Miller Park in 2014. Two for a three-game series, the other will be a two-game home-and-home.

I think I'd rather play the Orioles and Blue Jays on the road. I think it's been since 2005 that we played the Blue Jays on the road and I believe since 2003 that we played the Orioles on the road. I think the last time we played the Yankees at home was 2005 and I think 2004 for the Red Sox.

In May 2008 we were at Boston as I was there. Boston is a fun town to go to.

I also agree going to Baltimore would be cool. I went there for the first time this year and it was a blast

Yeah, agreed. I just went to my first ever game at Camden Yards in Baltimore last week for one of their games against the Mariners. Food was a bit high priced, but other than that, it was an awesome ballpark and a very cool venue to check out a game.

The last time the Yankees were at Miller Park, I got to see A-Rod hit his career 400th homer. Brewers took the first two games of the series and then the Yankees blew them out in the third. We were at that game with some Yankees fan friends of ours, and I recall remarking late in the game with Carlos Lee at the plate, "This would be a great time for a meaningless home run." Sure enough, El Caballo delivered a bomb.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

My wife and I went to Baltimore just to take a tour of Camden and eat some crabcakes and it was worth it for those two things alone. Got a private tour of the entire park, got to walk around on the field, go in the dugout, etc. It was great and just $15 or so if I recall. It's got some pretty weird areas downtown that we weren't super comfortable in. Luckily I hadn't yet seen The Wire by the time I visited.

I went to Boston in 2011, the last time the Brewers played there. Fantastic city, fantastic ballpark, if you get a chance to go, do it. There were a ton of Brewer fans there, to the point we were asked by multiple Boston fans why so many Brewer fans made the trip, they were comparing it to how Yankee fans travel to Boston. Though since the Brewers are visiting for their home opener, it may be tougher to get tickets.

Last time the Yankees were in town I saw Jane Seymour and ARod walking around downtown. I walked right past them, they were looking for a place to eat lunch. Don't ask me how ARod knows Jane Seymour. When I got back to the office and told people who I saw, someone said that they heard that Seymour was in town that day for some sort of mattress promotion.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

• 4 weeks later...
The last 2 timesEver since joining the National League, every time the brewers played @ fenway, they made the playoffs that year (despite getting dominated in those series)

Just sayin...

Made your stat nugget sound even better.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

I went to Boston in 2011, the last time the Brewers played there. Fantastic city, fantastic ballpark, if you get a chance to go, do it. There were a ton of Brewer fans there, to the point we were asked by multiple Boston fans why so many Brewer fans made the trip, they were comparing it to how Yankee fans travel to Boston. Though since the Brewers are visiting for their home opener, it may be tougher to get tickets.

I had the exact same experience when I was there in 2011. It was easily one of the top 5 Brewers experiences of my life. I was surprised how cool the Red Sox fans were. Really laid back and baseball smart. Not snobby at all. I had a blast and would love to go again.

Archived