Brewer Fanatic

2013-08-09 Brewers (Lohse) at Mariners (Saunders), 9:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 10-5]

First I want to express my love for the city of Seattle. Beautiful, one of my favorite places.

Second, if Bill would actually shut up and watch the replay he would see it hit the guy in the hand wearing a gray shirt.

This looks like the applicable rule:

3.16 When there is spectator interference with any thrown or batted ball, the ball shall

be dead at the moment of interference and the umpire shall impose such penalties as in his

opinion will nullify the act of interference.

APPROVED RULING: If spectator interference clearly prevents a fielder from

catching a fly ball, the umpire shall declare the batter out.

Rule 3.16 Comment: There is a difference between a ball which has been thrown or batted

into the stands, touching a spectator thereby being out of play even though it rebounds onto the field

and a spectator going onto the field or reaching over, under or through a barrier and touching a ball in

play or touching or otherwise interfering with a player. In the latter case it is clearly intentional and

shall be dealt with as intentional interference as in Rule 3.15. Batter and runners shall be placed where

in the umpire’s judgment they would have been had the interference not occurred.

So it's not like a ground rule double where the runner has to go back to 3d. The umpire has to make a judgment about what would have happened had there been no interference. So the umpires would have had to make a judgment that Gomez would not have scored if the ball hadn't been touched. I'm listenening not watching but it seems like that's a pretty tough call to make so I can see Roenicke having a legitimate beef.

If it's not intentional interference then I think it would be treated as if the fielder had thrown it into the stands and Gomez scores anyway.

Either way it's good it didn't matter.

It is definitely bringing back some memories seeing the Brewers play the Mariners. That used to be a nice rivalry between two very bad teams. I still love those Griffey/Randy Johnson Mariners teams from back in the day. Yuni!!

My fantasy team just can't do any worse. My opponent, who is in first place, has Lohse going tonight, so he'll get the win, and a quality start. And none of the damage is coming from Segura or Lucroy.

I just can't win. My team has been decimated by injuries and having Braun suspended.

I've lost:

Ryan Braun

Yadier Molina (I picked up Lucroy, but of course, as soon as I do, he turns ice cold)

David Wright

Matt Moore

Jason Marquis

Domonic Brown (just got him back)

Troy Tulowitzki missed a month (I will never draft him again. He's great when he's in the lineup, but he misses too much time).

Wil Myers has been a godsend. Without him, my outfield would be just awful right now. Carlos Gomez is ice cold, so I had to bench him.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Archived