Brewer Fanatic

Alex Rios to Rangers

jjkoestler

I was listening to the DFW ESPN guys this afternoon on the drive home and they were universally happy about this. I guess when you don't care at all about money, it looks good, but they won't be so happy when the team passes on free agents this winter because they owe him $13.5MM next year at 33 years old.

Leury Garcia has big speed, and plenty of D, he also has a career .657 OPS in the minor leagues, which is why Milwaukee didn't take Texas' offer for Greinke, which Garcia was in.

Texas has traded a guy they won't miss, because they're stacked with middle infielders, and they've filled an obvious need...IF, the good version of Rios shows up in Arlington.

Boston didn't give up anyone they'll miss to get Peavy, and now this, if you can afford to take on money in a deal, you get to keep your best prospects I guess.

Archived