Brewer Fanatic

Brian Anderson's Future?

JohnBriggs12
Coshun is definitely waiting in the wings, but I'm somewhat heartened by the fact that they once passed over a local fill-in guy (Kasper). I would not be surprised to see Sutton back in the mix either, if he didn't burn bridges last time.

I like Kasper a lot. He talks about (and understands) advanced metrics a lot.

Sutton was the absolute worst.

Amen.

Him and Mark Grace were absolutely loved out here, there is a thread over on DBBP (Dbacks forum) dedicated to "boycotting" The Dbacks until they were brought back on the air. They have always pushed that "cutesy" carnival type atmosphere out here so I suppose they fit in well. Personally I thought they were both worse than nails on a chalkboard

Formerly AirShuttle6104

Amen.

Him and Mark Grace were absolutely loved out here, there is a thread over on DBBP (Dbacks forum) dedicated to "boycotting" The Dbacks until they were brought back on the air. They have always pushed that "cutesy" carnival type atmosphere out here so I suppose they fit in well. Personally I thought they were both worse than nails on a chalkboard

Where is Sutton now? He disappeared like a mafia informant from what I can tell.

I believe when he got canned or whatever (did he resign? I don't remember) he had to sign a non-disclosure agreement or something about the incident and also signed something to prevent him from getting another MLB job for a certain length of time.

I don't know any specifics as you can see, but I vaguely remember something similar to this.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I guess I'm in the minority in that I like D. Sutton. Matt V. was probably my favorite Brewer TV announcer. I loved that Schroeder did not get 90% of the references that he would make.

Last night BA made a reference to the song "Deep in the hart of Texas" and Schroeder had no idea what he was talking about. Sometimes I get the feeling that Bill knows 4 songs, has seen maybe 3 movies and has never watched TV.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

I liked Schroeder last night:

Anderson: Lefties batting .119 vs. Chapman.

Schroeder: You know what that tells me Brian? That lefties are due against Chapman.

Me: Facepalm

Of course Aoki immediately singled, and I can just imagine Schroeder nodding his head. What a dope.

Bill Schroeder is correct in that situation. As Drew Olson would gladly explain to you, if you have flipped 10 heads in a row, you can be pretty sure that the next one is coming up tails. Brian Anderson just doesn't know what he is talking about.

• 2 weeks later...
Who caught Brian saying you could make a case for Brandon Phillips getting MVP votes? Either a straight up troll or idiot, maybe both.

Yeah...I straightened up, looked cock-eyed at the TV, shook my head and went back to reading Twitter......

Bill Schroeder is correct in that situation. As Drew Olson would gladly explain to you, if you have flipped 10 heads in a row, you can be pretty sure that the next one is coming up tails. Brian Anderson just doesn't know what he is talking about.

Or, you can use a term like "regression to the mean" and sound smrt, and everybody will nod their head. Stat heads hate it when people say "he's due," but LOVE regression to the mean.

I don't think you understand regression. Being due and regression are not the same thing.

It's the same thing. Obviously, nobody can predict what's going to happen in the next individual moment, but the concept of "he's due" and "regression to the mean" is exactly the same thing.

I don't think you understand regression. Being due and regression are not the same thing.

Alright, so you have the "mean" which has been established through an incredibly large dataset with predictable variables. A small sample is occurring that deviates from that mean, so it can be reasonably assumed that it will not continue to be the case and the numbers will "regress to the mean." Someone smart but not stat savvy is watching that small sample as it is happening. He doesn't know the terms, and he doesn't know if the actual mean from the larger dataset, but he knows from experience that things are out of whack, and he says that it'll turn around by saying "he's due"

I'll admit, they aren't EXACTLY the same thing, as saying "he's due" isn't based on data, it's based on experience, but concept behind the terms is exactly the same thing. Of course, when you get into the details of the number of variables involved in a given situation, you'll often find that data cannot (or at least has not yet) taken into account ALL of the variables that a very experienced person can take in. Now, if we can get over these differences and allow the experienced people to talk to the number nerds in order to test out those variables, then we really have something. We've seen that a lot in the last 10 years.

Still, chicks dig the long ball.

Archived