Brewer Fanatic

Here's a question I hate to ask (about PEDs/suspensions)

The stache

Between eight to twelve more players are supposedly going to be suspended tomorrow morning, per ESPN (ya, I know, I know. I shouldn't put much faith into them). But I think this is likely.

We've been focusing so much on Ryan Braun's PED issues. Here's a really ugly question. Could there be another Brewer player named tomorrow?

I don't want to even think about this, but if one player in our locker room was using, isn't it at least possible that there was another?

Thinking about this makes me a little sick to my stomach, but it's something to talk about.

Somebody please tell me that I'm grasping at straws.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Between eight to twelve more players are supposedly going to be suspended tomorrow morning, per ESPN (ya, I know, I know. I shouldn't put much faith into them). But I think this is likely.

We've been focusing so much on Ryan Braun's PED issues. Here's a really ugly question. Could there be another Brewer player named tomorrow?

I don't want to even think about this, but if one player in our locker room was using, isn't it at least possible that there was another?

Thinking about this makes me a little sick to my stomach, but it's something to talk about.

I can't tell you how you're supposed to feel. If there was another Brewer, or even three, why would you feel different than you do now?

Maybe if it was Lucroy, or Gomez, or Segura, or Aoki I guess that would make me pay attention. I guess because I think they're the only guys worth watching. But otherwise, I don't think I'd get too worked up if other Brewers were suspended.

you're grasping at straws

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

FOX Sports has released a list of players that have accepted 50 game bans, and no other Brewers. Good. Maybe now the Brewers can truly move on as a franchise.
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

This may be wrong of me, but does it mean anything that Braun is the only non-latino to get suspended???

I think that's a question that has to be asked and something I've been wondering myself since the beginning. Every player involved in this whole thing is Hispanic except for Braun. I don't know what it means but it seems odd to me.

It is curious. I suspect that much of it has to do with the Miami connection to the Caribbean and Braun's connection to Miami.

Further, if I were living in the DR and I could significantly raise my chances of getting out of poverty, feeding my family, etc., I'd be juicing up with whatever questionable stuff I can get my hands on. The economic incentives faced by players from the DR (or even very poor inner-city Americans) are different than those faced by middle-upper class folks when it comes to PEDs, so it shouldn't be surprising if the adherence rate is different between these groups.

little do we know, MLB investigators found documentation that Ryan Braun had his name changed from Rian Brauntos when he was 11 years old

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

little do we know, MLB investigators found documentation that Ryan Braun had his name changed from Rian Brauntos when he was 11 years old

In that same document, it was also noted that he is 47 years old.

This may be wrong of me, but does it mean anything that Braun is the only non-latino to get suspended???

I think that's a question that has to be asked and something I've been wondering myself since the beginning. Every player involved in this whole thing is Hispanic except for Braun. I don't know what it means but it seems odd to me.

It's quite obviously because of the Miami connection.

The majority of players suspended for performance enhancing drugs since 2005 have been Hispanic players. I am not sure if it has any validity, but I know there is a theory that foreign players are typically caught more often because they aren't as adept at the cover-up given communication barriers they face in the United States. Like I said it may not have any basis, but I have heard the idea discussed.

Not just “at Night” anymore.

The majority of players suspended for performance enhancing drugs since 2005 have been Hispanic players. I am not sure if it has any validity, but I know there is a theory that foreign players are typically caught more often because they aren't as adept at the cover-up given communication barriers they face in the United States. Like I said it may not have any basis, but I have heard the idea discussed.

A couple of years ago this is what David Ortiz said. The hispanic players go back home in the offseason and don't know what they can and cannot take.

I'm sure its simply the Miami connection. The latino players have the obvious connection to the city and Braun had his connection for the women (his words, not mine).

Do you have a link? I am just curious - is that why he picked to go to the U of Miami? I had never heard that before.

I'm sure its simply the Miami connection. The latino players have the obvious connection to the city and Braun had his connection for the women (his words, not mine).

Do you have a link? I am just curious - is that why he picked to go to the U of Miami? I had never heard that before.

really? I dont know anyone who goes to U of Miami for anything but one type of education

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

Braun's wikipedia page:

Offered scholarships by Stanford University and the University of California, Berkeley, he instead attended the University of Miami on an academic scholarship, due to his high school grades.[8] He chose Miami for its academics, its athletics, and its social scene, noting: "I think the girls were the deal closer on the recruiting trip."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ryan_Braun

A couple of years ago this is what David Ortiz said. The hispanic players go back home in the offseason and don't know what they can and cannot take.

If only players had resources like the players' union & legal/contractual representation...

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

really? I dont know anyone who goes to U of Miami for anything but one type of education

The U of Miami generally is known as a good school, but it keeps coming up short with regard to character issues beyond just its football. It's known for its jazz studies. One of my professional friends went to the U of Miami and told the story about a razor once falling out of one of his professor's briefcases. When I asked why that was significant, he explained that a razor in that situation is a giveaway for cocaine use.

I have a sister-in-law who grew up her whole life in Florida and who believes that nothing good comes from Miami and Miami equates to seedy behaviors and mistrust. Now, she's pretty level-headed about most anything. So it does say a lot that her distaste for Miami is that strong.

Sorry to wander a bit re: the topic, but these things have been going through my mind a lot as this whole thing has unfolded.

It wasn't just his Miami connection. He had an A-Rod connection (through Miami) before he was drafted. A-Rod probably mentioned Biogenesis once or twice to Braun. Or Braun simply came out and asked A-Rod about something to help him recover from injuries. That may be why he was unwilling to talk, he doesn't want to have to answer about how he got started on the stuff. I think Braun will talk if A-Rod loses his suspension and no longer needs cover.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Archived