Brewer Fanatic

40-man roster discussion

DHonks
brandon kintzler designated for assignment. because he's been outrighted once before, he has the right to declare free agency should no other team claim him or the brewers do not work out a trade for him. the roster is back at 38.

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Suppose it's fine to be a couple spots under if you're just clearing dead weight and giving guys with some upside a shot. Just as long as Melvin isn't working on a trade for "Major League ready" prospects that would re-waste the open spots.

As I noted earlier. I 'feel' Counsell is very quick to letting Doug know about guys that are just not up to it. Schafer lasted like 2 games with Craig. And Schafer is struggling at AAA. So, honestly, somehom Doug and Mark and RRR thought Logan was indeed the best 5th outfielder. So we can now line up Peterson and Schafer. And we can see Scooter has hit the ground running at AAA. So, the hope for me is the AAA squad will be a place to give some of our dead wood a last chance. If relievers go down there and put in 6 eras. Well, they dont deserve to be in Milwaukee... do they. Similarly, .750 batters at Colorado should not be in Milwaukee.

What I did notice was the great start Jungmann put up. But too late. AFTER Wager got the call. I really hope the AAA and AA guys SEE their chance. And if they cant perform now, well, likely they never will

infielder hernan perez claimed from the tigers. elian herrera designated for assignment. herrera has the right to declare free agency if the brewers do not work out a trade or another team claims him.

it appears that perez has no minor league options remaining, as he was optioned in 2012, 2013 and 2014 by the tigers.

the 40-man remains at capacity.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
domingo santana takes one of the vacated spots on the 40-man roster. he will enter 2016 with one minor league option remaining. the roster stands at 38 players, with plans for the brewers to select the contract of elian herrera. if that happens, barring no further transactions, the roster will stand at 39.

with the jonathan broxton trade official, the roster is at 38 (the brewers did select the contract of elian herrera). the gerardo parra trade for minor leaguer zach davies is not official yet. if it is, the roster will be at 37.

unless replacing an injured player placed on the disabled list, goforth (or any other player) must remain optioned for at least 10 days.

tyler cravy was optioned on 20 july, so he can be recalled. goforth was optioned on 28 july.

the gerardo parra trade is official. the roster is at 37.

tyler thornburg recalled, and another player (likely traveling from new orleans where the sky sox currently are) expected to arrive before game time to fill the 25th roster spot.

with today's outright of hector gomez, the roster is at 37.

the brewers certainly plan to add a number of prospects to the 40-man roster this offseason; these current vacancies could mean giving some guys a shot in september on the major league roster.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
it did, I was a witness to his face being on the 40-man

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Archived