Brewer Fanatic

40-man roster discussion

DHonks
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

brandon kintzler designated for assignment. elian herrera had his contract selected and is back on the 40-man roster. herrera has no minor league options remaining. if the brewers try to send him down again and no other team claims him, he has the right to declare free agency as he has been outrighted before.

the 40-man roster remains full.

• 2 weeks later...
I suppose Kintzler was the best option by default. I'd be searching the waiver wire. Blake Parker anyone? Never want to see Wooten in a Brewer uniform again.

Wooten is a glaring example of just how poorly this franchise has been at drafting pitching. That our minor league system has drafted pitching so badly that Wooten was given multiple chances on the big league roster. The Brewers have not only been miserable at drafting/developing starting pitching, they've even struggled to just draft multiple guys to be quality relief pitchers.

• 2 weeks later...
Any idea why they would free up a 40 man spot now? There doesn't appear to be anybody in the minors that they need to make room for. Maybe Nevin Ashley if they are fed up with the catching situation.

Any idea why they would free up a 40 man spot now? There doesn't appear to be anybody in the minors that they need to make room for. Maybe Nevin Ashley if they are fed up with the catching situation.

I assume there is some risk of losing him by taking him off the 40, right? So my guess is they thought this was the time of year and with his particular situation, they could most easily slip Jim Henderson through without him being taken by another team. And if you can do it, even if you don't have a corresponding move in mind, hey you have cleared a spot for later on when you will need that spot.

Wow wonder why theyre freeing up the roster spots

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Here you go.....

User Actions

Following

Ken RosenthalVerified account

‏@Ken_Rosenthal

Sources: #Brewers recalling RHP Tyler Wagner to start Sunday’s game. Fourth round pick in 2012, 5-1 with a 2.01 ERA at Double A.

I am into that

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Archived