Brewer Fanatic

40-man roster discussion

DHonks
  • Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply
wei-chung wang optioned to class a brevard county today. he will enter 2016 spring training with two minor league options remaining. knowing he was destined to be optioned, he has stated that his goal is to recalled in september of this year.

corey knebel and taylor jungmann optioned today. both can be sent up and down this year. knebel will enter 2016 spring training with one minor league option remaining, and jungmann will enter 2016 with two options remaining.

Sardinas struggled for the most part offensively but had a couple of really good games going 4/4 in one and 3/3 in another. Hopefully he can gain some offensive consistency in the minors.

Edit: Never mind, wrong thread.

Brewer Fanatic Staff
Sardinas struggled for the most part offensively but had a couple of really good games going 4/4 in one and 3/3 in another. Hopefully he can gain some offensive consistency in the minors.

He was the guy that spiked a throw about 15 yards in front of him last year, right? Even ignoring that, he didn't look halfway comfortable in the OF when he was out there to my untrained eye.

No that was Elian Herrera

The games I mentioned were this spring for Sardinas not last year. Herrera did go 5/5 against the Cardinals last year, along with the bad throw.

Don't know what happened. I meant that post to go to the Herrera thread. Must have started drinking earlier today.

the last time the brewers did not open the season with a non-roster invitee making the club?

2008. in every year since, at least one player on a minor league contract has made the opening day roster. chris perez, matt long and elian herrera have to be feeling good about that.

So our first baseman for 2015 is:

LindGoodBackRightHandPitcher, LucroyLindGoodBackLeftHandPitcher, ParraLindBadBackForALittleWhileRightHandPitcher, JimenezLindHaveARestLeftHandPitcher, MaldyOnceInAWhileForFunBecauseHeWillDoAnythingAsked

It does seem we have not planned for LindBadBackForMoreThanACoupleOfDays

This probably destroys Morris's future. I thought he would be every day AAA first baseman. Now that will go with Clark. And Rogers at third.

LindGoodBackRightHandPitcher, LucroyLindGoodBackLeftHandPitcher, ParraLindBadBackForALittleWhileRightHandPitcher, JimenezLindHaveARestLeftHandPitcher, MaldyOnceInAWhileForFunBecauseHeWillDoAnythingAsked

any of those are going to look awesome in calligraphy on the line up card.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

any of those are going to look awesome in calligraphy on the line up card.

Excellent.... just excellent. :laughing

It does seem we have not planned for LindBadBackForMoreThanACoupleOfDays

This probably destroys Morris's future. I thought he would be every day AAA first baseman. Now that will go with Clark. And Rogers at third.

Morris' future (not in Brewer system, hardly "destroyed") seems to me to have been a foregone conclusion since Clark heated up in AAA last year. The entire AAA roster is left handed hitters as it is.

Brewer Fanatic Staff
matt clark and jason rogers will enter 2016 spring training each with two minor league options remaining. rob wooten will enter 2016 spring training with one minor league option remaining.

Actually, just one for Rogers, who was optioned in 2014 as well.

Archived