Brewer Fanatic

Bud Norris to Baltimore

splitterpfj

Houston gets minor leaguers LJ Hoes, and Josh Hader, plus Baltimore's Competitive Balance pick, which is the second pick following round one.

Baltimore is reviewing some sort of issue on Norris' medicals, which could lead to a change in the second prospect they send to Houston.

Is it just me or did Baltimore give more to get k-rod then they did to get bud? Hoes is a nice player but he's essentially Logan Schafer but not quite as good defensively- just from what I've heard, I don't know Baltimore's farm system that well. Hader looks like he might be pretty good though.

Houston gets minor leaguers LJ Hoes, and Josh Hader, plus Baltimore's Competitive Balance pick, which is the second pick following round one.

Baltimore is reviewing some sort of issue on Norris' medicals, which could lead to a change in the second prospect they send to Houston.

FWIW, his medicals must not sound too bad. He's starting tomorrow against the Astros, lol.

Is it just me or did Baltimore give more to get k-rod then they did to get bud? Hoes is a nice player but he's essentially Logan Schafer but not quite as good defensively- just from what I've heard, I don't know Baltimore's farm system that well. Hader looks like he might be pretty good though.

Hoes is more glove than bat so far, he's a guy who can probably play all three outfield spots, and he "might" hit in the big leagues. He's, "nice", not exciting.

I suppose it depends on whether or not either of the other prospects winds up helping Houston, but you're right, Delmonico is more highly regarded than Hoes.

FWIW, his medicals must not sound too bad. He's starting tomorrow against the Astros, lol.

Yep, you're right, this is just Baltimore hedging their bet, the Rangers did the same thing in the Garza deal, and the Cubs wound up having to replace Rougned Odor with a lesser prospect because of it, even though Garza is doing just fine at the moment.

Houston has lowered its payroll to $17 million right now, with $5 million of that being paid to Wandy in Pittsburgh. They have a 40-man roster getting paid $11 MILLION DOLLARS with EVERY player but Eric Bedard being still in arbitration years. LOLOLOLOL

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Archived