Brewer Fanatic

2013-07-30 Brewers (Thornburg) at Cubs (Arrieta), 7:05 PM CDT [Game 2, Brewers snatch victory from jaws of defeat, win 3-2]

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/logos/brewers.png[/logo][game-info][h1]July 30 | 7:05 P.M.[/h1][h2]Brewers (45-61) | Cubs (48-57)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/logos/cubs.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/pitchers/brewers/thornburg-01.jpghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/pitchers/cubs/arrieta-01.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][h2]1-0, 2.95 ERA, 1.20 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Cubs | Game Log[/h3][h3]The 24-year-old entered the season as MLB.com's top Brewers prospect, but for the second straight season, he has slipped into organizational no-man's land. Is he a starter? A middle reliever? A closer in the making?[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][h2]1-2, 7.23 ERA, 1.77 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Arrieta, acquired from the Orioles in the Scott Feldman deal July 2, will make his Cubs debut in the second game of the doubleheader. He tuned up Thursday for Triple-A Iowa, giving up one run on four hits in 6 2/3 innings and striking out eight.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. RF Logan Schafer
  2. SS Jeff Bianchi
  3. C Jonathan Lucroy
  4. CF Carlos Gomez
  5. LF Khris Davis
  6. 1B Juan Francisco
  7. 3B Yuniesky Betancourt
  8. 2B Scooter Gennett
  9. P Tyler Thornburg

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. CF David DeJesus
  2. LF Junior Lake
  3. 1B Anthony Rizzo
  4. C Dioner Navarro
  5. 2B Luis Valbuena
  6. SS Starlin Castro
  7. 3B Cody Ransom
  8. RF Cole Gillespie
  9. P Jake Arrieta

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

gotta really feel good about thornburg's MLB performance this year

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

He's only pitched 18 innings coming into today.

yeah? he pitched 22 last season, and looks a million times better this year than last, so...

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

Say what you want about the TWO errors and a PB in the inning, but pitching to Dejesus there with 1 out and 1b open was just another typical RR move that makes it harder for us to win games. Walk him to load the bases, setup the double play, the force at home, etc. Especially when the guy on deck has shown to be a somewhat free swinger.

His refusal to ever intentionally walk people is just stupid.

RRR's wonderful world of ABB baseball ... always be buntin. Already got our man on second, stop giving up strikes and outs on the pipe dream of perfectly executed successful sacrifices. (Which would only be for the tie, anyways.)
"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

Wolf is all over the place tonight. Right now, I'll take it.

To me, he's been super consistent. Off the plate a couple inches at belt height is a strike, down the middle but low edge of the zone is a ball. Seems like it's been that way all game.

EDIT: I'll grant you, there have been a couple belt high pitches on the black called balls in the Brewers favor. Partly, the Cubs catcher is terrible at framing pitches. Sloppy glove work, moves with pitch further out of the zone, gives up on clise pitches with bad body language.

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

Nice day of baseball, espically given the season.

I'm going to go out on a limb and declare that the Brewers may eventually regard today's game action as a season highlight...which says a lot about 2013. Hated rival, never gave up, clutchiness, grit.

That hit of Bianchi's was so Cubs. Oh, man. Kudos to those of you who attended these games, or even just one.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Is there still cubs hate out there?

I can't get past my undying hatred for the Cardinals to even have the energy to waste on hating the cubs. Maybe when they become a threat again someday, but they are so hapless right now (like us), I feel no hate.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I can't get past my undying hatred for the Cardinals to even have the energy to waste on hating the cubs. Maybe when they become a threat again someday, but they are so hapless right now (like us), I feel no hate.

I pity them more than I hate them

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

I pity them more than I hate them

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

Archived