Brewer Fanatic

What movie do you quote the most?

RobDeer 45

Major League

The Sandlot

Any number of 70s/80s comedies already mentioned, I have hard time with the newer spoof/comedies, they just aren't all that funny.

Empire Records

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Meow, this is a good question.

I'll have to think about it for a few minutes, but right meow, off the top of meow head, I'd have to say Super Troopers.

You wanna play The Repeater?

Did that once, while we were taking tickets for a group campsite for a tournament. One guy would walk up to the car and ask "How many tents for you guys tonight?" And I'd walk up and do the same thing right next to him.

It was pretty awesome... considering he'd never seen Super Troopers.

Also, "That'll happen" followed by someone echoing "That will happen." is quite often said amongst my friends.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Meow, this is a good question.

I'll have to think about it for a few minutes, but right meow, off the top of meow head, I'd have to say Super Troopers.

You wanna play The Repeater?

Did that once, while we were taking tickets for a group campsite for a tournament. One guy would walk up to the car and ask "How many tents for you guys tonight?" And I'd walk up and do the same thing right next to him.

It was pretty awesome... considering he'd never seen Super Troopers.

Also, "That'll happen" followed by someone echoing "That will happen." is quite often said amongst my friends.

That's pretty cool. I've never (yet) had a real-world opportunity to play it!

"Oh, biker. I'm an idiot" comes out of my mouth quite frequently in the summer #SuperTroopers

:laughing

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

UHF, and it's not even close. Sadly, not enough people have any idea what I'm talking about.

We eat red snapper somewhat regularly, and my wife will now beat me to it and say "I know, veeeery tasty".

When someone states their last name as McIntyre (e.g., Jamie McIntyre on NPR), I correct them in my head with "McInTOSH, at your service".

UHF, and it's not even close. Sadly, not enough people have any idea what I'm talking about.

We eat red snapper somewhat regularly, and my wife will now beat me to it and say "I know, veeeery tasty".

When someone states their last name as McIntyre (e.g., Jamie McIntyre on NPR), I correct them in my head with "McInTOSH, at your service".

man, I love that movie.

Watch it with the DVD commentary sometime. It's pretty funny.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Most of the movies I quote from have already been listed..the classic quotable comedies..Anchorman, Caddyshack, etc. Others that I quote especially with my son (drives my wife crazy):

Idiocracy..."What's the minus of 30 and 20", "I thought there were 2 of you"

Breakfast Club..."P,B, and J with the crust cut off", "I am the eyes and ears of this institution my friends"

Back to the Future.."Marty!", "I am your density"

Stripes.."The name is Francis Sawyer....", "Have that removed", "It's a little Cute" (there are a ton of lines in this one that I quote from time to time)

Ferris Bueller's day off...."They think he's a righteous dude" and of course "Bueller....Bueller"

So I married an Axe Murderer (mainly the scottish father)..."Head! Move!", "Oh how I hated the Colonel with his weee beety little eyes"

Of course if you add TV, Seinfeld by far is my most quoted of anything. Also, there is an odd web video that someone posted on this site a few years ago called "This is my Milwaukee". Now that my son is in high school and I know he has the same type of humor that I do, I showed it to him a couple of weeks ago. He's constantly quoting that now.

Also quote Brian Regan a ton!

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Not even 1 vote for The Godfather? "This is the business we have chosen."

But #1 by a long shot is Casablanca. Round up the usual suspects. I'm shocked shocked to hear that gambling is going on here. You hate me don't you Rick? If I gave you any thought I probably would. I'll be here at 6. I'll be here at 10. Here's looking at you kid. We'll always have Paris. What watch leibchen? 10 watch. Where were you last night? That was too long ago; I don't remember. Will I see you tonight? I don't make plans that far ahead. Louis I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship. What brought you here Rick? I came here for the waters. But there are no waters in Casablanca; we're in the desert. I was misinformed. Pretty much every line is a greatest hit.

I do hear Stay classy San Diego around here a lot. Especially now, ugh.

I use a few quotes from some of the movies already mentioned on occasion:

Planes, Trains, and Automobiles - "You're going the wrong way!" "How do they know where we're going?"

Airplane - "Get a hold of yourself!"

Major League - "Juuust a bit outside"

But most often when I quote something, it is Family Guy.

"A boat's a boat but a mystery box could be anything... It could even be a boat!"

"Learn to love the gas Meg. Love it!!" (my wife doesn't appreciate that one)

"Top men." "Who?" "Top.... Men"

"Ooh, piece of candy"

"Do you have the expressed written permission of the NFL and ABC??" "Just ABC..."

Most quoted is Tommy Boy.

Tommy: [Trying to copy his father's quote] Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's ass by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather to take his word for it?

Mr. Brady, Customer: [confused] What? I'm failing to make the connection here.

Tommy: No, I mean is, you can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking your head up a butcher's ass... No, wait. It's gotta be your bull.

Richard: [embarrassed] Wow.

I use the "No, wait. It's gotta be your bull." line all the time...good call!

@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

I use that one too.

Basically multiple conversations with me in a week will result in a half dozen Tommy Boy quotes (not necessarily used as quotes, at this point I can fit them into a normal sentence) as well as Simpsons references (all earlier seasons, I haven't watched it in about 5 years)

Most quoted is Tommy Boy.

Tommy: [Trying to copy his father's quote] Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's ass by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather to take his word for it?

Mr. Brady, Customer: [confused] What? I'm failing to make the connection here.

Tommy: No, I mean is, you can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking your head up a butcher's ass... No, wait. It's gotta be your bull.

Richard: [embarrassed] Wow.

I use the "No, wait. It's gotta be your bull." line all the time...good call!

I do as well. Anytime someone is having a hard time spitting a sentence out I say that or "you can get a good look at T-bone...."

Archived