Brewer Fanatic

What movie do you quote the most?

RobDeer 45

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Caddyshack has to be top 3 for me. I use lines from that all the time. I used a lot of Major League in the past but not as much lately. I think the others in the running for me are:

Great Outdoors

Christmas Vacation

Tommy Boy

Old School

Anchorman

Meow, this is a good question.

I'll have to think about it for a few minutes, but right meow, off the top of meow head, I'd have to say Super Troopers.

Considering I have pretty much the entirety of Forrest Gump memorized, that one comes up quite a bit as well.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Seinfeld (TV show, but #1 for me easily)

Vacation (original)

Caddyshack

Not sure about the rest. Lines come to me out of nowhere sometimes, just comes out and hard to really think about what movies they all come from.

I did see "Great Outdoors" mentioned. I only use one line from that movie, but I use it just about every time someone uses the word "local." My reply? (You don't know how local I am!)

Mine are the 80s comedies....Airplane!, Stripes, Blue Brothers, Animal House, Fletch, Caddyshack, etc

Some favorites...

"Thank you very little" after making a birdie/eagle in golf

"Put it on the Underhills" and "I'll have a steak sandwich and a....steak sandwich" (as a country club member, these are huge quotes)

"So I've got that going for me...which is nice"

"we could do that...we don't even need a reason for that."

I quote the Simpsons much more than any movie ever, but I would like to use this thread to say that I understood Brewerfan posters so much more once I'd finally seen Anchorman from beginning to end. So. Much. More.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I'm a lot like some others here. I'll use quotes from so many movies at any given time. Usually someone will say something that just begs to be answered with a line from a great movie (usually a comedy.) And they just come out of me without thinking. Sometimes it has nearly got me into trouble as the "straight man" in the conversation ends up giving me a look to kill and I have to explain that it's a movie quote.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

For movies, probably the Big Lebowski, and not every quote has the colorful language that the movie is known for. For example...

"You got it, Dude."

"Donny, you're out of your element!"

"Your phone's ringing, Dude." (happens to be my ringtone)

"Calmer than you are."

I would say I quote the Simpsons more than anything, however.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Man, hard to name just one:

Caddyshack

Fletch

Are probably the two I quote the most. Others: Stripes, Dumb and Dumber, Zoolander, Anchorman, Big Lebowski

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Mine are the 80s comedies....Airplane!, Stripes, Blue Brothers, Animal House, Fletch, Caddyshack, etc

Some favorites...

"Thank you very little" after making a birdie/eagle in golf

"Put it on the Underhills" and "I'll have a steak sandwich and a....steak sandwich" (as a country club member, these are huge quotes)

"So I've got that going for me...which is nice"

"we could do that...we don't even need a reason for that."

Ha, awesome stuff and I use those lines all the time!

JJKoestler - Didn't even think about Sopranos, I quote that so much!

WOW! I'm ashamed of myself for not saying Big Lebowski on my initial list!!! That might be the winner. Probably the movie that I have seen the most in my life!

"Well....that's like..... your opinion man."

Airplane is far in first for me, followed by Blazing Saddles.

Between this and your avatar, I wonder if we were separated at birth...

Ahh, somebody who appreciates the true classics! Randolph Scott!!

EDIT: I forgot to add the partial inspiration for my handle here: Strange Brew.

Meow, this is a good question.

I'll have to think about it for a few minutes, but right meow, off the top of meow head, I'd have to say Super Troopers.

You wanna play The Repeater?

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived