Brewer Fanatic

CHW trade RHRP Jesse Crain to TBR for cash &/or P(s)TBNL

TooLiveBrew

MLBTradeRumors piece, full of tweets from sportswriters trying to make sense of the details.

Another team fulfills its desire for bullpen reinforcements. Really hoping the Brewers are able to cash in on the chance to sell high on guys like González, Axford, & Henderson.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I'm at the point thinking Gonzalez has pitched his way out of a trade possiblity. It's like every single Brewer trade piece not named KRod has done this season.

I'm curious about Crain's trade because the rumor before it happened was there was a 3rd team involved? Tampa has til Sept 15th on the PTBNL and my guess is the value is depending on if Crain returns not only healthy/but to form and is available for the Playoffs, if he makes the roster in time to be added to it.

Oh and Axford giving up runs like Gonzalez at the wrong time too!

I'm very curious what TB gives up for Crain on his highest return to the White Sox. Just based on the fact Tampa hasn't really traded away prospects too often of any value.

Archived