Brewer Fanatic

2013-07-29 Brewers (Lohse) at Cubs (Samardzija), 7:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 5-0]

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/logos/brewers.png[/logo][game-info][h1]July 29 | 7:05 P.M.[/h1][h2]Brewers (43-61) | Cubs (48-55)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/logos/cubs.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/pitchers/brewers/lohse-16.jpghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/pitchers/cubs/samardzija-02.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][h2]7-7, 3.37 ERA, 1.12 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Cubs | Game Log[/h3][h3]A win over the Padres evened Lohse's win-loss record for the first time since late April, and he registered his team-leading 13th quality start. He lowered his ERA to 3.37, and over his last 11 starts, he is 6-1 with a 2.49 ERA.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][h2]6-9, 3.94 ERA, 1.31 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Samardzija threw a season-high 118 pitches and walked five over 5 2/3 innings in his last outing vs. the D-backs, which resulted in the early exit. He may prefer to pitch on the road. He has a 1.93 ERA in 37 1/3 innings in his last five road games.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. 2B Rickie Weeks
  2. RF 青木 宣親
  3. C Jonathan Lucroy
  4. SS Jean Segura
  5. C Jonathan Lucroy
  6. CF Carlos Gomez
  7. LF Caleb Gindl
  8. 1B Juan Francisco
  9. 3B Jeff Bianchi
  10. P Kyle Lohse

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. CF David DeJesus
  2. LF Junior Lake
  3. 1B Anthony Rizzo
  4. RF Nate Schierholtz
  5. SS Starlin Castro
  6. 3B Luis Valbuena
  7. 2B Darwin Barney
  8. C Welington Castillo
  9. P Jeff Samardzija

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

I was in the give Francisco pt camp, but I am not so sure anymore. He has a ton of potential but he is just not a smart player, and strikes me as lazy and disinterested.

He has raw strength, raw power, & is a left-handed bat. Imo that's as close to "potential" as he's got. He's a bad defender (NO idea why clubs stuck with him so long at 3B) & not a good contact hitter.

It's a sad commentary on the state of the Brewers that he's getting regular playing time.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

I was in the give Francisco pt camp, but I am not so sure anymore. He has a ton of potential but he is just not a smart player, and strikes me as lazy and disinterested.

He has raw strength, raw power, & is a left-handed bat. Imo that's as close to "potential" as he's got. He's a bad defender (NO idea why clubs stuck with him so long at 3B) & not a good contact hitter.

It's a sad commentary on the state of the Brewers that he's getting regular playing time.

Agree, I should have worded my post differently. He has a ton of power potential.

I would like to see Halton man 1st the rest of the year.

Agree, I should have worded my post differently. He has a ton of power potential.

I would like to see Halton man 1st the rest of the year.

Sorry, I didn't mean for my post to pick on yours as much as it did. Mostly I just wanted to vent about how annoying Francisco is (imo) at this point.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Continue to be impressed by Gindl. After the April he had and being passed over by Davis and Prince his status as a Brewer was unclear. He continued to get better in the minors as the year went on and after an initial slow start in the bigs has really hit well since coming back. He is still only 24 and makes it a lot easier to trade Aoki if they get a decent offer as I wouldn't mind seeing him start in 2014.

Archived