Brewer Fanatic

2013-07-27 Brewers (Gorzelanny) at Rockies (McHugh), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 7-5]

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/logos/brewers.png[/logo][game-info][h1]July 27 | 7:10 P.M.[/h1][h2]Brewers (42-60) | Rockies (50-54)[/h2][h3]FSWI | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/logos/rockies.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/pitchers/brewers/gorzelanny-03.jpghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/pitchers/rockies/mchugh-01.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][h2]1-4, 2.47 ERA, 1.10 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Rockies | Game Log[/h3][h3]Gorzelanny will make his fifth start for the Brewers against a team he has a career 8.64 ERA against in four starts and six relief appearances. He had allowed one earned run in his first three starts but gave up five in 5 2/3 innings in his last one.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][h2]0-1, 10.29 ERA, 2.14 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]McHugh, with solid Triple-A numbers pitching in high altitude in both Las Vegas and Colorado Springs, moves into the rotation to replace Drew Pomeranz, who was ineffective before suffering left shoulder soreness.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. 2B Rickie Weeks
  2. RF 青木 宣親
  3. SS Jean Segura
  4. C Jonathan Lucroy
  5. CF Carlos Gomez
  6. LF Caleb Gindl
  7. 1B Juan Francisco
  8. 3B Yuniesky Betancourt
  9. P Tom Gorzelanny

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. CF Dexter Fowler
  2. 2B DJ LeMahieu
  3. SS Troy Tulowitzki
  4. RF Michael Cuddyer
  5. C Wilin Rosario
  6. 1B Todd Helton
  7. 3B Nolan Arenado
  8. LF Charlie Blackmon
  9. P Collin McHugh

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

Even in down years, I love watching the Crew. This game is blacked out for me as I guess I'm in Denver's market for MLBtv, and I can't say I'm terribly disappointed. Yuni B and Francisco back-to-back gives me a big 'blech' feeling.

Oh jeez, are we looking at Yuni B as our full time starting SS for the remainder of the season? God knows, RRRRRRRRRRRRRRR will not entertain the idea of Bianchi playing SS as long as he has at bats to use on Yuni.

If so, and Segura is out for an extended period of time, this team will become unwatchable. (which it is only a hair from being now, at least there is a shred of fun watching Gomez and Segura every night.)

Segura stayed in, I hope this post was all for not.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

HBP in the wrist. Didn't look good at first, but he stayed in and hit. We'll see what happens...

EDIT: apparently, it was the forearm.

I'm done with the Francisco experiment. All the worthless crap we have had to throw out there at 1B this season is an absolute joke.

I just don't understand how you can go into a season without a back-up plan at 1B. POOR planning to say the least. I find it hard to excuse Melvin on this issue and give him a pass, this is just ridiculous.

To even consider Gonzalez or Yuni as a legit back-up plan at 1B was stupid to the core.

Am I the only one that finds the whole tradition of chanting "oooooooo" for every such sounding name to be quite old and tired? It was old with Mark Chmura. It should have ended with Moose Johnston.

Baseball-related tasks that Francisco has failed at tonight:

1) Place either foot on any part of a 15 inch by 15 inch object.

2) With a baseball glove on, fail to catch a ball thrown to him.

Francisco cannot be faulted. Even RR said playing first is not his position. And now that he is playing first he cannot play third anymore. He is too much thinking about his errors at first so he now makes errors at third. This is all according to RR

Clever managing, hey!

Is there a reason why Khris Davis doesn't play? I thought he had been red hot prior to getting called up and then homered in a pinch hit at bat.

Exactly, you pull a guy up from the minors who is red hot, then you abruptly plunk him on the bench for 4 straight games, allowing him to pinch hit once, which he goes yard.

RRR logic.

Braun is out for the year, you'd think it was a good time to let him get some playing time right?

RRR logic.

The best off-season move that the Brewers can make this year is firing the manager.

Why would we want to give some of the youngsters who will likely factor into our future some playing time in a lost season when we can continue putting useless guys like Juan Francisco and Yuni Betancourt out there?

Metaphorically speaking, we are not only in the caboose, we are standing so far back in the caboose, I couldn't see the locomotive with a pair of binoculars. Since we have zero chance of getting back in it, bring every youngster we can up, and get them extensive playing time. Now.

Let Logan Schafer and Khris Davis split time starting in left field. Let Schafer start in center on days where Carlos Gomez needs a day off.

Let Sean Halton come back up, and play him every day at first base. See if consistent playing time can get him a groove. Let him show us what he can, or cannot do, at the Major League level.

Let Scooter Gennett play at second. Every day. I don't give a rat's you-know-what Rickie Weeks is being paid. Outside of a month this season, he has been useless. He's awful in the field, and completely unproductive at the plate. If Gennett shows he can handle second until a more attractive alternative comes along, great. If he bombs, then we know we need to address the position in the offseason, in this draft. And who knows, maybe Scooter surprises us all. I'd love to see it happened. The kid plays with a chip on his shoulder. He's been told he wasn't good enough his entire career.

DFA Yuni Betancourt. He never needs to play in Milwaukee again. Ever. I don't care if every single shortstop on our 40 man roster goes down. I'd rather bring up somebody from AA than see this worthless lump in the Brewer uni again.

Send Juan Francisco down. He has great power. That's about it. Get him to work on his defense. Get him to work on pitch recognition. Maybe he can be a bat off the bench in the future. But right now, he's just a warm body.

Send a pitcher down.

Bring Halton and Gennett back.

It is time to look to the future. Period. It's time Ron Roenicke realize that, or it's time to part ways with him.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Small quibble, but Gindl has hit pretty well so far so it's not like he deserves to sit. Fransisco may not be one of our guys, but he is still worth investing playing time with as well.

Archived