Brewer Fanatic

2013-07-26 Brewers (Peralta) at Rockies (Chatwood), 7:40 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 8-3]

[igt-2012][game-setup][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/logos/brewers.png[/logo][game-info][h1]July 26 | 7:40 P.M.[/h1][h2]Brewers (42-59) | Rockies (49-54)[/h2][h3]MLB.TV | WTMJ 620[/h3][/game-info][logo]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/logos/rockies.png[/logo][/game-setup][pitching-photos]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/pitchers/brewers/peralta-18.jpghttp://dl.dropbox.com/u/20589901/BrewerFan/2013/pitchers/rockies/chatwood-01.jpg[/pitching-photos][game-matchup][divclass=away][h2]7-9, 4.30 ERA, 1.43 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Rockies | Game Log[/h3][h3]The 24-year-old Peralta has dazzled over his last four starts, posting a 0.31 ERA (one earned run allowed) in 29 1/3 innings. The Brewers have won all four of those games, and manager Ron Roenicke seems to think his young pitcher is settling in.[/h3][/divclass][divclass=home][h2]6-3, 2.48 ERA, 1.34 WHIP[/h2][h3]Versus Brewers | Game Log[/h3][h3]Chatwood labored early but held the Cubs to two runs and seven hits in six innings of a 4-3 victory on Sunday at Coors Field. The home run he gave up to Anthony Rizzo was just the third he has yielded in 13 starts.[/h3][/divclass][starting-lineup][divclass=away]

1. 2B Rickie Weeks
  2. RF 青木 宣親
  3. SS Jean Segura
  4. CF Carlos Gomez
  5. LF Logan Schafer
  6. C Martin Maldonado
  7. 1B Juan Francisco
  8. 3B Yuniesky Betancourt
  9. P Wily Peralta

[/divclass][divclass=home]

1. CF Dexter Fowler
  2. 2B DJ LeMahieu
  3. SS Troy Tulowitzki
  4. RF Michael Cuddyer
  5. 1B Todd Helton
  6. C Wilin Rosario
  7. LF Charlie Blackmon
  8. 3B Nolan Arenado
  9. P Tyler Chatwood

[/divclass][/starting-lineup][/game-matchup][game-links][h3][chat]BrewerFan Chat[/chat] | MLB Gameday[/h3][/game-links][/igt-2012]

Now, for a true determination of if Peralta has Arrived test. On the Road in Coors? A quality Start here would definitely go a long way in to making believers out of non-believers at this point.

I'm sure they are sitting there salivating to see Peralta give up 6Runs in less than 5ip to cry, Yeah our Best SP prospect right here on display Pffh!

I acquired and started Peralta in my fantasy league. Blame this on me. :angry
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

I've been critical of Peralta, but that was the most misleading 4 ER in an inning you'll ever see given up.

Peralta was squeezed worse than I've ever seen by an umpire. When you're throwing 2 balls and 4 strikes every at-bat and they're still getting to take 1st and then scoring on dribblers, there's not much you can do.

I acquired and started Peralta in my fantasy league. Blame this on me. :angry

I picked him up in 3 of my 4 leagues, but didn't have the guts to start him at Coors...

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

Segura is now 0 for his last 18. Maybe it's time to give him a day off?
There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

Why the hell is Betancourt still on this team? There isn't some youngster we could be giving playing time to instead? Betancourt is not in any way a part of our future!!!!!!

Chatwood has 22 strikeouts in his last 44 innings (8 starts) coming into tonight, yet he's struck out 11 Brewers through 7. No walks allowed.

He's thrown 106 pitches, of which 73 have been strikes.

Our offense is just terrible now, and Roenicke inexplicably keeps throwing Betancourt and Francisco out there.

Tyler Chatwood is 11 for 30 at the plate this year. His .702 OPS is higher than Rickie Weeks (.691), Yuni Betancourt (.584), Logan Schafer (.632), Martin Maldonado (.535), and just under Juan Francisco (.710). That's right. He's outhitting 5 of our 8 position players this evening.

But we are improving our draft position for next year! That's a positive!!!!

Archived