Brewer Fanatic

Brewers Plan to Give Back [Reply #64: $10 vouchers to all fans attending August games]

Bombers
Cheap tickets do nothing for me. I already have seats to the game.

The ATI zone tickets do nothing for me since they are worse seats.

That may be true, but there's quite a bit of value in the food and beverages as part of that deal. Not saying it's for everyone, and I guess they do this at other times in other areas. It's just the first I've seen of it.

I get email from my rep pretty often, but usually buzz through and delete it. This is the first time I've read about specific discounts on higher value seating--though again, apparently this isn't the first time they've done it, and it isn't tied to the Braun problem.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1) Bring back the playing catch on the field thing for all season ticket holders (including partial season tickets)!!

Have you done the batting practice for season seat holders? I am doing that next month, that seems even better than just playing catch on the field.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Free beer night.* It would be a massive hit and would likely garner national media attention.

* and by free beer night I mean 100% free and unlimited Miller products.

Except that iirc, the Brewers wouldn't even have any control of an event like that. Sportservice pays a huge fee to run concessions at MP.

And it would be a security nightmare.

This is why you'll never see a free or cheap beer night at an MLB park again:

http://mlb.si.com/2013/06/04/a-mistake-by-the-lake-remembering-the-10-cent-beer-night-riot/

re: The email I got, he said that actually someone on their team already had a similar idea, and that they were considering their options right now.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Free beer night.* It would be a massive hit and would likely garner national media attention.

Except that iirc, the Brewers wouldn't even have any control of an event like that. Sportservice pays a huge fee to run concessions at MP.

The Brewers can pay Sportservice for the beer so it's free to us. Problem solved.

Also, I'm aware of the 1974 10 cent beer night. But this is 2013, not 1974 and I'm confident that Wisconsin residents would peacefully enjoy their free beer without incident at the park or drunk driving afterward. "Please drink responsibly."

The Brewers can pay Sportservice for the beer so it's free to us. Problem solved.

Also, I'm aware of the 1974 10 cent beer night. But this is 2013, not 1974 and I'm confident that Wisconsin residents would peacefully enjoy their free beer without incident at the park or drunk driving afterward. "Please drink responsibly."

Clearly, you haven't been to opening day in the last 5 years.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

1) Bring back the playing catch on the field thing for all season ticket holders (including partial season tickets)!!

Have you done the batting practice for season seat holders? I am doing that next month, that seems even better than just playing catch on the field.

I think in prior years at least, the BP has been just for full season customers.

The playing catch opportunity was fun when we did it in like 2004. It was rather hot the day we went, so we didn't literally play catch for that long. But since there was no one rushing us off the field/out of the park, we spent some time wandering around. Another fan offered to photograph me calling the bullpen from the dugout. (Fun fact: the phone rings immediately when you pick it up.) I also used the bullpen restroom, mostly just to say I did. It's unisex!

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Hold on, how are you doing batting practice? I was not given that option this year. I was only given a choice between food vouchers and a Braun jersey. I even put down in the survey a couple of weeks ago that they should bring back the batting practice.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

I've done BP four times in past years. This year I was not given that option, only the jersey or food vouchers. I think I'll be emailing my rep to see what's up.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

From the link... the Brewers expect to distribute more than $3.6 million worth of vouchers.

Could this be a way for them to tell the fans that they are giving back the money they will be saving from Braun's contract without mentioning him by name.

From the link... the Brewers expect to distribute more than $3.6 million worth of vouchers.

Could this be a way for them to tell the fans that they are giving back the money they will be saving from Braun's contract without mentioning him by name.

Except everyone knows $10 in concessions probably costs the team $1 or less in actual cost. Doubt this promotion costs them more than $500k.

Except everyone knows $10 in concessions probably costs the team $1 or less in actual cost. Doubt this promotion costs them more than $500k.

It's hard to pinpoint. If people use it as a discount on clothing that they normally wouldn't otherwise purchase, it might actually be a net gain in that they reduce inventory that might have had to be put on sale later. If people use it for their normal brat and a beer they usually pay full price for, then that's costing them the full amount. If they normally wouldn't otherwise spend anything at the concessions for food/drink, then the cost is minimal of their product cost.

Then there is parking revenue generated when people who would have otherwise eaten tickets show up because of the $10 incentive or people decide to attend a game who otherwise wouldn't.

It certainly won't cost them anywhere near the face value of the vouchers.

It certainly won't cost them anywhere near the face value of the vouchers.

That's true, because they don't sell anything at cost.

But what it means to me is $90 in my pocket for stuff that I would have otherwise bought.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

A $10.00 food voucher? So........like half a pepsi and a hot dog! :laughing

In all seriousness, not a bad first move from the PR guys.

It's not just the cost of the food for the team/vending though, think of the fans that normally buy that food that will now be getting it for free. It's not just the food cost, it's the money that won't be being spent on it. Granted, there will be people buying food that normally wouldn't (and let's be honest, 10 bucks just doesn't go that far at the ballpark, so maybe this could come out as a dollar-neutral move in the long run.

Archived