Brewer Fanatic

Brewers Plan to Give Back [Reply #64: $10 vouchers to all fans attending August games]

Bombers
  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe not a jersey trade-in, but have some professional sewers on hand and offer to take Braun's name and number off of the jersey and put another number/name on. People won't feel like they wasted money, the Brewers only have to pay for the labor, and no jerseys end up in the landfill.

I like the idea of County Stadium prices night. Every weekday game for the month of September. I'd really like to see him up the ante on Fan Appreciation Night. Since I have tickets. :)

I love the idea that mark would just straight up give away braun's money... That's the way to go

As for the jersey thing, that's crazy--- Hernandez was released and is a murderer. Braun is a jerk and an idiot. Still a member of the brewers as well. Give his 4 million bucks away.

Zany idea: put a big ol' beer stein at the bottom of Bernie's slide.

Also, tell fans that Yuniesky Betancourt will be handed release papers during the 7th inning stretch of a randomly-selected game.

"You're the GM": lucky winner gets to place a waiver claim on a washed-up AAAA player and then promote him when rosters expand on September 1st.

Yeah they wouldn't be taking a trade for the $50 bootleg model that everyone and their brother is sporting anyway that they bought from the guy who is also selling those shirts and hats with the Brewers/Badgers/Packers symbol mash up.

Brewers held a nickle beer night back in the 70s vs Oakland. It rained big time till just before game time yet 29,000 showed up.

There were fights & drunkeness everywhere & the team never had another nickle beer night!

My pops told me about that one

Maybe we can do Disco demolition night part 2

http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/846519-top-10-worst-mlb-gameday-promotions-ever/page/10

And yes, it'll be this-

I'm guessing it'll involve free or cheap tickets up in the Terrace nosebleeds like most of their promotions.

Not that there's anything wrong with it but I think some fans are getting their hopes up way too high.

I think a County Stadium price night would be fun. They haven't done anything like that in a while, that I recall.

One idea I had would be to do a sort of "Super Tailgate Party". Like basically people could tailgate before the game as normal, but random players and team personell would go around and give stuff out, chat up the fans, etc. Maybe have a band playing on a stage somewhere. Could be a fun thing.

They aren't going to do any promos that cast Braun in a negative light. People have to remember that he's going to be a Brewers player for a long time yet.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I think a County Stadium price night would be fun. They haven't done anything like that in a while, that I recall.

One idea I had would be to do a sort of "Super Tailgate Party". Like basically people could tailgate before the game as normal, but random players and team personell would go around and give stuff out, chat up the fans, etc. Maybe have a band playing on a stage somewhere. Could be a fun thing.

They aren't going to do any promos that cast Braun in a negative light. People have to remember that he's going to be a Brewers player for a long time yet.

I love the tailgate party idea. That sounds like a lot of fun. You should forward that over to someone with the Brewers. Sounds like something they'd agree to do for sure.

Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

The jersey trade in idea is ridiculous. If teams are going to operate under the premise that they may have to trade in jerseys for players suspended for drug violations, whoever outfits the NFL would go bankrupt.

Not to take this off topic, but I think you are VASTLY underestimating the margins on jerseys here. The cost to them is probably less than $10.00 per jersey, the markup making up the rest. Even if they traded in EVERY jersey for another it would still be a magnificently profitable venture for them, and certainly not anything that would take them bankrupt. I realize the team factors that revenue into their plans, but that could be worked out for the relatively small number of players that get suspended any given year.

I think a jersey exchange would be a great idea. Who wants to have a jersey for a player that won't play the rest of the year and has brought so much shame on the Brewers?

More importantly...I think it would be a great way to market other Brewers. Should Braun fall off a cliff or get busted again, the Brewers need a #2 player of the franchise. Who is that?

I think a jersey exchange would be a great idea. Who wants to have a jersey for a player that won't play the rest of the year and has brought so much shame on the Brewers?

More importantly...I think it would be a great way to market other Brewers. Should Braun fall off a cliff or get busted again, the Brewers need a #2 player of the franchise. Who is that?

Are some of you really not getting it? Braun is under a long term contract. He isn't going to be DFAed or traded, or whatever other ridiculous scenario certain fans want to dream up. The Brewers aren't going to throw him under the bus by doing a promotion that basically says, "Yes, our star player is a cheater and we all hate him now! Get rid of his jersey that is now like toxic waste! Braun effigy burning to follow after tonight's game!"

I mean, come on now...I realize emotions are high lately, but I'm tired of this sort of irrationality.

By the way, it just came out that Braun merchandise sales have actually gone up since Monday, according to the Brewers.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Over the 20 years that we have been season ticket customers, there have been plenty of individual games during which I wished the Brewers would do something extra and nice for the fans who sat through the entirety of a clunker game, or (at County) really crappy weather or the like. I've long figured that our 'fan cred' has got to be through the roof, but sometimes I'd like something a little more tangible than fan cred.

So I appreciate that the Brewers are contemplating some type of tangible reward, even if it's likely to be small.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

While I agree Attanasio is a fan's owner in that he's always tried to reward them with effort and pushing the payroll, he's clearly in a PR pickle from a business standpoint now. As he stated the other night, this is not going to go away any time soon. He's clearly counting on loyalty from his fan base, but he knows darn well this is going to be a tough offseason selling tickets. I don't buy season tickets, but I think anything short of a prorated refund to the season ticket holders of the money that would have been paid to Braun, doesn't quite ring true.

Over the 20 years that we have been season ticket customers, there have been plenty of individual games during which I wished the Brewers would do something extra and nice for the fans who sat through the entirety of a clunker game, or (at County) really crappy weather or the like. I've long figured that our 'fan cred' has got to be through the roof, but sometimes I'd like something a little more tangible than fan cred.

So I appreciate that the Brewers are contemplating some type of tangible reward, even if it's likely to be small.

free bud selig bobbleheads for all season ticket holders

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

Agreed. I remember getting some trinkets in years past for buying season ticket packages. . .Mini-bat, Desk Ornament, Uniform patch, Media Guide, etc. That was under the Selig ownership group.

I appreciate the effort by Mark and I think he's well aware of the problems of having disgruntled fans, but I don't expect him to give away the house, either.

Maybe instead of a "buy 10, get 1 free" deal, they make it get 2 free, or 3.

There were lots of empty seats Wednesday night against the Padres. If the Brewers gave away seats to these lowly attended games, they would still make money on parking and concessions.

And it looks like the Giveback has started, with the Brewers offering season ticket package holders the opportunity to get tickets in the ATI club on Friday August 2 for $39 each. Includes a buffet dinner, 2 beers and unlimited soft drinks. Normal price is $86.

This info just came via email from my ticket rep.

Jim, are you a full season ticket holder? I'm a 20 game season ticket holder. Have not seen this offer (although..not sure I would do it anyways.)

Completed the season ticket survey the other day. One thing I noted and another that I forgot to mention:

1) Bring back the playing catch on the field thing for all season ticket holders (including partial season tickets)!!

2) Find a way to acknowledge long term season ticket holders. Maybe some sort of anniversary gift on the 10th, 15th, 20th, etc years. Maybe an extra discount on those years. Something! I renewed my tickets after a lot of crappy Brewer seasons, including the strike year of 1994.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Jim, are you a full season ticket holder? I'm a 20 game season ticket holder. Have not seen this offer (although..not sure I would do it anyways.)

Completed the season ticket survey the other day. One thing I noted and another that I forgot to mention:

1) Bring back the playing catch on the field thing for all season ticket holders (including partial season tickets)!!

2) Find a way to acknowledge long term season ticket holders. Maybe some sort of anniversary gift on the 10th, 15th, 20th, etc years. Maybe an extra discount on those years. Something! I renewed my tickets after a lot of crappy Brewer seasons, including the strike year of 1994.

No, I'm just a Hot Summer Nights 10-pack holder in Section 217.

They've had similar $39 offers for everyone (not just STH) in the various all-inclusive areas this season. About 3 weeks ago I paid $39 each for Miller Lite Party Deck tickets and remember a similar deal for the Harley Deck. Don't think that has anything to do with Braun and more to do with those group areas not selling as well this season. Keep an eye on the John & Cait blog for those deals.

Cheap tickets do nothing for me. I already have seats to the game.

The ATI zone tickets do nothing for me since they are worse seats.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

Archived