Brewer Fanatic

Brewers Plan to Give Back [Reply #64: $10 vouchers to all fans attending August games]

Bombers

I read this and it looks like the Brewers are going to be coming up with some new promotions for the remainder of the year.

http://www.bizjournals.com/milwaukee/news/2013/07/25/attanasio-team-planning-payback-for.html

Attanasio said: “I am working with Rick Schlesinger and Bob Quinn on a way to give back to the fans not only for going through this, but for what otherwise has been a difficult and frustrating season for us. We are working on some ideas to give back to the fans in a meaningful way to show our appreciation for their support.”

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are some idea's that have come through on Twitter:

1. Free Beer Friday's

2. Randomly give 10,000 fans $325 (Braun's forfeited salary for remainder of year)

3. 50% off any item in Pro Shop (select games)

4. Braun sits in a dunk tank. General public gets to dunk him.

5. County Stadium prices night.

6. Have timber rattlers come down and sign autographs.

7. Have Braun donate every game check to a different charity next year.

8. Win Braun's Game Day Check - Random attendee will win braun's paycheck for the game.

9. Discount on 2014 season tickets.

this is why I think Mark is one of the best baseball owners in the league. who else does this?? Granted, I dont follow every team, but have other owners made an effort to GIVE back to fans for a bad season both on/off the field?

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

How about a jersey exchange a la the Patriots and Aaron Hernandez? Obviously a WAY different situation, but I know the Braun jersey in my closet isn't going to get much, if any, use anymore.

:rolleyes

this is the most tired thing ive heard about this entire situation

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Here are some idea's that have come through on Twitter:

1. Free Beer Friday's

2. Randomly give 10,000 fans $325 (Braun's forfeited salary for remainder of year)

3. 50% off any item in Pro Shop (select games)

4. Braun sits in a dunk tank. General public gets to dunk him.

5. County Stadium prices night.

6. Have timber rattlers come down and sign autographs.

7. Have Braun donate every game check to a different charity next year.

8. Win Braun's Game Day Check - Random attendee will win braun's paycheck for the game.

9. Discount on 2014 season tickets.

Free beer Friday is a terrible, terrible idea.

Braun in a dunk tank........well, he can't be at the stadium or have any contact with the team til spring training next year so.....that's out the window.

I know some of these are tongue in cheek, but anything that lets the public vent anger or even hate on Braun in a physical way isn't going to start any kind of healing process. It's fun (for some) to think about, I'm sure, but just in the realm of silliness.

Having him donate every game check for a year? Why? he's already serving his punishment.......a 65 game suspension.

Braun in a dunk tank........well, he can't be at the stadium or have any contact with the team til spring training next year so.....that's out the window.

Actually, he is allowed to work out with the team on off days and before games.

How about a jersey exchange a la the Patriots and Aaron Hernandez? Obviously a WAY different situation, but I know the Braun jersey in my closet isn't going to get much, if any, use anymore.

:rolleyes

this is the most tired thing ive heard about this entire situation

I agree. The crimes are on separate planets.

Clearly they are, I never implied the crimes were similar at all, just meant to draw a parallel to the jersey exchange idea. There are a lot of Brewers fans that now have Brewers merchandise that will go unused. That's a lot of public marketing that is now relegated to closets at a time when you are looking to rebrand yourself. If you're already looking to "give back" and looking to deflect the Braun situation, you don't think a new influx of Segura, Gomez, Lucroy, and Peralta jerseys in Miller Park and around Milwaukee would help? Because the vast majority of the jerseys seen nowadays (or at least before this week) are Braun's.

EDIT: In thinking further I'll give you that it's probably not the best idea for the Brewers to distance themselves from Braun by discarding many of his jerseys (this may be more what you were getting at)...perhaps something like a "have a Braun jersey, get another player's half off" kind of deal?

I am not Shea Vucinich

Clearly they are, I never implied the crimes were similar at all, just meant to draw a parallel to the jersey exchange idea. There are a lot of Brewers fans that now have Brewers merchandise that will go unused. That's a lot of public marketing that is now relegated to closets at a time when you are looking to rebrand yourself. If you're already looking to "give back" and looking to deflect the Braun situation, you don't think a new influx of Segura, Gomez, Lucroy, and Peralta jerseys in Miller Park and around Milwaukee would help? Because the vast majority of the jerseys seen nowadays (or at least before this week) are Braun's.

EDIT: In thinking further I'll give you that it's probably not the best idea for the Brewers to distance themselves from Braun by discarding many of his jerseys (this may be more what you were getting at)...perhaps something like a "have a Braun jersey, get another player's half off" kind of deal?

The Patriots (or any NFL team) will never see Hernandez on the field again, which is why they opted to buy back jerseys people invested in. Braun will be back in 2014, and for the long term picture of the franchise.

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the owner made it clear he was distancing himself from Braun they could do a shirt promotion but that does not appear to be the case. Unlike MLB I imagine Braun will still be heavily marketed by the Brewers.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

On the radio the other day Lucroy said he was not allowed to have any contact with the team until next spring. Maybe he was mistaken.

I think the idea behind this is to:

- give fans more incentive to keep coming to games this year

- give fans something positive to think or talk about so they have a good feeling towards the Brewers

- with the ultimate goal being to stem further attendence erosion in 2014 (don't fool yourself that is what is behind this)

So my idea is to hold in game raffles between innings for the rest of the home games. As you come into the stadium everyone gets one raffle ticket for that day. Announcements are then made periodically between innings with the winning numbers and what they get. With the biggest prizes being say $200 credit to use on Brewer merchandise or tickets (inluding those for 2014).

This way you thank the fans who still show up at the games by giving away a host of prizes, build good will, get rid of stuff in the brewers warehouses (old bobleheads, jerseys, etc), and ensure some people come back for 2014.

This wouldn't cost much. Besides the give-aways of old stuff, you could give away 50 - $200 credits a game for the next 26 home games and it is only costs $260,000.

On the radio the other day Lucroy said he was not allowed to have any contact with the team until next spring. Maybe he was mistaken.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/brewers/ryan-braun-can-work-out-with-team-prior-to-games-b9960461z1-216703121.html

I suppose this means I am trusting the JS.... :)

he's mistaken.

The MLB drug policy allows a suspended player to use club facilities such as conditioning rooms, batting tunnels and other areas of the clubhouse. He is allowed to work out on the field and participate in pre-game batting practice but only until the gates open before the game, usually about an hour and a half before first pitch

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

How many people here bought a Braun jersey one of Miller Park's shops. The Hernandez trade ins were only for jerseys bought in their team store.

The thing about that was that it was only good for brands sold in the team store, Reebok and Nike. You couldn't bring a Wal-Mart fan jersey in for trade. The Patriots shop wasn't going to turn away the jersey if it was a legitimate licensed product.

Having said that, there's no way the Brewers do this. Braun is a part of this organization going forward, whether some fans like it or not.

I would like to see Braun sign a revised contract. Put in incentive bonuses instead of guaranteed money. If he does well he gets paid . If not the team pays him less money. This would demonstrate his sincere regret for what he has done to his reputation & the Brewers franchise.

Make it a special night, have him tear up the old contract & sign the new one at home plate.What a festive occasion that would be!

Brewers held a nickle beer night back in the 70s vs Oakland. It rained big time till just before game time yet 29,000 showed up.

There were fights & drunkeness everywhere & the team never had another nickle beer night!

I would like to see Braun sign a revised contract. Put in incentive bonuses instead of guaranteed money. If he does well he gets paid . If not the team pays him less money. This would demonstrate his sincere regret for what he has done to his reputation & the Brewers franchise.

Make it a special night, have him tear up the old contract & sign the new one at home plate.What a festive occasion that would be!

This would be reminiscent of an old WWF face turn: "Right here, in this very stadium, Ryan Braun will tear up his old contract, and sign a new one in front of Commissioner Selig!"

Archived