Brewer Fanatic

Rickie Weeks returns to form [Latest: Weeks is done for the season, surgery likely. See post #91]

After being "player of the month" for June, Weeks has returned to his early season form in July: .169/.319/.322.

For the year, Weeks has driven in just 12 of 190 runners on base when he's batted. He's 1 for 30 with 2 outs and RISP and is hitting .118 overall with RISP.

I think another visit from Scooter is in order. Weeks was far more productive not playing every day.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The problem is that, sadly, Gennett isn't an upgrade over Weeks even when Rickie is scuffling.

Gennett's slash line in his time up with the big club this year is .214/.250/.357/.607. And he's also not a defensive upgrade.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

The problem is that, sadly, Gennett isn't an upgrade over Weeks even when Rickie is scuffling.

Gennett's slash line in his time up with the big club this year is .214/.250/.357/.607. And he's also not a defensive upgrade.

I'm not sure how much you can learn from a handful of AB's.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

How about his .292/.330/.385/.715 line in 2012 in Huntsville or his .293/.337/.387/.724 line in Nashville? Both are pretty terrible.

How about his .292/.330/.385/.715 line in 2012 in Huntsville or his .293/.337/.387/.724 line in Nashville? Both are pretty terrible.

What is the average line for a 2nd baseman?

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

What is the average line for a 2nd baseman?

I'm not sure what the average line is but there are 17 qualified 2nd basemen in baseball this year. Weeks is 11th in wOBA. My main point is if Gennett is barely keeping his OPS above .700 the last two seasons in the minors, how is he going to look in the majors against better pitching? Will it match Weeks' .322 OBP and .377 SLG%?

I was wondering when this topic would come up.

I guess I wouldn't have a problem with Gennett coming up, but he isn't likely to be any good either. As someone said earlier, just make sure the 2015 option doesn't vest.

seriously, the sample size scoot has had in milwaukee is too small to make a decision on whether or not he'll be any good.

Posted: July 10, 2014, 12:30 AM

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

If the Brewers don't win the division I should be banned. However, they will.

Last visited: September 03, 2014, 7:10 PM

seriously, the sample size scoot has had in milwaukee is too small to make a decision on whether or not he'll be any good.

Yes, but the minor league sample size isn't particularly encouraging. It's not terrible, but it's not very good either.

Weeks seems like a good candidate for a change of scenery trade. Much like the Brewers did with the Hardy for Gomez deal. Obviously Weeks is older, so he wouldn't bring back someone like Gomez. But a trade like that is still a possibility with a team that needs a 2B and has their own player that could use a change of scenery. The only hindrance may be his contract, but I think that could be worked out. The only issue is whether or not Scooter can step in and be at least a semi-productive player in his place.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

As stated above, just don't let the option vest and I'll be ok with Rickie for next year.

club can void 2015 if he does not make 600 plate appearances in 2014 or 1,200 plate appearances over 2013-14 combined

he's got 346 PA in 91 games in 2013 so far

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

For the year, Weeks has driven in just 12 of 190 runners on base when he's batted. He's 1 for 30 with 2 outs and RISP and is hitting .118 overall with RISP.

Why cherry pick those random situations? His whole season has been terrible.

Mainly because those are money situations, and those numbers are off the charts bad, not just terrible.

I was at the game yesterday and the topic of conversation in our group was how amazing it was that Weeks had only 22 RBI's on the year despite hitting in RBI producing positions in the lineup. Its not like he is Aoki and leading off every day. Plus we basically turned away when Weeks came up in those two run scoring situations. We would be been pleasantly suprised if he had actually done something good

I like how he is being rewarded for his crappy season by becoming our new lead-off hitter...

Makes not one ounce of sense. Does this kind of foolishness occur on any other team in MLB?

As I have said before, I hate this season.

"I'm sick of runnin' from these wimps!" Ajax - The WARRIORS

I dont get why they are messing with our top of the order that has been SO GOOD SO FAR!!!! why move Aoki and Segura down WHEN THEYRE DOING GREAT IN THOSE SPOTS??

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

Aoki

Segura

Gomez

Lucroy

that is how the top 4 should be every single game until ARam comes back, and until he gets traded.

PrinceFielderx1 Said:

Archived