MVP2110
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Staff

June 17th - Q&A with Keys Nicky Delmonico

Camden Depot, June 7th - Quick View: Nicky Delmonico

July 18th:

Frederick infielder Nick Delmonico, who was rated by Baseball America before the season as the organization’s No. 4 prospect, was struck in the helmet with a pitch Wednesday.

He left the game and was held out of Thursday’s contest with the Salem Red Sox for precautionary reasons. The Orioles do not believe the 21-year-old Delmonico has a concussion. Delmonico was hitting .254 with a .361 on-base percentage and 13 homers in 56 games for the Keys.

(Missed just one game)

Just turned 21, but getting married in October :)

August 2011: Nicky Delmonico on the phone call that convinced him to be an Oriole

Verified Member

Yeah, but the thing about Braun is...oh wait. Wrong thread.

I was just proclaiming to a buddy last night that we'd be lucky to get some lifer AAAA player for Krod who could fill in for injuries. Just based on the quick reads here, I'm thriilled with this (other than the "told you sos" I've been hearing). Man, I can't remember being so glad to see something new on top of this board.

I don't see this ending well for Baltimore.

I'm a fan of this deal. Wow really Baltimore? surprised they got in on KRod with Johnson.

Delmonico sounds like a high upside type player with the bat. That's all you can ask for! "Best Power hitter in Baltimore's farm"? With plate discipline? I can think of less plate discipline and more shown power down the road attacking pitches with maturity. So think a 15-20HR guy that may turn in to 30+

That's the upside I'm reading and I can't believe we got it for renting KRod!

Oh and based on Scouting book's rankings, Delmonico would slide in 9th in ranking in the Brewers' system. Directly behind Mitch Haniger and ahead of Logan Schafer. So really around 5th behind Jungmann, Roache, Bradley?, Haniger, and then Delmonico. Surprised Taylor isn't ranked higher on Scouting book. And Bradley and Roache are?

For KRod? That we got anything of value was a pleasant surprise, but a guy with legitimate upside?

If you had told me that the Brewers would trade KRod for a legit prospect in January I would have thought you were high. We live in strange times.

Good trade. I'm shocked that we got anything of value for a half season of K Rod.

I'm so happy to have something else to talk about, so I went and picked up one of his cards.

http://img542.imageshack.us/img542/5787/tm17.png

$9.99 with free delivery. Not bad.

I like the power potential + plate discipline. If he could stick at third, and be even decent defensively, this is a win. It's at least a little ray of sunshine through the dark clouds.

There are three things America will be known for 2000 years from now when they study this civilization: the Constitution, jazz music and baseball. They're the three most beautifully designed things this culture has ever produced. Gerald Early

It's great that KRod brought something worth while back but when will this team stop the love affair with guys that can't play defense? I love offense as much as the next guy but you can't field a lineup of 8 1B's, corner OF'ers, and DH's.

Well let's see... we have the three most difficult defensive positions covered for the foreseeable future with average or better players.

It's great that KRod brought something worth while back but when will this team stop the love affair with guys that can't play defense? I love offense as much as the next guy but you can't field a lineup of 8 1B's, corner OF'ers, and DH's.

Gomez is a plus defender in CF

Aoki's range makes him a good defender in right

Braun is an average defensive left fielder (when he isn't busy being suspended for PEDs)

Segura has been nothing but great at SS

Lucroy is well-regarded as a defensive catcher, even if he doesn't throw lots of base stealers out.

That leaves 3rd, 2nd, and 1st as questionable defensive positions right now. Once Weeks is gone, 2nd will be upgraded defensively. 1B and 3B are positions teams can live with questionable defense if they get premium offensive production. I'd say this Brewers team is much better defensively than the fielding-hack teams of 4-5 seasons ago.

I love this trade - as others have said, Melvin turned a nothing into a decently-regarded prospect that strengthens their organization. With what the Cubs got for Garza and the amount of contending teams this year who could deal, I think Melvin needs to shop just about every veteran on the roster, especially if the value is right.

It's great that KRod brought something worth while back but when will this team stop the love affair with guys that can't play defense?

I don't believe there's a consensus that Delmonico can't play defense?

B-but one or two guys on the internet said it.

He certainly has a lot of errors this season at 3B, but I'd definitely like to wait to see him play a bit before forming an opinion... especially since this is his first pro season at the position. Of course, all the scouting reports have proved true that Segura just isn't a plus as a SS defender...

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived